[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Seriously...expectations were too high and to many ppl were overating this team
Author Thread
NYKniCksFan87
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #700
2/11/2006  7:09 PM
i myself include myself in that crowd..this season isnt really browns fault when u think about it effort wise because no coach should have to coach effort...also too many of us were overating our key acqusitions....i dunno..but i always felt that this team is still subpar even b4 the season started, but that feelings was in the back of my mind...
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/11/2006  7:32 PM
I think we overrated how difficult it would be having 10 new guys and a new coach and three rookies and all that. oh well.
¿ △ ?
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
2/11/2006  7:51 PM
no, we did not overrate this team. if i said last year this time we would have a starting line up of curry, marbury, q-rich as well as a promising pf rookie, we would have been ecstatic . this roster has talent. they are underachieving GREATLY.
crzymdups
USA
2/11/2006  7:54 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

I think we overrated how difficult it would be having 10 new guys and a new coach and three rookies and all that. oh well.

¿ △ ?
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/11/2006  8:01 PM
If Marbury didn't get hurt, the perception of this team might be considerably different.
crzymdups
USA
2/11/2006  8:07 PM
Posted by Rich:

If Marbury didn't get hurt, the perception of this team might be considerably different.

yeah, not having our only PG and star healthy over the last 13 games has definitely sucked.

I think we all got excited about adding some quality, while forgetting that the big pieces were young guys. Qrich and Marbs battling injuries has obviously hurt as well.
¿ △ ?
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
2/11/2006  8:21 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by Rich:

yeah, not having our only PG and star healthy over the last 13 games has definitely sucked.

I think we all got excited about adding some quality, while forgetting that the big pieces were young guys. Qrich and Marbs battling injuries has obviously hurt as well.

Were they supposed to be big pieces because they're young or because they're the type of talent that you can build a contender around?
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
oohah
Member: #887
2/11/2006  8:28 PM
this season isnt really browns fault when u think about it effort wise because no coach should have to coach effort

Effort is just the latest excuse for Brown. The effort of this team was never questioned until about the last ten games. Isn't Brown responsible for the disaster preceding the last ten?

oohah
Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
2/11/2006  8:32 PM
if there are players with great potential, and the ability to play D, yet they just dont; well that is a lack of effort.
rojasmas
Member: #639
No, Brown is never the problem. Isiah is, or the players. LB is infallible because he won one championship.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
NYKniCksFan87
yep..ur right....im just saying...brown i still dont think is the right coach for this team
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
Swishfm3
Member: #392
2/11/2006  8:35 PM
Posted by jazz74:

no, we did not overrate this team. if i said last year this time we would have a starting line up of curry, marbury, q-rich as well as a promising pf rookie, we would have been ecstatic . this roster has talent. they are underachieving GREATLY.

I agree.

noone predicted championship...but at least a playoff berth
OldFan
Member: #446
2/11/2006  10:47 PM
Posted by Swishfm3:
Posted by jazz74:

I agree.

noone predicted championship...but at least a playoff berth

Who predicted a playoff birth? I recall seeing a lot of posters complaining about how negative many pundits were about the Knicks. In reality the Knicks were predicted to be a bad to mediciore team - with the mediciore only being predicted based on Brown coaxing an extra ten wins out of em.

JayNYC
Member: #682
USA
2/11/2006  10:54 PM
Posted by NYKniCksFan87:

i myself include myself in that crowd..this season isnt really browns fault when u think about it effort wise because no coach should have to coach effort...also too many of us were overating our key acqusitions....i dunno..but i always felt that this team is still subpar even b4 the season started, but that feelings was in the back of my mind...

Even if we as fans did fall for the "hype", and lets assume that we did set the bar a little too high in expectations as well for this team. There is no way... and I mean NO WAY, that this team should be struggling the way they have thus far... period!

Say what you will, but Isiah has reshaped the "talent" on this team.. made us taller, and got us a high profile coach. We had a decent draft! Realistically, he gave us everything we'd asked for given the cap constraints!

Maybe asking for the playoffs was a bit much, but no one should have ever imagined that this team would have a mere 14 wins by the allstar break. That's crazy... look at our roster. On paper that should be at the very least challenging for top of the Atlantic Division.

Everyone in the Knicks Organization is to blame for this fiasco.. but no one could have foreseen this calamity!

[Edited by - JayNYC on 02-11-2006 10:56 PM]
Inhale deep like the words of my breath/ I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death-- Circa 1994 Nasty Nas: NY State of Mind
NYKniCksFan87
2/11/2006  11:02 PM
yep...im just suprosed..how the talent on this team cant be utilized...in my minds..we're better than philly, boston,toronto and the nets since they have no inside presence
OldFan
Member: #446
2/11/2006  11:17 PM
Posted by JayNYC:
Posted by NYKniCksFan87:

Even if we as fans did fall for the "hype", and lets assume that we did set the bar a little too high in expectations as well for this team. There is no way... and I mean NO WAY, that this team should be struggling the way they have thus far... period!

Say what you will, but Isiah has reshaped the "talent" on this team.. made us taller, and got us a high profile coach. We had a decent draft! Realistically, he gave us everything we'd asked for given the cap constraints!

Maybe asking for the playoffs was a bit much, but no one should have ever imagined that this team would have a mere 14 wins by the allstar break. That's crazy... look at our roster. On paper that should be at the very least challenging for top of the Atlantic Division.

Everyone in the Knicks Organization is to blame for this fiasco.. but no one could have foreseen this calamity!

[Edited by - JayNYC on 02-11-2006 10:56 PM]

On paper (or off) who are the good defensive players? Who are the players who have shown consistency? This was not news - that was the history of these players - Craw ( No D, erratic) Curry (No D, erratic, out of shape) Marbs (No D, No leadership)
Q (so-so D, limited Offense, injured) James (Fat, Lazy, erratic) Mo T (erratic, no effort) , Penny (Done), AD (close to done), Rose (close to done). The rookies are good for Rookies but not good enough to turn this team into winners.

Plus we've had injuries. So why besides our hope that LB could fix all these problems was this team suppose to be better then terrible?
JayNYC
Member: #682
USA
2/11/2006  11:32 PM
Dude, Marbury is actually a pretty sound defensive player.. His problem is that he isn't defensive minded- Doesn't think D First (Which is a big difference from saying that he can't play D.) I will agree that he lacks leadership in instances.. FINE, that being said he still is more than capable of leading a team to the playoffs.

Jerome James.. No doubt is a career underachiever.. BUT not for nothing he has always been a big man that can clog up the middle, and alter shots with his blocking ability.

Q-Rich, I don't know what his problem is.. but as far as a limited offensive game... Quentin Richardson (Clipper Days- pre back injury) would play more physically, inside/post game and could stroke the three. Thats not limited at all. He even had a decent mid range attack back then... I think its more mental with him than anything else. His defense actually became stronger under LB!

Mo Taylor.. has never been a defensive juggernaut.. but under LB he too has become a standout in this regard. He's actually played well defensively, the problem with him as well as our other bigs is the inability of our guards to keep their man from penetrating.

Rose.. was historically known as a good defender.

Bottomline is nobody could have thought this team would stink this bad, and give up points the way we have thus far. On paper, doesn't win championships no doubt.. but this is just a lack of effort. Cause certain players on our team are average or above defenders. Confidence is everything! These guys just don't like the LB system, and thats why their needs to be an overhaul of players.

[Edited by - JayNYC on 02-11-2006 11:34 PM]
Inhale deep like the words of my breath/ I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death-- Circa 1994 Nasty Nas: NY State of Mind
Seriously...expectations were too high and to many ppl were overating this team

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy