Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
2/11/2006  9:17 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by Knight:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by Knight:

^Marbury did finish last in the 2004 NBA Skills Competition at the All-Star Game...behind Boykins, D. Fisher, and B. Davis.

Guys, I bring you stats and facts only....Marbury stats in real games (non all start comp) 18 pts and 8 assist career of 10 years...only one player better...Oscar Robertson....I'll put that up against Boykins, D. Fisher and B Davis anyday of the week.....

It's a team game. What has Marbury ever won?

If it's a team game, why does marybury need to win anything on his own?

What have his teams ever won? How do they do when he leaves?
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
AUTOADVERT
McK1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #964
2/11/2006  9:17 PM
Posted by misterearl:

b - Larry has the reigns.

So mcK1, if what you opine is true, what's the point of keeping Isiah on the payroll?

the Anucha Browne thing has yet to be settled.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/11/2006  9:38 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by Knight:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by Knight:

^Marbury did finish last in the 2004 NBA Skills Competition at the All-Star Game...behind Boykins, D. Fisher, and B. Davis.

Guys, I bring you stats and facts only....Marbury stats in real games (non all start comp) 18 pts and 8 assist career of 10 years...only one player better...Oscar Robertson....I'll put that up against Boykins, D. Fisher and B Davis anyday of the week.....

John Stockton and the Mailman didn't win anything either and they are great players...It's about what you have around you as a team...No player wins it all by himself....No one player...Bird needed McHale,DJ,Ainge adn parish...Magic needed Kareem, Worthy,B Scott,Cooper...and a great coach...Micheal needed Scotty,Rodman,Cartwright,Hodges,Paxton.....But Marbs..he should be able to do it on his own....If not he is a loser, right....
mythfaze
Member: #106
2/11/2006  9:52 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by Knight:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by Knight:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by Knight:

John Stockton and the Mailman didn't win anything either and they are great players...It's about what you have around you as a team...No player wins it all by himself....No one player...Bird needed McHale,DJ,Ainge adn parish...Magic needed Kareem, Worthy,B Scott,Cooper...and a great coach...Micheal needed Scotty,Rodman,Cartwright,Hodges,Paxton.....But Marbs..he should be able to do it on his own....If not he is a loser, right....

Correction: Stockton and Malone didn't win a championship. They won a whole lot... they were in the playoffs year after year and made it to the finals multiple times. A lot more than Marbury can boast.
holfresh

2/11/2006  9:58 PM
So they didnt win didn't win it all did they?....Two all time greats on the same team for over 10 years playing together...Also, I doubt those player are boasting about how many playoff games they have won when they meet in their circles....It's all about how many rings you have....Not playoff victories....You are a Knick fan right...You must feel great that Patrick took us to the playoffs for many years and never won anything...U must be feeling really good about that now...huh....
mythfaze
Member: #106
2/11/2006  10:05 PM
Posted by holfresh:

So they didnt win didn't win it all did they?....Two all time greats on the same team for over 10 years playing together...Also, I doubt those player are boasting about how many playoff games they have won when they meet in their circles....It's all about how many rings you have....Not playoff victories....You are a Knick fan right...You must feel great that Patrick took us to the playoffs for many years and never won anything...U must be feeling really good about that now...huh....

Uh... yeah, that would be correct.

I do feel great about the Ewing teams. Granted they never won a championship, which is the ultimate goal, but they were tough, played excellent defense, had heart, passion, hustle, always brought it and left it on the floor, were a team others were not looking forward to playing. Watching them was exciting and satisfying. Wish they had made it, but I appreciate what they brought and what they did accomplish.

And as for Stockton and Malone, I'm pretty sure they accomplished a whole lot more (even without the rings) than the scrubs who got no burn on championship teams are.
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
2/11/2006  10:07 PM
Marbury was the idiot who left KG in Minnesota, he can never complain about not getting the chance to play with an All-Star.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
holfresh

2/11/2006  10:12 PM
Posted by Knight:

Marbury was the idiot who left KG in Minnesota, he can never complain about not getting the chance to play with an All-Star.

He isn't the one complaining...I am...My point is that he cannot be judge as winning anything because he has never had a team with the potential to win anything....Thats it...If he played along 2 allstars and didn't get anywhere then you can talk...but when he is always the best player on the team then you blame him for not winning, your agrument looks empty....You just end up looking like a hater...

[Edited by - holfresh on 02-11-2006 10:13 PM]
OldFan
Member: #446
2/11/2006  10:14 PM
Posted by holfresh:

So the company you work for is the very best in it's field? And you're the tops in your field? And if you're not you're not better then the worst company or the worst person in you're field. Yes Stockton and Malone have had better careers then Marbury because they kept a team competitive over a long period of time - even though they never won.

Yes I enjoyed the Ewings years a lot. Not as much as winning it all but yeah I feel good about that era it was a lot of fun to have a team that was in the running.

holfresh

2/11/2006  10:34 PM
Posted by OldFan:
Posted by holfresh:

So the company you work for is the very best in it's field? And you're the tops in your field? And if you're not you're not better then the worst company or the worst person in you're field. Yes Stockton and Malone have had better careers then Marbury because they kept a team competitive over a long period of time - even though they never won.

Yes I enjoyed the Ewings years a lot. Not as much as winning it all but yeah I feel good about that era it was a lot of fun to have a team that was in the running.

My point is this gentlemen, I guessing we are mostly men not women, that Steph cannot be judged as not winning anything because he has not been on that type of team good enough to win...If you going to look at Steph and say he hasn't won anything then we can include guys like Stockton, Malone,Ewing...Also, when those guys are in their circles, do you think they brag about how many playoffs games they won or how many champoinships???

McK1
2/11/2006  10:35 PM
Posted by OldFan:

game, set, and match
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/11/2006  10:38 PM
Say what?

>the Anucha Browne thing has yet to be settled.

So mcK1 - in your opinion, the only reason Isiah HAS a job is because a former employee has accused him of harrassment?

It MUST be a great country to collect a check for doing nothing

once a knick always a knick
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/11/2006  10:45 PM
It AIN'T What It Is Just Because YOU Think That's What It Is

b) Lurch = big stiff. Frye has a similar gait. It is what it is.

Wrong.mcK1 - a simliar gait to a character on a television show who plays a plodding and slow-talking butler?

I don't think so. Frye is as intelligent as they come. His grandad was a Tuskeegee Airman. You can't have any more courgeous and disciplined bloodlines than that. hHe is cut from solid parental stock and is a solid-gold citizen.

You DARE label Frye a big stiff?

If the draft we re-held today, 6'11 Frye would be a top five pick

He will only get better
once a knick always a knick
McK1
2/11/2006  11:38 PM
Posted by misterearl:

Say what?

>the Anucha Browne thing has yet to be settled.

So mcK1 - in your opinion, the only reason Isiah HAS a job is because a former employee has accused him of harrassment?

It MUST be a great country to collect a check for doing nothing

God Bless America
Building A Team

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy