[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Building A Team
Author Thread
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
2/11/2006  7:04 PM
I know alot of fans love our young players but my thinking is that the first thing you need to do when building a team is to find your future starting five. If you don't have your starting five in place then you make moves in order to find the player you need. As far as I'm concerned most of our players would be good role players, which you need, but keeping them should not take priority over finding a bona fide starter. Lee is not a starter. Nate is not a starter. Ariza is not a starter. Craw is not a starter. Q is not a starter. These are not the guys you put on a starting five that you want to build around. I know Lee and Nate are fan favorites but we have other bigger needs at this point. If Isiah moves any of these guys in order to potentially get a starter, I'm all for it.

[Edited by - knight on 02-11-2006 7:06 PM]
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
AUTOADVERT
McK1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #964
2/11/2006  7:12 PM
Lee is as much a starter as Frye. In many ways it makes sense to start Lee over Frye.

Lee is the better rebounder.

Lee is the better passer.

Lee has the better court sense.

Lee is the better open-court player.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
Knight
2/11/2006  7:18 PM
Posted by McK1:

Lee is as much a starter as Frye. In many ways it makes sense to start Lee over Frye.

Lee has no low post game, you need that from your power forward who is getting 35 minutes a game.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/11/2006  7:22 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by McK1:

Lee has no low post game, you need that from your power forward who is getting 35 minutes a game.

He played with his back to the basket in college.
McK1
2/11/2006  7:23 PM
Frye has no post game either. The bull**** turnaround he is trying out now will be getting thrown in a week or two.

Lee may not have a post game but he is ambedexterous so getting a shot off isn't a problem for him.

Plus we have fat Curry. Havin guys who can consistently get him the ball in great position is more important than a 6' 11 jumpshooter in the starting 5.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/11/2006  7:26 PM
i think we all may need to wait until the deadline before arguing over players. some of them may be gone within the next 2 weeks.

i mean, if lb gave isiah the list, then tmac and duncan should be on their way to ny soon...
McK1
2/11/2006  7:29 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

i think we all may need to wait until the deadline before arguing over players. some of them may be gone within the next 2 weeks.

I hope if its a choice between Lee and Frye, Lee stays.
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/11/2006  7:31 PM
Let's Not Get Carried Away mcK1

I like David Lee. Liked him since High School but let's strip away the emotion for a second:

>>Lee is the better rebounder.

Okay, I'll give you that, but Frye's game is a perineter-based one so he's father away from the hoop

>>Lee is the better passer.

The assists are equal with Lee at .8 per game and Frye at .9. In ten more minutes per game Channing has .8 more turnovers. Better passer? Based on what criteria?

>>Lee has the better court sense.

Are you saying Lee is smarter than Frye? Watch it.

>>Lee is the better open-court player.

Based on what?

Based on what I've seen they are about equal in that regard. They both have advanced the ball agianst token pressure.

once a knick always a knick
Knight
2/11/2006  7:38 PM
Lee is a solid player, that's it. He does nothing outstanding, he's a solid rebounder, can handle the ball a bit and is very athletic for a 4. But he is not an intimidating defender by any stretch of the imagination nor a serious offensive threat. In the NBA he'll get pushed around on most nights by other bigs.
Rich
USA
2/11/2006  7:39 PM
You can't give up the top pick in the draft because you wouldn't give up Lee and then trade him for Ratliff or some other player past his prime who makes Bill Gates seem underpaid.
McK1
2/11/2006  7:42 PM
Posted by misterearl:

Let's Not Get Carried Away mcK1

I like David Lee. Liked him since High School but let's strip away the emotion for a second:

>>Lee is the better rebounder.

Okay, I'll give you that, but Frye's game is a perineter-based one so he's father away from the hoop

>>Lee is the better passer.

The assists are equal with Lee at .8 per game and Frye at .9. In ten more minutes per game Channing has .8 more turnovers. Better passer? Based on what criteria?

>>Lee has the better court sense.

Are you saying Lee is smarter than Frye? Watch it.

>>Lee is the better open-court player.

Based on what?

Based on what I've seen they are about equal in that regard. They both have advanced the ball agianst token pressure.

put your race card away cowboy. Indie Arie sung a smash about men of my complexion. Its a basket-bll thing and if you can see no difference in Lee's court vision and court presence versus Channing, I suggest you junk the coke bottles and cop acuevue.
McK1
2/11/2006  7:45 PM
Posted by Rich:

You can't give up the top pick in the draft because you wouldn't give up Lee and then trade him for Ratliff or some other player past his prime who makes Bill Gates seem underpaid.

If its Ratliff and a no strings first, that puts NY right back in he hunt for Gay Splitter or Morrison. Take all 3 over Frye.
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/11/2006  7:49 PM
Posted by McK1:
Posted by djsunyc:

Put down the cool-aid and step away for a second....Lee over Frye based on what??? Look at the numbers....I hear in all trades for big name guys people want Frye...For Ron Artest it was Frye's name not Lee...In KG case, it was Frye...With Harrington, it was Frye....If you don't think this team is about Curry and Frye you are kidding yourself....Lee is not a starter in this league...not at the 3 or 4 positions...
Rich
USA
2/11/2006  7:53 PM
Posted by McK1:
Posted by Rich:

If its Ratliff and a no strings first, that puts NY right back in he hunt for Gay Splitter or Morrison. Take all 3 over Frye.

With what pick?
McK1
2/11/2006  7:54 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by McK1:
Posted by djsunyc:

Put down the cool-aid and step away for a second....Lee over Frye based on what??? Look at the numbers....I hear in all trades for big name guys people want Frye...For Ron Artest it was Frye's name not Lee...In KG case, it was Frye...With Harrington, it was Frye....If you don't think this team is about Curry and Frye you are kidding yourself....Lee is not a starter in this league...not at the 3 or 4 positions...

All media speculation. Speaking of speculating, there was a report recently Isiah offered Frye + filler for KMart and Denver said NAAAAW!

[Edited by - McK1 on 02-11-2006 7:54 PM]
McK1
2/11/2006  7:55 PM
Posted by Rich:
Posted by McK1:
Posted by Rich:

With what pick?

If its Ratliff and a no string PORTLAND first
holfresh

2/11/2006  7:57 PM
Posted by McK1:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by McK1:
Posted by djsunyc:

All media speculation. Speaking of speculating, there was a report recently Isiah offered Frye + filler for KMart and Denver said NAAAAW!

Right, He would do a deal like that for KMart who is hurt and not KG earlier in the season...OK that make sense now...
holfresh

2/11/2006  7:58 PM
The report said that is was New York who declined the trade...But even if it's speculation, why aren't everyone talking about Lee if he is more diserable?
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/11/2006  8:01 PM
McK1 - where did I mention race?

Give it a rest slick

Why are you so quick to fall back on unrelated discussion when you don't have empirical proof to back up your opinion?
once a knick always a knick
McK1
2/11/2006  8:01 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by McK1:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by McK1:
Posted by djsunyc:

Right, He would do a deal like that for KMart who is hurt and not KG earlier in the season...OK that make sense now...

when did Minnessota ever offer KG
Building A Team

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy