[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Bring back Ewing!
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/3/2002  11:25 AM
Bottom line Patrick ewing is BETTER than Mike Doleac and if he negotiaties a buyout we can sign him for less than half of what doleac is trying to get on a yearly basis. I want no part in Mike Doleac and while Patrick is slower than a mule there is no doubting that he can bring much more to the table in 15-18 mts a game than can Doleac. In 12 mts a game he averaged 6 points 4 rebounds and 1 block and was still a presense. Phsically he probably hit a spot[like we all do] in his upper 30 where he will be able to perform what he can do now[the 6-4 in 15]for awhile like Kareem did. Its not the old Patrick but it really is a smart fix. Chaney may want a running team but this team really is not built on that style. Our 1-2 guards are to slow. Bringing back patrick maes sense. he may flop here and there but there is no doubt he can be effective clogging the lane and making some plays for 15 mts on both sides of the ball. every time I watched Pat on TV I felt that he was effective in small minutes. Thats all we need is a player who wil come in and give us 15 mts off the bench make 2-3 shots pull some rebounds down and play inside. I would like to see patrick close out his career as a Knick.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
8/3/2002  12:52 PM
That'd be great if they signed Ewing, but isn't he still under contract with Orlando? It makes no sense to trade for him, though.
#Knickstaps
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
8/3/2002  3:09 PM
Well if Orlando would include Steven Hunter, that would be two centers for the price of..Othella perhaps?

PE is still signed for 2.something mil this season and it seems Orlando wants him to retire but PE isn't too sure about what he wants to do, in come the Knicks who can do right karma wise and retire PE a knick. Orlando must sweeten the trade though, Mario Kasun or Steven Hunter would be nice right?
Fordy74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #51
USA
8/3/2002  4:26 PM
I would love to see PE finish his career as a Knick. I think after the warm welcome he got when he 1st came back as a Sonic and the warm ovations he got when he played with Orlando when people thought it may be his last game at the garden might make Patrick want to come back and finish out his illustrious career in NY where he belongs. I would love to get Steven Hunter as well in a package deal. Start Hunter and play him more minutes and Ewing can be the backup for lik 10-15 mins. Get on it Layden!!
nwny
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #284
8/4/2002  11:44 PM
Hmm, nice idea , but I read that Pat is having trouble with his shooting hand again. It may need surgey, again. He may not be able to give 6 and 4. Then what?
Bring back Ewing!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy