[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: How about an update on my bum knee?
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/11/2006  3:17 PM

Its been 10 months since my surgery.....I'll keep it short.

- I'm not experiencing any cronic pain in the knee except when it rains/snows. As early as last month I was still getting cronic pain. Didn't matter if I was standing, walking, sitting, or laying down. Thank God that's over.

- The strength is almost even in both legs. It's all about strength training. I get mild sorness but in the surrounding area, not in the joint.

- I decided to go on a diet and step up my training in November. Since then I went from 205lbs to 185lbs. I'm trying to get around 175lbs and just continue to get stronger all around. I'm doing well. I could do alot better. I'm kinda obsessed.

- I haven't ran yet. I have chased my speedy son a few times with no pain. I still can't catch him but it's cool to move that fast again. I try not to push it. I'm gonna start running as part of my routine in March hopefully.

That's it.......Hope that was a good read. I have learned alot about how the body works and stuff. My girl is a believer now since I lost so much weight. I got her in the gym now.

I'm a basketball head. I just need to get on the court. It's in my blood. I really can't explain it. It's not like I was ever an all world talent. I just love the game.

Oh yeah.....
Brooklyn!!!!

lol....I like that....this will be the last time ok M&A?

[Edited by - enyspree on 02-11-2006 3:27 PM]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/11/2006  3:22 PM
Nice. I think sometimes we all don't give it second thought when an athlete comes back like 10 months after they tear an ACL. But it really requires major effort, discipline and work to come back. It's impressive that you put that kind of time in. Good stuff.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/11/2006  3:46 PM
remember ACL is stability. do some light jogging if you want, but the best thing to build up that quad is biking. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give it at least a year (I would say 18 months) before you test the lateral strength. No cutting, no suicides or anything like that.

I'm lucky playing CF all my running is pretty much straight lines. Even in the bases your turns are wide and its my inside leg anyway.

Main thing is your young so taking it slow is so worth it.

Good to hear your feeling stronger my bother from another mother.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
OT: How about an update on my bum knee?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy