[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

props to jackie butler
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/11/2006  1:29 PM
he cant play defense worth a lick and he plods a bit, but that cat has nice touch around the rim. he's a definite cheap keeper. he has more polish around the basket than any of the yoots including Frye.

he's like a poor mans[well very poor man moses malone] hes got nice length, solid natural power and a very nice touch. hes a keper, but he does look to be a bit strange
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
SlimPack
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1009
USA
2/11/2006  1:34 PM
I want to see him start over curry next game, Im just curious to see what would happen.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/11/2006  1:35 PM
He needs to add muscle.
DarkKnicks
Member: #882
Spain
2/11/2006  1:42 PM
I like him. He is certainly doing better than Big James.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/11/2006  1:45 PM
He needs game experience to gain an extra step of quickness. And obviously he could lose some baby fat.

But he's shown some freakish shot blocking instincts at times. The kid has touch, and I've seen him step out and hit a few J's at times year. He's what, 19? I dont think you can use this kid as a throw in, and I've said that all year.
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/11/2006  2:18 PM
Posted by SlimPack:

I want to see him start over curry next game, Im just curious to see what would happen.

We will still lose!
holfresh

2/11/2006  2:22 PM
Posted by VDesai:

He needs game experience to gain an extra step of quickness. And obviously he could lose some baby fat.

But he's shown some freakish shot blocking instincts at times. The kid has touch, and I've seen him step out and hit a few J's at times year. He's what, 19? I dont think you can use this kid as a throw in, and I've said that all year.

Please just stop...game experience to gain extra quickness???...baby fat?? huh??...

Don't make me start ripping Jackie's game to shred here in this post....I like the guy,
but please don't get carried away with this love for Jackie.....
BigC
Member: #829
2/11/2006  2:22 PM
Butler is like having another Sweetney on the team. Somestimes he looks good, then others times you feel like puting him in a cab to get the hell out of town.
BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/11/2006  2:34 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by VDesai:

Please just stop...game experience to gain extra quickness???...baby fat?? huh??...

Don't make me start ripping Jackie's game to shred here in this post....I like the guy,
but please don't get carried away with this love for Jackie.....

What don't you understand. IF you play more basketball, you're instincts are better and you know which positions to get to and how to get there. It also helps your stamina, which in turn, increases the time on the floor where you can play at your peak ability. With this improved timing, you have better game quickness.

For a young kid who's not int he best shape, and hasn't played the most basketball, all this is important. The more the play the game, the more the game starts to slow down for them.
holfresh

2/11/2006  2:56 PM
You can't improve quickness...It's either you have it or you don't...Jackie cannot play defense at this level...Jackie cannot stay with anyone...Jackie cannot jump...Jackie cannot run....Jackie plays like his knees are tied together...once last night Aaron Williams put the ball on the floor ran by Jackie for a layup ...Frye was defending someone else came over to help the fouled Williams..He was in better defensive position than Jackie was.....Slow down please with more mins for Jackie Brown..Please...
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
2/11/2006  2:59 PM
The difference between Jackie and Sweetney and Curry, is that Jackie is just 20 years old. Can he be better than Sweetney in 5 years? Very likely at th is rate. I fear he'll be sent to Portland in a trade though. We would have benefitted some by using the D-league for guys like Ariza, N8, Butler and even Lee when he wasn't playing early in the season. THese guys need tpo polish their skillz before hitting ol' broadway.
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/11/2006  3:01 PM
Jackie *dominated* the CBA. What's the point in saying him to the NBDL?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/11/2006  3:07 PM
Posted by holfresh:

You can't improve quickness...It's either you have it or you don't...Jackie cannot play defense at this level...Jackie cannot stay with anyone...Jackie cannot jump...Jackie cannot run....Jackie plays like his knees are tied together...once last night Aaron Williams put the ball on the floor ran by Jackie for a layup ...Frye was defending someone else came over to help the fouled Williams..He was in better defensive position than Jackie was.....Slow down please with more mins for Jackie Brown..Please...

You have to be kidding me, anyone can get quicker he wont be ben wallace, but he can train to get his body to move faster. lower body fat increase core strength etc.... hes only 20 for goodness sakes
RIP Crushalot😞
holfresh

2/11/2006  3:28 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by holfresh:

You have to be kidding me, anyone can get quicker he wont be ben wallace, but he can train to get his body to move faster. lower body fat increase core strength etc.... hes only 20 for goodness sakes

That is my point...He is 20 and there is no sign of an athlete in that body...Bro, he can't run..How do you teach that at this age...JJ has more quickness...JJ runs better..JJ defends better..and you know we are all down on JJ...They are so many issues with this team..Lets not think that Jackie Brown is the answer...Please!!!
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/11/2006  3:37 PM
Posted by holfresh:

And there's more to quickness than physical abilities- you've got the mental part of the game to know where a player is likely to go.

Its like riding a bike- do you think these x-games types started out at age 7 being experts- no, they get better all the time with doing.
holfresh

2/11/2006  3:45 PM
Say what you guys want...Jackie Butler is not the asnwer!!!
holfresh

2/11/2006  3:47 PM
Not even for backup center
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/11/2006  4:01 PM
Posted by holfresh:

who said he was the answer?

All Briggs is saying is that he is a nice, cheap player to have on the roster.
holfresh

2/11/2006  5:42 PM
Posted by franco12:
Posted by holfresh:

who said he was the answer?

All Briggs is saying is that he is a nice, cheap player to have on the roster.

There are people in here saying they want to see him start over Curry....Give me a break..
props to jackie butler

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy