Brown Calls Out Curry
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
2/11/2006  4:42 PM
Posted by holfresh:

Kam 77, I just wish I shared your optimism....I just think these kids have quit on Brown...That tactic workd on yesterday's players...not todays..they are getting paid anyway...Anyway you slice it,even without Marbs...This is not a 14 win team....They don't believe in Larry bro....

The kids haven't quit, I don't think. I think the whole team just freezes up when the opponent makes a run and thinks they're going to lose. A coach can do a lot (like set a lineup), but he can't give his players confidence, only wins can do that.

As for the people complaining about Curry's rebounds, we've been over this. His rebound rate (a stat that equalizes for minutes played and pace of game and rebounds available) is around 40th in the league. Not great, but right next to Bosh, Nowitzki and Odom.
¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
2/11/2006  5:18 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by ultknicks524:
Posted by Bobby:

any real knick fan knew curry was project in work....

Project in work? Mother****er is in his 5th year and he is still averaging 6 rebounds a game. Give me a damn break. Curry is garbage.

Just because he averages 6 rebounds a game right now doesn't mean he is totally garbage. Yes, he needs to improve and can improve--don't you think he has the potential to easily grab a couple more boards a game?

and maybe that's why larry brown is his coach

"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
2/11/2006  5:51 PM
most good coaches taking over a team have some kind of positive effect regardless of the available talent......so far this year knick fans can bask in a 6 game winning streak while rude mediocrity mongers convince other fans to shut up.

well, if the heat in the kitchen is too hot...get the f***out
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
2/11/2006  5:53 PM
Posted by Bobby:

most good coaches taking over a team have some kind of positive effect regardless of the available talent......so far this year knick fans can bask in a 6 game winning streak while rude mediocrity mongers convince other fans to shut up.

LB didn't take over a team, he took over a bunch of players under contract by the Knicks.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/11/2006  6:03 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by Bobby:

LB didn't take over a team, he took over a bunch of players under contract by the Knicks.

Amen!

Curry can't play 35 min effective. Nor Frye. These guys get pulled cuz they gassed. ONe cannot assume they would continue to produce when gassed.
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/11/2006  6:11 PM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by Knight:
Posted by Bobby:

Amen!

Curry can't play 35 min effective. Nor Frye. These guys get pulled cuz they gassed. ONe cannot assume they would continue to produce when gassed.

You are assuming that is the case....Let the guy play inot shape...the Knicks are 14-35...Plyaing the guy 15 to 30 mins a game..you are saying he can't play 5 more minutes because he is tired...yeah right....Frye should be getting 30 mins a game...
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/11/2006  7:43 PM
Curry goes through the motions on defense its sad
FireIsiah
Member: #1029

2/11/2006  9:47 PM
He's a bum!! He has no heart, no defense, no rebounding and not even a hook shot from 5 feet. Bulls didn't even want this guy and the robbed us in the long run for 2 lottery picks.
I want to leave something that's going to stand for a long timeI want to leave a legacy,I want to leave tradition.I want to leave an imprint,a blueprint in terms of how people play,and how they coach and how they respond when they put on the Knick uni.
holfresh

2/11/2006  9:49 PM
Posted by FireIsiah:

He's a bum!! He has no heart, no defense, no rebounding and not even a hook shot from 5 feet. Bulls didn't even want this guy and the robbed us in the long run for 2 lottery picks.

2 lottery picks?
OldFan
Member: #446
2/11/2006  9:57 PM
Posted by holfresh:

Kam 77, I just wish I shared your optimism....I just think these kids have quit on Brown...That tactic workd on yesterday's players...not todays..they are getting paid anyway...Anyway you slice it,even without Marbs...This is not a 14 win team....They don't believe in Larry bro....

Why isn't it a 14 win team? Before Brown coached these guys which one was a good defender? Which one was tough? Which one was a leader? Which one could you count on to get a key rebound? I'm dissappointed that Brown hasn't been able to make these guys better quicker - but these players didn't show any of the necessary attributes to win when they were playing for other coaches either.

holfresh

2/11/2006  10:02 PM
Posted by OldFan:
Posted by holfresh:

Why isn't it a 14 win team? Before Brown coached these guys which one was a good defender? Which one was tough? Which one was a leader? Which one could you count on to get a key rebound? I'm dissappointed that Brown hasn't been able to make these guys better quicker - but these players didn't show any of the necessary attributes to win when they were playing for other coaches either.

Well there are better talent here at the moment than in previous years...We were able to make the playoffs...we were routed in the first round but thye won enough games to get there...U tell me with young talent like this and a hall a fame coach the Knicks would be 14-35, I'll say you are nuts....

MX25
Member: #555
USA
2/11/2006  10:14 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by FireIsiah:

2 lottery picks?

The 2 picks we gave bulls are more likely to be lottery picks than not.

holfresh

2/11/2006  10:29 PM
So the Knicks will be lottery bound again next season as well?
Brown Calls Out Curry

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy