[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Brown Calls Out Curry
Author Thread
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
2/11/2006  1:48 AM
Shortly after the Knicks' 111-100 loss to the Hornets, Brown came into the locker room and quietly got in Eddy Curry's face in full view of reporters in an unmistakably stern tone, basically ripping the 6-11 center for the Knicks' recent losing streak.

Curry would not comment on the specifics of the lecture, but a person whom he spoke to said the frustrated coach held Curry responsible for the Knicks' lack of defensive toughness, shot-blocking and rebounding over their recent streak in which they have lost a season-high eight in a row and 14 out of 15.

Curry sat quietly in his chair like a student being punished, nodding as Brown stood over him and spoke.

The person said that Brown insisted Curry improve immediately.

"It's everybody," the person said. "It's not any one guy's fault."

Just before boarding the bus for the trip to the airport, Curry was asked what happened in the impromptu meeting, but declined to give details.

"We just had a talk like all players and coaches do," Curry said as he walked briskly. "I'm going to do my best to help the team and learn from Coach."

http://www.nj.com/knicks/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/113963700980740.xml&coll=1
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
AUTOADVERT
MX25
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #555
USA
2/11/2006  2:13 AM
Curry is a big waste of space. I don't wanna hear about how great he could be. I've heard it all the time about what guys should be able to do and what they actually do. He's been in league 5 years and he's still avg's about the same over last 3 years. His Defense is terrible. He can't block shots and has no moves in post without using his body and that gets him in foul trouble cause all he does is run into guys.

Curry can be an avg center. He won't be Shaq.
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/11/2006  2:16 AM
Thats right Brown, Steph isn't there, so now it's Curry's fault.....
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
2/11/2006  2:19 AM
wow....guess we cant hang this one on starbury

any real knick fan knew curry was project in work......brown should get with the program, that's
why you hire one of the best
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
2/11/2006  2:27 AM
Posted by holfresh:

blah blah blah. I blame Brown for everything. blah blah blah.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Caseloads
Member: #41
2/11/2006  12:15 PM
I think if these guys played a little free-er, it'd be better for them.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/11/2006  12:47 PM
Posted by holfresh:

The numbrs don't lie, and your own to eyes don't lie. In a league were true centers are as rear as buying a cd and ever single song is hot. Curry is listed as a top 5 center, there's no f..g way he should be averaging 5 rebounds a .2 blocks pg. Curry is straight up and down lazy, and thats why the bulls truley didn't give a hoot. they practicaly traded him for sweetney, and a 1st rd pick ( and back then the pick looked to be a late late 1st round)

Craws shot selection has improved a lot, but the players are thinking much to hard before they make there moves, shoot there shots, and they rotate on defense like a bunch of jack asses who are just learning how to play.

100 asst coaches, trade rumours, a difficult system, a hall a fame coach and gm, two lazy ass centers who are far out of shape, no true pg or back up, a new line up every other day, a young but talanted rookie corp, are super suspect at best at the sf positon, and not one single player on the roster who can play defense.

AND THE #1 problem...... No LEADERSHIP from 1 to 15 on the roster.
ES
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
2/11/2006  12:58 PM
Posted by holfresh:

yeah but you gotta admit, curry pretty much got outplayed by jackie butler last night, so its not like larry doesnt have a legitimate gripe with him.

[Edited by - slimpack on 02-11-2006 1:30 PM]
ultknicks524
Member: #889
2/11/2006  1:17 PM
Posted by Bobby:

any real knick fan knew curry was project in work....

Project in work? Mother****er is in his 5th year and he is still averaging 6 rebounds a game. Give me a damn break. Curry is garbage.
Knight
2/11/2006  1:36 PM
Posted by ultknicks524:
Posted by Bobby:

any real knick fan knew curry was project in work....

Project in work? Mother****er is in his 5th year and he is still averaging 6 rebounds a game. Give me a damn break. Curry is garbage.

Just because he averages 6 rebounds a game right now doesn't mean he is totally garbage. Yes, he needs to improve and can improve--don't you think he has the potential to easily grab a couple more boards a game?
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
BigC
Member: #829
2/11/2006  1:48 PM
Kmart avgs 6 rebs this year too. I think Cuury can play, however he had a bad night. The players that lost the game for us were at the guard position. Q and Jamal taking bad shots in the 4th quarter is the reason we lost.

We blame Curry many of the times, but we also have to surround him with players that know how to give him the ball and hit open shots. If our guards knew how to penerate better, scoring would be easier for Curry. Also our help defense is weak. Some teams don't even have a great shotblocker but because of great team defense they are able to win games. Look, Portland has Ratliff and exactly how many wins do they have?
BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
2/11/2006  2:00 PM
Posted by BigC:

Kmart avgs 6 rebs this year too. I think Cuury can play, however he had a bad night. The players that lost the game for us were at the guard position. Q and Jamal taking bad shots in the 4th quarter is the reason we lost.

We blame Curry many of the times, but we also have to surround him with players that know how to give him the ball and hit open shots. If our guards knew how to penerate better, scoring would be easier for Curry. Also our help defense is weak. Some teams don't even have a great shotblocker but because of great team defense they are able to win games. Look, Portland has Ratliff and exactly how many wins do they have?

its true that its not all curry's fault, but it is somewhat his fualt, his post moves are terrible, he has got to improve in them, but maybe I should just resign myself to the fact that he wont this season.
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
2/11/2006  2:10 PM
there's no f..g way he should be averaging 5 rebounds a .2 blocks pg.
I think you need a new calculater. Or you can get the correct stats at many web sites.
I do like the progress he's made in rebounding efficiency from prior years but he still has A LOT of work to go and does not have the toughness that I want in our frontcourt players.
holfresh

2/11/2006  2:35 PM
For those of you who didn't see the game and are posting....Curry and MoT were leading the Knicks last night in the first quarter...Curry had 8 points and MoT was 4-4 in the first qt....Larry pulled them just the end of the first quarter to rest them...The Knicks had the lead...I'm cool with that....MoT did not see any playing time in the second qt and Curry was inserted at the 3:36 mark of the second qt.....He started the second half and pulled at the 6 min period....Then reentered the game in the 4th qt...which is where he struggled......Larry get a damn consistant rotation..This kid should be playing 35-38 mins of consistant ball....Larry is jerking his chain...He played what 28-29 mins and it's his fault....Come on...MoT started out great and only played 15 mins....But it's on Curry's shoulder....
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/11/2006  2:39 PM
Curry is just taking his turn. Brown will call out everyone at some point.
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

2/11/2006  2:47 PM
It all begins with the horrible perimeter defense. Its like dominoes. Guards constantly break down our poorest perimeter D (If you can all it D) forcing our Bigs (Curry, Mo T, Frye) to rotate and help.

Its been drilled in Curry's head by Brown that he needs to block shots. So when Curry rotates, he leaping at everything, even if he doesn't have a chance to block it. This leaves him out of position for a rebound.

Also, Walt Frazier pointed out that Curry sometimes has positioning problems. When he boxes out for a Defensive rebound, he actually is standing under the basket, which would only alow him to grab the ball after its gone through the hoop.

"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
Knight
2/11/2006  2:48 PM
What Curry needs to realize is that he has the ability, even when he's not getting the ball, to dominate the paint. The guy is a bull and very athletic--if he can get a reverse alley-oop dunk he can start swatting shots and tear down more boards. The hard part for the team right now is that it's hard to see the upshot of doing all the little things when you don't think you can win the game. We need wins, if for nothing else then to boost the morale of our guys.
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
2/11/2006  2:54 PM
Brown is COACHING. What the hell are we telling him to get with the program for, i wish a bunch of us would just shiut the hell up and let LB coach the way HE coaches. LB was brought in here to make the team better over the course of two-three seasons. He's breaking them down right now before he can build them back up. Take some frikkin perspective on the team and on LB here.

What exactly is wrong with an old coach berating a young stud in order to light a fire under him. My prediction is Curry goes for 20/10 after this tongue lashing. The trick is we've got to keep him producing at that level.

[Edited by - kam77 on 02-11-2006 2:55 PM]
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
holfresh

2/11/2006  3:03 PM
Kam 77, I just wish I shared your optimism....I just think these kids have quit on Brown...That tactic workd on yesterday's players...not todays..they are getting paid anyway...Anyway you slice it,even without Marbs...This is not a 14 win team....They don't believe in Larry bro....
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
2/11/2006  4:18 PM
If that is the case, then I hope the Knicks trade every single malcontent. IS LB really the problem?? The players make the coach, and these players aint getting it done.
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
Brown Calls Out Curry

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy