[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

MSG TV News
Author Thread
nyvector16
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #130
USA
2/10/2006  6:43 PM
Certainly Yes had more viewership ultimately because the Nets are a winning team and we are not.
I don't claim anything to the contrary.
But it certainly helped YES that they had the HD broadcast and MSG did not.
Although most people currently don't have HD, those that do would most likely watch HD YES over non HD MSG.
Anyways,
as far as programming on Timewarber cable (what I have):
MSG broadcasts home games in HD.
Yes also broadcasts home games on HD (Yankees and Nets).
AUTOADVERT
ultknicks524
Member: #889
2/10/2006  7:13 PM
If I had a choice of watching Knicks games on Yes or MSG, I would pick Yes everytime. The broadcast on MSG is abysmal.

[Edited by - ultknicks524 on 02-10-2006 7:13 PM]
mythfaze
Member: #106
2/10/2006  7:21 PM
The tough player thing was also low scoring games where the knicks could rarely hold a lead! Those teams were tough, and defense minded, but lack of transition game on offense and throwing the ball into Ewing thing was not exactly the most entertaining game to watch some years.

The best thing about those teams wasn't necessarily the toughness or the defense (although personally I loved it), but the heart the players had. You never saw Ewing or Oak or Starks slacking off, looking complacent on the court. If our players played with half the heart we used to have, we'd (obviously) be in much better shape. The run and gun game is fun to watch and you get tons of highlight reels, but I think it's just as fun to see players laying it all out there on the court, putting everything they have into each play, offensively and defensively. And you can have both... good defense and toughness doesn't mean you sacrifice exciting offense. See: Pistons, Detriot (05-06)
Erniecat
Member: #851
2/10/2006  10:08 PM
Posted by mythfaze:
The tough player thing was also low scoring games where the knicks could rarely hold a lead! Those teams were tough, and defense minded, but lack of transition game on offense and throwing the ball into Ewing thing was not exactly the most entertaining game to watch some years.

The best thing about those teams wasn't necessarily the toughness or the defense (although personally I loved it), but the heart the players had. You never saw Ewing or Oak or Starks slacking off, looking complacent on the court. If our players played with half the heart we used to have, we'd (obviously) be in much better shape. The run and gun game is fun to watch and you get tons of highlight reels, but I think it's just as fun to see players laying it all out there on the court, putting everything they have into each play, offensively and defensively. And you can have both... good defense and toughness doesn't mean you sacrifice exciting offense. See: Pistons, Detriot (05-06)

Now I'm getting all verklempt. I had season tix from '92 till around 2000 (I dumped them as soon as I saw the ship sinking).

For most of those years, I can honestly say I cannot recall leaving the building feeling I had been ripped off (though I should say I did not go to every game, selling off many of the tickets). The effort was ALWAYS there. It was a given.

And while those teams were not gifted offensively, the real fans could not care less. The defense was inspiring at times, and a great, late-game defensive stand would rock the building as much as any fast-break dunk could. Those were magical times, title or no title. Say what you want about Riley, but he got every inch of talent out of those guys, and gave the fans a truly quality product almost every night.

MSG TV News

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy