[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

MSG TV News
Author Thread
sbensol74
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #795
USA
2/10/2006  8:55 AM
I got this news sent to me in an email. What do you think this means? Have Knicks fans totally given up or did people just choose YES over MSG to hear Marv call a Knickerbocker game once again?

The Nets v. Knicks game on Wednesday night aired twice in the New York DMA - once on the MSG Network, and simultaneously on the YES Network. This was the first time in a head-to-head matchup that YES out delivered MSG with 103,000 viewers over MSG's 86,000 viewers. In household ratings, the game on YES earned a 1.2 rating, while the MSG game delivered a .9, according to Nielsen Media Research numbers provided by YES.
clydesofly.com
AUTOADVERT
ultknicks524
Member: #889
2/10/2006  9:09 AM
Ian Eagle called that game not Marv.
sbensol74
USA
2/10/2006  9:16 AM
I was watching MSG

I guess fans have collectively given up.
clydesofly.com
ultknicks524
Member: #889
2/10/2006  9:29 AM
It may also have to do with the channel. I have watched the 2 Nets vs Knicks games on Yes and the broadcast looks significantly better. The broadcast on MSG looks so dull.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/10/2006  9:33 AM
League pass gave me YES. and it was Ian Eagle.

I miss Marv Albert. Warts and all.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/10/2006  9:36 AM
Posted by sbensol74:

I was watching MSG

i watch every Knick game or tape it if I cant be home no matter the record, so here is my take. Except for true die-hards, this team is not appealing. Number 1 they collectively stink, worst Knick team in my years that I can remember. No one wants to watch fat arses like Jerome James and Mo Taylor, no one wants to watch chuckers like Crawford and q shoot 30% Eddy Curry getting 2 fouls in 4 minutes has become boring, the luster that Frye had has diminished considerably over a long period of games. The one guy that does have appeal David Lee, doesnt even play--to many mixed messages we are not really rebuilding, although guys like ariza Lee et al should be getting time. If you add up the no heart--over rated talent, combined with the losing, mixed messages, lying from management, aesthetically poor-looking play--viewers are sending a message

Knicks fans are used to players like Oakley Starks Ewing Mason X man Sprewell Camby and Knicks management over the last 3-4 years have pretty much deviated from tougher players to flash-potential and the transition has been brutal and poorly done. I would say only David Lee shows anything resembling successful knick teams
RIP Crushalot😞
nykfryeway
Member: #1053

2/10/2006  9:38 AM
i watched yes but for a good reason, i wanted to see what thier announcers thought of us and our players. i did switch back and forth though
sbensol74
USA
2/10/2006  9:45 AM
I have noticed that MSG's non HD picture really does suck.

You would think a huge cable company like Cablevision would take some pride in their picture quality.

I have been asking a few of my friends and they all said they watched it on YES because of the picture.

I guess there's my answer.
clydesofly.com
BRIGGS
2/10/2006  9:49 AM
Posted by sbensol74:

I have noticed that MSG's non HD picture really does suck.

You would think a huge cable company like Cablevision would take some pride in their picture quality.

I have been asking a few of my friends and they all said they watched it on YES because of the picture.

I guess there's my answer.

My bet it has 0/100 to do with picture quality.
RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/10/2006  10:33 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by sbensol74:

I was watching MSG

i watch every Knick game or tape it if I cant be home no matter the record, so here is my take. Except for true die-hards, this team is not appealing. Number 1 they collectively stink, worst Knick team in my years that I can remember. No one wants to watch fat arses like Jerome James and Mo Taylor, no one wants to watch chuckers like Crawford and q shoot 30% Eddy Curry getting 2 fouls in 4 minutes has become boring, the luster that Frye had has diminished considerably over a long period of games. The one guy that does have appeal David Lee, doesnt even play--to many mixed messages we are not really rebuilding, although guys like ariza Lee et al should be getting time. If you add up the no heart--over rated talent, combined with the losing, mixed messages, lying from management, aesthetically poor-looking play--viewers are sending a message

Knicks fans are used to players like Oakley Starks Ewing Mason X man Sprewell Camby and Knicks management over the last 3-4 years have pretty much deviated from tougher players to flash-potential and the transition has been brutal and poorly done. I would say only David Lee shows anything resembling successful knick teams

The tough player thing was also low scoring games where the knicks could rarely hold a lead! Those teams were tough, and defense minded, but lack of transition game on offense and throwing the ball into Ewing thing was not exactly the most entertaining game to watch some years.

I realize we all tend to get down on things, but I thought prior to the last 10 games the team was making nice progress, especially Marbs! Even the losses were tight and the team seemed to be getting it.

Sure its been tough, and the average fan tuned out long ago.

I particually was encouraged against the nets with Eddie taking in passes and then kicking it around. Ball movement at times we interesting and effective!

All good teams start with defense. That fuel the offense! We are not getting the job done, and our turnovers are pathetic!

Jalen helps cuz he takes care of the ball. Craw and Nate are awful at it. One has to be traded!

Sonics should trade for them both. Think of the chuckles!

[Edited by - nalod on 02-10-2006 10:35 AM]
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/10/2006  10:39 AM
well, we won 6 games in a row with steph AND everyone else playing at a very high level on the offensive end. then we get blown out by toronto. was the toronto game just a blip? we'll never know as in another close game, steph gets hurt down the stretch. then we lose a close one b/c AD thinks he's superman. so now, no steph + no AD during our best stretch of the year. then steph comes back way too early and is ineffective and the tailspin begins.

were we starting to build something until the injury and suspension? we'll never know.

post all star break will tell alot about this team.
BRIGGS
2/10/2006  10:41 AM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by sbensol74:

I was watching MSG

The tough player thing was also low scoring games where the knicks could rarely hold a lead! Those teams were tough, and defense minded, but lack of transition game on offense and throwing the ball into Ewing thing was not exactly the most entertaining game to watch some years.

I realize we all tend to get down on things, but I thought prior to the last 10 games the team was making nice progress, especially Marbs! Even the losses were tight and the team seemed to be getting it.

Sure its been tough, and the average fan tuned out long ago.

I particually was encouraged against the nets with Eddie taking in passes and then kicking it around. Ball movement at times we interesting and effective!

All good teams start with defense. That fuel the offense! We are not getting the job done, and our turnovers are pathetic!

Jalen helps cuz he takes care of the ball. Craw and Nate are awful at it. One has to be traded!

Sonics should trade for them both. Think of the chuckles!

[Edited by - nalod on 02-10-2006 10:35 AM]

Its quite a dramatic change. A dozen years of the same style of hoop. Im not saying its wrong to transition, actually NBA rules favor an open style game, but the viewing audience isnt used to heartless players and over-rated talent. Ny Knicks were always over acheivers--less talent more production--we have done a complete 360. You are used to 110% and now you are seeing 75.

Yeah I think Nate or Crawford would be better off in Seattle. Nate is cheap and a fan favorite, so I can see something happening there.
RIP Crushalot😞
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/10/2006  10:45 AM
nate will be traded after the all star break. him being in the dunk contest and the rookie game wearing a knicks uniform will only boost him value. we HAVE to package nate WITH jerome - that may be the only way to move jerome off this team.

nate + jerome for reggie evans + fortson works.
BRIGGS
2/10/2006  10:45 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

well, we won 6 games in a row with steph AND everyone else playing at a very high level on the offensive end. then we get blown out by toronto. was the toronto game just a blip? we'll never know as in another close game, steph gets hurt down the stretch. then we lose a close one b/c AD thinks he's superman. so now, no steph + no AD during our best stretch of the year. then steph comes back way too early and is ineffective and the tailspin begins.

were we starting to build something until the injury and suspension? we'll never know.

post all star break will tell alot about this team.

winning streak had an under-belly of poor defense that was being covered up by a hot scoring run. Weve won 14 games this season, half were on that streak. I agree that jalen Rose can only help the team. but what does it mean, the guy is 33 and will have an ending contract next year--is he part of the club 2 years from now at 35?
RIP Crushalot😞
BajanKnickFan
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #936
USA
2/10/2006  10:57 AM
I was watching MSG
simrud
Member: #474
USA
2/10/2006  11:22 AM
I wasnt watching at all and I'm damn proud of it. Every time they show another disgusting Knicks game instead of a Ranger home game when the Knicks are on the road is pushing me futher and further away from rooting for this team. At least have some shame and give the awesome HARDWORKING Rangrers their due and show the good fing team playing. Fk the Knicks.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/10/2006  11:24 AM
leagu pass had Yes, so I watched YES, doesn't matter who is calling the game, the result is still the same.. An ugly product on the floor...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
2/10/2006  2:03 PM
Bottom line.
Yes had the game in High Definition.
MSG did not.

BRIGGS
2/10/2006  2:12 PM
[quote]
Posted by nyvector16:

Bottom line.
Yes had the game in High Definition.
MSG did not.

Baloney. You think 50,000 people really cared if a game is in HD? How about, the NJ Nets are in first place and the NY Knicks are in last place--thats what causes huge shifts in viewership. It's an absurd assumption.

Id bet that only 10% of those people have HDTVs if that, more like 2-3 %
RIP Crushalot😞
sbensol74
USA
2/10/2006  2:25 PM
Which cable system has HD YES?
clydesofly.com
MSG TV News

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy