[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If we get lottery pick from Denver--i.e 10-14---our number 1 target
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/9/2006  2:46 PM
Richard Roby --2 G Colarado

I have now seen him play parts of 4 games this year. He's only a sophmore but Im convinced that if he stayed another year, hed be a top 5 pick. Absolute PURE prototypical 2G with tremendous length and what impresed me last night was his defensive abilities. He would be a basektball version of a 5 tool player--he can shoot defend rebound has superior athletiscm and size for his position. hes young, but I dont see a better 2 guard prospect in that range in FA or in the draft at that area or below. Branden Rush will be above us and if there is a position of need--it HAS to be 2G--we need a guy who can shoot and play defense with size.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

2/9/2006  3:01 PM
Great call Briggs- I've been watching him alot lately as well. His body still has to fill out, he's extremely thin and right now wouldn't be able to take a hit going to the basket and still finish.

But he's a lights-out shooter.

I have to admitt, i was hit with a bombshell today, when I heard Brown appears to be calling the shots on roster movement. I have zero confidence in Browns player eveluation. Do You think Brown would pick a guy like Roby?
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
realhiphop
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #533
2/9/2006  3:02 PM
Is Rush even coming out this year? You see him as being a top 10 pick?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/9/2006  3:08 PM
I think SG and PG are our primary need positions. I like Roby, only seen him once, but I like his game.

I think this will be a draft like 04 and 05 where weird guys slip, so even if we're in the 20 range, we'll have a shot at some good guys. Granger, Warrick, Graham all really slipped last year.
¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
2/9/2006  4:40 PM
Posted by realhiphop:

Is Rush even coming out this year? You see him as being a top 10 pick?

I have Branden rush top 5

1 Morrison
2 Redick
3 Gay
4 Aldridge
5 Rush

IF, and that is a BIG IF IF we are LUCKY and we need LUCK IF Denver falls out of the lottery, I would do the same exact thing with this kid we did with Channing. If there is one thing IT did right, was the way he handled Channing Frye by guaranteeing him a pick. From what I have seen--in that 9-14 area--this is the BEST player available for a top need. this kid is a more athletic version of kelvin martin--that 6-7 G from sacremento--reminds me a little of a young Kerry Kittles with more upside. We have no one who can shoot the ball and we need to stay with longer armed players with excellent athletiscm. I dont see any other kid in this draft who has what he has after pick 5 from the 2G
RIP Crushalot😞
bigbeast

2/9/2006  4:48 PM
I love Rush as a player aswell and have been on him since last year. I don't know about top-five though. If Tyrus Thomas comes out, he's probably go before Rush as probably will Bargani/Italy.

Would love to see Rush drop to us at say 14, but unlikely.
BRIGGS
2/9/2006  4:54 PM
Posted by bigbeast:

I love Rush as a player aswell and have been on him since last year. I don't know about top-five though. If Tyrus Thomas comes out, he's probably go before Rush as probably will Bargani/Italy.

Would love to see Rush drop to us at say 14, but unlikely.

No way. Branden rush is a top 5 player. The sad part is we couldve had Branden Rush by simply offering to pick him at 30.
RIP Crushalot😞
MS
Member: #724
2/9/2006  4:55 PM
Reddick has been awesome this season but I just don't see a team using a top five pick on him.......and i don't think denvers pick is going to be in the lottery 18-20 is what we are looking at
realhiphop
Member: #533
2/9/2006  5:22 PM
Briggs,

What's your scouting report on Rush?
bigbeast

2/9/2006  5:35 PM
I don;t see Reddick in the top 5 either

top five:
Gay
Morrison
Aldridge
Tyrus Thomas
Bargani (kid from Italy whom Scouts seem to love/Rush
BRIGGS
2/9/2006  5:53 PM
Posted by realhiphop:

Briggs,

Paul Pierce

RIP Crushalot😞
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
2/9/2006  7:57 PM
LOL!!
Don't be surprised if we trade denver's pick sometime in the summer as part of a package deal.

Last week in one of the papers, they mentioned the knicks interested in Al harrington in the summer and might be willing to part with denver's pick along with a player from the team..
The Future. GO KNICKS!
Caseloads
Member: #41
2/9/2006  7:59 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by realhiphop:

Briggs,

Paul Pierce
Knickerbocker please!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/9/2006  8:01 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

I have now seen him play parts of 4 games this year. He's only a sophmore but Im convinced that if he stayed another year, hed be a top 5 pick. Absolute PURE prototypical 2G with tremendous length and what impresed me last night was his defensive abilities. He would be a basektball version of a 5 tool player--he can shoot defend rebound has superior athletiscm and size for his position. hes young, but I dont see a better 2 guard prospect in that range in FA or in the draft at that area or below. Branden Rush will be above us and if there is a position of need--it HAS to be 2G--we need a guy who can shoot and play defense with size.

According to NBADraft.net.....he is Kenyon Martins half-brother
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/9/2006  8:02 PM
Posted by MS:

Reddick has been awesome this season but I just don't see a team using a top five pick on him.......and i don't think denvers pick is going to be in the lottery 18-20 is what we are looking at
Grow some optimism! Den is only 1 game out of the 9th seed and actually tied in the loss column. Who knows how K-Mart's knees and the frequently injured Camby hold up for the rest of the season too
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/9/2006  8:17 PM
One thing we all know about the draft is nobody in the league knows what they are doing.....they are not drafting need or even the best player available.....

If Isiah is still around....we will pick a good player....sheet....the Knicks could even move up and pick up a "Top Player" if there even is one.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BRIGGS
2/9/2006  8:33 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

One thing we all know about the draft is nobody in the league knows what they are doing.....they are not drafting need or even the best player available.....

If Isiah is still around....we will pick a good player....sheet....the Knicks could even move up and pick up a "Top Player" if there even is one.

Jim Calhoun said on his show yesterday that Rudy Gay would be very similar to Shawn Marion with more offensive skills. Talked about how he was 19 and the things he has done in practice that no one has seen yet. Has just shown the beginning signs of superstardom. Better than any Uconn player at the same age. Best NBA prospect since 2003. Thats what he said.

Now JC is not really a homer and he is a top-notch talent evaluator. He wouldnt say it if he didnt mean it. Im gathering from what he saying that Gay is going to be an NBA superstar. He has indeed shown signs the last 4-5 games that I have watched. So --forgetting Morrison and Redick or anyone else that you may think will make a greta nbA player--its going to hurt us tremendously that we dont have that top 5 protection, especially top3.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
2/9/2006  8:36 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by BRIGGS:

According to NBADraft.net.....he is Kenyon Martins half-brother

he doesnt really look like kenyon, but he does have kenyon's springs, length and toughness from the 2g. thats funny and almost incredible if thats true, someone had some good genes
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
2/9/2006  8:43 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by realhiphop:

Briggs,

Paul Pierce
Knickerbocker please!

Unless you have seen him play I wouldnt laugh. Pierce did drop to 10, but I highly doubt Rush will. As far as skills---except for roughly 20 pounds, its the same exact player in college and Branden is just a freshmen.
RIP Crushalot😞
If we get lottery pick from Denver--i.e 10-14---our number 1 target

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy