[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dont blame Larry Brown
Author Thread
McK1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #964
2/11/2006  8:18 PM
Posted by jdub003:

What has he improved about this team? That is about the only point that can change my mind about him at this point. What has brown done for you?

he has brought to national attention just how flawed the **** players Isiah acquired are. It was easy to sell Lenny and Herb as the fall guys. Now the onus shifts back on the many mistake acquisitions and bad personnel judgements Isiah has made in his tenure. NY needed this. Dolan needed this. Isiah needed this. No more smoke and mirrors.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
AUTOADVERT
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/11/2006  8:28 PM
It was easy to sell Lenny and Herb as the fall guys.

McK1 - Herb was not a fall guy. He was the interim.guy and happens to still be on the payroll

once a knick always a knick
rojasmas
Member: #639
2/11/2006  8:29 PM
Yeah all the players are horrible. Didn't sound like it in the offseason from everyone on this forum. Don't understand why everyone defends LB like he is their father. He hasn't done a damn thing so far this year. Isiah's recruits are mixed but they aren't dreadful. The coach is as much to blame as the GM from where I sit. And I don't have an allegiance to either. Do you?
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
OldFan
Member: #446
2/11/2006  11:25 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by holfresh:

Ok Briggs, I get that...but explain this...Eddy curry and MoT leaves the game in the first quarter with the Knicks leading the game...Both playing well at the time, and both the reason the Knick have the lead at the time...MoT doesn't play in the second quarter and Curry comes back in with 3 mins left in the half....Curry look out of sync when he got back....Do we blame Isiah for this? or do we blame the coach? By the way, one of our better defenders, Ariza is wearing a suit tonight

eddy curry has a habit of playing for 4-6 minutes and disappearing. we are not privvy to his conditioning or his health, but isnt there just a bit of a red flag as to why eddy's production drops off so badly after the first 10 minutes or so played? Eddy played 30 minutes, that more than enough time to get something better than 2-9 from the floor against PJ Brown. How many more minutes is Curry going to play--i think 30-32 is his max

U can't look at the total minute like that...he sat on the bench about 20 mins of real time b4 being inserted in the game with 3 minutes to go....He was pulled from the game with 6 mins left in the third quarter....then bak in the game for most of the 4th quarter....He doesn't get a chance to get into rhythm...He is a big guy..Thats important...Curry should be playing 35-38 mins a game as shud Frye...But we talk about rookie conditioning...Which doesn't affect Chris Paul it seems...

What makes you think Curry can play 38 minutes a night? He can't even play defense when he only playing 25. Yeah, Curry sat 20 minutes - because he needs it. He doesn't have the stamina to play big minutes consistently. He's gotten off to a lot of hot starts - and even if he's left in the game cools off and stops producing. It's not like you're talking about a guy who has a reputation for consistency and LB is pulling him out and ruining his flow. This is a guy who is up and down like a yo-yo (except for his defense which pretty much always down.)

[Edited by - oldfan on 02-11-2006 11:26 PM]
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/11/2006  11:55 PM
Posted by OldFan:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by holfresh:

Ok Briggs, I get that...but explain this...Eddy curry and MoT leaves the game in the first quarter with the Knicks leading the game...Both playing well at the time, and both the reason the Knick have the lead at the time...MoT doesn't play in the second quarter and Curry comes back in with 3 mins left in the half....Curry look out of sync when he got back....Do we blame Isiah for this? or do we blame the coach? By the way, one of our better defenders, Ariza is wearing a suit tonight

eddy curry has a habit of playing for 4-6 minutes and disappearing. we are not privvy to his conditioning or his health, but isnt there just a bit of a red flag as to why eddy's production drops off so badly after the first 10 minutes or so played? Eddy played 30 minutes, that more than enough time to get something better than 2-9 from the floor against PJ Brown. How many more minutes is Curry going to play--i think 30-32 is his max

U can't look at the total minute like that...he sat on the bench about 20 mins of real time b4 being inserted in the game with 3 minutes to go....He was pulled from the game with 6 mins left in the third quarter....then bak in the game for most of the 4th quarter....He doesn't get a chance to get into rhythm...He is a big guy..Thats important...Curry should be playing 35-38 mins a game as shud Frye...But we talk about rookie conditioning...Which doesn't affect Chris Paul it seems...

What makes you think Curry can play 38 minutes a night? He can't even play defense when he only playing 25. Yeah, Curry sat 20 minutes - because he needs it. He doesn't have the stamina to play big minutes consistently. He's gotten off to a lot of hot starts - and even if he's left in the game cools off and stops producing. It's not like you're talking about a guy who has a reputation for consistency and LB is pulling him out and ruining his flow. This is a guy who is up and down like a yo-yo (except for his defense which pretty much always down.)

[Edited by - oldfan on 02-11-2006 11:26 PM]

Had to do the research...In games this year that Eddy has played over 30 mins...which there are 8..It's a little off the way the average games against the same teams..but Eddy has averaged 18.2 pts and 8.3 boards......So you think that he isn't ready to play 35-38 because Larry says so....
Great.....
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/12/2006  12:07 AM
Posted by nykshaknbake:

Briggs, I don't see how you can say it's not LBs fault at all. Citing his past doesn't cut it. With your logic one could say QRich has performed well in the past, so his horrible season is LBs fault. EVERYONE takes a pice of the blame pie in this one.
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by SlimPack:

[quote]Posted by holfresh:

Outcoached once again by Byron Scott.....If Larry is the great guru that everyone seems to think he is...Shouldn't he be able to coach a victory against a team like NO/OK missing it's best player??

you know at this point, my patience is gone, I want a coach that will coach to win, I dont think we are gaining anything from this, having said that Im not sure you can blame larry for not "coaching" the team to victory against the hornests, remember, this team is terrible so there's only so much any coach could do.

You know what I agree, a lot of me sprewing is just frustration....But my point is this...Don't tell me this guy is a all world coach...He is a good coach, thats it....He has too much rope to do what he likes....This town has given this guy keys to the city and now he can commit and crime and get away with it...Treat him like we treat anyone else...Hold him to high standards as well...Don't give him a pass...I don't care what he won elsewhere...He hasn't won anyting here...He disses players all the time, questioning their intelligence in the press....Enough of the BS from this guy..Coach!!!

the guy has gone to three of the last 5 finals and won one, gone 7 and 6 games in the others. the guys won an ncaa championship aba championship and has 2 losing seasons out of 30 years. I didnt think larry was a good fit for this team, but isiah paid him 5 yrs 50 mm isiah is the one who has made all the decisions about the players draft and coaches. hes the guy---you have to look at the decision maker--hes the one getting dolan to spend. pat riley had a couple of seasons with the heat where he won 20 something games--is pat riley a bad coach? or did his players sck? the players we have are over-rated and dont play hard enoug--thats why they have the worst record in the league. there is no miracle coach for this situation.

I didnt think Larry Brown was a good hire, but someone made the decision to give him 50mm$. That being said, LB has gone to the finals 3 out of the last 5 years. hes a big time winner--just like Pat Riley a couple of years ago, you put out a roster of dogs and not even the best can mold it into winners. This is the worst team in my lifetime --no doubt about it a putrid, pirse -poor team.

We may now be in a worse position because it seems as if we are prepared to let LB jettison young players. its a complete and utter melt down from every position, but ultimately the blame goes back to who put the coaches and players on the team.
RIP Crushalot😞
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/12/2006  12:09 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

I didnt think Larry Brown was a good hire, but someone made the decision to give him 50mm$. That being said, LB has gone to the finals 3 out of the last 5 years. hes a big time winner--just like Pat Riley a couple of years ago, you put out a roster of dogs and not even the best can mold it into winners. This is the worst team in my lifetime --no doubt about it a putrid, pirse -poor team.

We may now be in a worse position because it seems as if we are prepared to let LB jettison young players. its a complete and utter melt down from every position, but ultimately the blame goes back to who put the coaches and players on the team.

i've been watching bball and the knicks since 87. yes, this is the worst team i've ever seen.

only in ny can you bring in lb and the sh t hits the fan. but you know what, they deserve it. when you show blatant disregard to the money you throw out, you deserve to be desperate. you sleep in the bed you make...
Caseloads
Member: #41
2/12/2006  12:12 AM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by holfresh:

Briggs, I give in, right now, I would ship curry and craw out for Odom and your boy bynum and a bag of corn chips and thank god we escaped that one.....

Odom hasnt seemed amazing to me in LA and Bynum would get the Sprewell Treatment from LB.
Dont blame Larry Brown

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy