[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dont blame Larry Brown
Author Thread
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/10/2006  10:46 PM
Imagine how bad this team would be without Larry. Phew.
AUTOADVERT
Erniecat
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #851
2/10/2006  10:47 PM
Posted by Bobby:

all i know if this was chaney, lenny or herb that was coaching producing the same lousy winning results 90% of the fans on this forum would be calling for their job. instead larry brown gets a free ride because his "halo"

larry brown is probably countimg on smart knick fans such as you for such support

Exactly. Looking at it objectively, and not trying to bash Brown, I have to say that is exactly right.

Let's say the Knicks had hired Flip Saunders instead of Brown, and Saunders coached the team exactly the same way that Brown has. You think Saunders would be getting the same treatment if he was the one using 29 different lineups, and playing head games with the rookies by playing with their minutes? Give me a break. We would be saying that this is perhaps the worst coaching job ever. Period. And if this were Lenny, or Chaney, or Herb ... uh, boy ...

I know there are plenty of issues beyond the coaching with this team. But can anyone honestly say Brown is getting the most out of this team? Can anyone say Brown has done anything to help us? I don't see it at all. I wish I could say differently, but I can't.

Every time I think about the lack of playing time David Lee gets, I cringe and my blood pressure rises. For the life of me, I do not understand what is going on.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/10/2006  10:52 PM
Posted by holfresh:

Outcoached once again by Byron Scott.....If Larry is the great guru that everyone seems to think he is...Shouldn't he be able to coach a victory against a team like NO/OK missing it's best player??

we dont have the personell to stop people. this isnt lb's fault. he cant physically go on the court and stop offensive players. the knicks give up so many wide shots every game. its all about pride in locating your man and sticking with him. our players just cant do it, theyre soft slow and play with little passion. the team balance is awful.

The players are the guys accountable here. We dont have shot blokcers and our frontline D is putrid. we need 2-3 guys who can play D.
RIP Crushalot😞
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
2/10/2006  10:58 PM
Posted by holfresh:

Outcoached once again by Byron Scott.....If Larry is the great guru that everyone seems to think he is...Shouldn't he be able to coach a victory against a team like NO/OK missing it's best player??

you know at this point, my patience is gone, I want a coach that will coach to win, I dont think we are gaining anything from this. however, even having said that Im not sure you can blame larry for not "coaching" the team to victory against the hornests, one thing we all need to keep in mind is that this team is terrible, so there's only so much any coach could do.

[Edited by - slimpack on 02-10-2006 11:00 PM]
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/10/2006  11:00 PM
Ok Briggs, I get that...but explain this...Eddy curry and MoT leaves the game in the first quarter with the Knicks leading the game...Both playing well at the time, and both the reason the Knick have the lead at the time...MoT doesn't play in the second quarter and Curry comes back in with 3 mins left in the half....Curry look out of sync when he got back....Do we blame Isiah for this? or do we blame the coach? By the way, one of our better defenders, Ariza is wearing a suit tonight
SlimPack
USA
2/10/2006  11:06 PM
Posted by holfresh:

Ok Briggs, I get that...but explain this...Eddy curry and MoT leaves the game in the first quarter with the Knicks leading the game...Both playing well at the time, and both the reason the Knick have the lead at the time...MoT doesn't play in the second quarter and Curry comes back in with 3 mins left in the half....Curry look out of sync when he got back....Do we blame Isiah for this? or do we blame the coach? By the way, one of our better defenders, Ariza is wearing a suit tonight

curry could very well have been tired when he came out so we cant be too sure it was a irrational decision by brown there. Im not sure about mo, but as well as he was playing the team wasnt really passing him the ball that much anyway. Also I dont see how larry is to blame for curry being out of sync when he re enters the game, all players have to come out and then come back in at some point. and finally, ariza is an okay defender but remember he's not really all that good, to be honest I didnt see too much wrong with LB's rotations this game, but then again I didnt watch the game in its entirety so Im not in the best position to judge. with all the Sf's we now have Im not even sure who ariza would have played ahead of anyway. woods and lee are undeniably better, I suppose you could say rose but from what I have seen recently, he does a better job of defending his man better than ariza, and their offense is about the same, ariza cant keep his man ahead of him, he's just good at getting steals.

[Edited by - slimpack on 02-10-2006 11:07 PM]
holfresh

2/10/2006  11:07 PM
Posted by SlimPack:
Posted by holfresh:

you know at this point, my patience is gone, I want a coach that will coach to win, I dont think we are gaining anything from this, having said that Im not sure you can blame larry for not "coaching" the team to victory against the hornests, remember, this team is terrible so there's only so much any coach could do.

You know what I agree, a lot of me sprewing is just frustration....But my point is this...Don't tell me this guy is a all world coach...He is a good coach, thats it....He has too much rope to do what he likes....This town has given this guy keys to the city and now he can commit and crime and get away with it...Treat him like we treat anyone else...Hold him to high standards as well...Don't give him a pass...I don't care what he won elsewhere...He hasn't won anyting here...He disses players all the time, questioning their intelligence in the press....Enough of the BS from this guy..Coach!!!
BRIGGS
2/10/2006  11:11 PM
Posted by holfresh:

eddy curry has a habit of playing for 4-6 minutes and disappearing. we are not privvy to his conditioning or his health, but isnt there just a bit of a red flag as to why eddy's production drops off so badly after the first 10 minutes or so played? Eddy played 30 minutes, that more than enough time to get something better than 2-9 from the floor against PJ Brown. How many more minutes is Curry going to play--i think 30-32 is his max
RIP Crushalot😞
holfresh

2/10/2006  11:15 PM
Posted by SlimPack:
Posted by holfresh:

curry could very well have been tired when he came out so we cant be too sure it was a irrational decision by brown there. Im not sure about mo, but as well as he was playing the team wasnt really passing him the ball that much anyway. Also I dont see how larry is to blame for curry being out of sync when he re enters the game, all players have to come out and then come back in at some point. and finally, ariza is an okay defender but remember he's not really all that good, to be honest I didnt see too much wrong with LB's rotations this game, but then again I didnt watch the game in its entirety so Im not in the best position to judge. with all the Sf's we now have Im not even sure who ariza would have played ahead of anyway. woods and lee are undeniably better, I suppose you could say rose but from what I have seen recently, he does a better job of defending his man better than ariza, and their offense is about the same, ariza cant keep his man ahead of him, he's just good at getting steals.

[Edited by - slimpack on 02-10-2006 11:07 PM]

Ariza is the best perimeter defender the Knicks have....Lee cannot play the 3.....Lee cannot play the 3....Lee cannot play the 3.....He is a 4.....He cannot defend any 3 in this league...He gets killed when he defends 3's in this league...But my point in bringing up Ariza'a name is that we need his defence in the game...
BRIGGS
2/10/2006  11:18 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by SlimPack:
Posted by holfresh:

you know at this point, my patience is gone, I want a coach that will coach to win, I dont think we are gaining anything from this, having said that Im not sure you can blame larry for not "coaching" the team to victory against the hornests, remember, this team is terrible so there's only so much any coach could do.

You know what I agree, a lot of me sprewing is just frustration....But my point is this...Don't tell me this guy is a all world coach...He is a good coach, thats it....He has too much rope to do what he likes....This town has given this guy keys to the city and now he can commit and crime and get away with it...Treat him like we treat anyone else...Hold him to high standards as well...Don't give him a pass...I don't care what he won elsewhere...He hasn't won anyting here...He disses players all the time, questioning their intelligence in the press....Enough of the BS from this guy..Coach!!!

the guy has gone to three of the last 5 finals and won one, gone 7 and 6 games in the others. the guys won an ncaa championship aba championship and has 2 losing seasons out of 30 years. I didnt think larry was a good fit for this team, but isiah paid him 5 yrs 50 mm isiah is the one who has made all the decisions about the players draft and coaches. hes the guy---you have to look at the decision maker--hes the one getting dolan to spend. pat riley had a couple of seasons with the heat where he won 20 something games--is pat riley a bad coach? or did his players sck? the players we have are over-rated and dont play hard enoug--thats why they have the worst record in the league. there is no miracle coach for this situation.
RIP Crushalot😞
holfresh

2/10/2006  11:22 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by holfresh:

eddy curry has a habit of playing for 4-6 minutes and disappearing. we are not privvy to his conditioning or his health, but isnt there just a bit of a red flag as to why eddy's production drops off so badly after the first 10 minutes or so played? Eddy played 30 minutes, that more than enough time to get something better than 2-9 from the floor against PJ Brown. How many more minutes is Curry going to play--i think 30-32 is his max

U can't look at the total minute like that...he sat on the bench about 20 mins of real time b4 being inserted in the game with 3 minutes to go....He was pulled from the game with 6 mins left in the third quarter....then bak in the game for most of the 4th quarter....He doesn't get a chance to get into rhythm...He is a big guy..Thats important...Curry should be playing 35-38 mins a game as shud Frye...But we talk about rookie conditioning...Which doesn't affect Chris Paul it seems...
tkf
Member: #87
2/10/2006  11:22 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by holfresh:

Briggs, I give in, right now, I would ship curry and craw out for Odom and your boy bynum and a bag of corn chips and thank god we escaped that one.....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Rich
Member: #511
USA
2/10/2006  11:23 PM
Some coaches are very good at coaching very talented teams, but aren't good at coaching less talented teams.
holfresh

2/10/2006  11:29 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by SlimPack:
Posted by holfresh:

the guy has gone to three of the last 5 finals and won one, gone 7 and 6 games in the others. the guys won an ncaa championship aba championship and has 2 losing seasons out of 30 years. I didnt think larry was a good fit for this team, but isiah paid him 5 yrs 50 mm isiah is the one who has made all the decisions about the players draft and coaches. hes the guy---you have to look at the decision maker--hes the one getting dolan to spend. pat riley had a couple of seasons with the heat where he won 20 something games--is pat riley a bad coach? or did his players sck? the players we have are over-rated and dont play hard enoug--thats why they have the worst record in the league. there is no miracle coach for this situation.

He highjacked that team...Thats Carlilse's team...Sheed made the difference..a gift from Atlanta..They will win it this year without Larry...The Pistons were a 50 win team b4 Larry got there for 2 seasons and thats before Sheed and Price showed up and became impact players...
SlimPack
USA
2/10/2006  11:39 PM
Posted by Rich:

Some coaches are very good at coaching very talented teams, but aren't good at coaching less talented teams.

Im REALLY inclined to agree with the people who actually say that LB should be fired but marburys absense is sort of preventing me. I really wish I knew more about larry brown's history but I dont. I wish I was a spurs fan back when Lb coached them to a 21-61 record, and was a sixers fan when they went 31-51, and then actually got worse the next season when they went 28-54, so I could know exactly why those things happened but I wasnt, I dont know if it was injuries or LB's crazy coaching or what. but in any case as it stands now I hate the way larry has coached this team, Im starting to think that we would be better of now AND in the long run if we had a more offensive minded coach.

[Edited by - slimpack on 02-10-2006 11:40 PM]
holfresh

2/11/2006  12:07 AM
Posted by SlimPack:
Posted by Rich:

Im REALLY inclined to agree with the people who actually say that LB should be fired but marburys absense is sort of preventing me. I really wish I knew more about larry brown's history but I dont. I wish I was a spurs fan back when Lb coached them to a 21-61 record, and was a sixers fan when they went 31-51, and then actually got worse the next season when they went 28-54, so I could know exactly why those things happened but I wasnt, I dont know if it was injuries or LB's crazy coaching or what. but in any case as it stands now I hate the way larry has coached this team, Im starting to think that we would be better of now AND in the long run if we had a more offensive minded coach.

[Edited by - slimpack on 02-10-2006 11:40 PM]

You want to be patient and support the coach but it's the extra sh$t I can't take...The head games, blaming players in the media, calling them stupid then get on the radio and say I was just joking...not having a steady lineup,the inexplicable playing time he gives to guys like Malik Rose and AD when he was here. The lack of playing time for the rooks. The trying to aquire older slower players...Theres more too...
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
2/11/2006  1:11 AM
Posted by Erniecat:
Posted by Bobby:

all i know if this was chaney, lenny or herb that was coaching producing the same lousy winning results 90% of the fans on this forum would be calling for their job. instead larry brown gets a free ride because his "halo"

larry brown is probably countimg on smart knick fans such as you for such support

Exactly. Looking at it objectively, and not trying to bash Brown, I have to say that is exactly right.

Let's say the Knicks had hired Flip Saunders instead of Brown, and Saunders coached the team exactly the same way that Brown has. You think Saunders would be getting the same treatment if he was the one using 29 different lineups, and playing head games with the rookies by playing with their minutes? Give me a break. We would be saying that this is perhaps the worst coaching job ever. Period. And if this were Lenny, or Chaney, or Herb ... uh, boy ...

I know there are plenty of issues beyond the coaching with this team. But can anyone honestly say Brown is getting the most out of this team? Can anyone say Brown has done anything to help us? I don't see it at all. I wish I could say differently, but I can't.

Every time I think about the lack of playing time David Lee gets, I cringe and my blood pressure rises. For the life of me, I do not understand what is going on.

after the first 10 games of season i mentioned larry brown was rotating like preseason....has anything changed?

what has changed, and i hope you have noticed, is the starbury bashing. so many knick fans had the audacity to blame starbury's leadership while brown was feeding the media with the same smoke screen, and now that starbury is not playing, where does the real leadership lie

again the "halo" has fans bamboozled

"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
2/11/2006  11:41 AM
Briggs, I don't see how you can say it's not LBs fault at all. Citing his past doesn't cut it. With your logic one could say QRich has performed well in the past, so his horrible season is LBs fault. EVERYONE takes a pice of the blame pie in this one.
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by SlimPack:
Posted by holfresh:

[Edited by - nykshaknbake on 02-11-2006 11:44 AM]
jdub003
Member: #965
2/11/2006  4:18 PM
So now its Isaiahs fault that he hired Brown? A second ago he was a great coach, now Isaiah screwed up in hiring a bum. What does a coach do? It is his job to make the players better. To make them play, to make them defend. A great coach would take the strengths of a team and highlight them and find ways to minimize the weaknesses. From the sounds of it there are a couple of people on this board who would be better off coaching the knicks. At least then it would be for a courtside seat and a couple of hot dogs. If larry cant do anything about it give the 50 mill back. If he is such a great coach what has he done to show it? What has he improved about this team? That is about the only point that can change my mind about him at this point. What has brown done for you?
rojasmas
Member: #639
2/11/2006  8:10 PM
Last post was a good one. What the hell are we paying millions for to LB if he can't make a so-so group at least average? This team has some talent.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
Dont blame Larry Brown

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy