[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dont blame Larry Brown
Author Thread
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

2/10/2006  12:55 AM
Posted by Allanfan20:

More talent than last year???? I am sorry, but it's pretty hard to beat the talent of the combo of Billups, Rip, Prince, Weed, Dyess and even Big Ben and Arroyo. Arroyo was a starter on Utah at times putting up real nice #s and he was on the bench on Detroit not getting nearly as much time. That's how good Detroit is and was and has been.

It this a Detroit Piston posting board or a New York Knicks posting board?????
AUTOADVERT
OldFan
Member: #446
2/10/2006  2:48 AM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by WOODMANnYk:
Posted by holfresh:

You can't go into battle with this guy...He doesn't have your back....Always blaming the next guy...Stabs you in the back everytime....No doubt....all for self....And here you are defending this guy....Who would you rather have in a Foxhole Isiah or Larry Brown...Brown will sell you out everytime!!!

But he's won championships in the college and professional ranks. NUff said!! what has Isaih done as coach/g.m/ pres??? NADA!!!

Nuff Said????.....The Knicks are 14-34...He's making 10 million usd per year....More talent than last year...Worse record than last yr ...Alot more can be said bro.....

More talent or more potential. Again theres is a big difference. Is Curry actually doing more then KT did last year - not even close - KT played better D, rebounded better and was more consistent. Was Marbs missing games last year? Has Q been able to provide more the TT (as bad as he was). Is Craw any better? As much as I like Frye at this point he has not shown the ability to play defense nor has Lee. Like I said there is not a defender on the whole team - how is that more talent. Maybe in a couple of years some of the potential will become useful talent but at this point it is not.

You can't really knock Brown without knocking Isiah - Isiah picked his own foxhole buddy.
DarkKnicks
Member: #882
Spain
2/10/2006  8:24 AM
OF COURSE I blame Larry Brown. Isiah Thomas is to blame for having hired Larry as a coach. Right, we don't play defense and our players have a low IQ. Well, that's Larry's job. Good coaches are considered good because they can adjust to the players they have and:
-WIN regardless of the roster you have.
-Improve the players.
It is OBVIOUS that Larry is failing because we all know (although Larry is fooling a lot of people) that this is not a 30 win team. Simple.
Isiah is to blame because everybody knows the Larry Brown style, so he should have not hired him, but that's it. Of course he has made a lot of mistakes, but right now, if we are 14-34 is NOT because of Isiah in my opinion.

[Edited by - DarkKnicks on 02-10-2006 08:25 AM]
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/10/2006  9:11 AM
Why the premium for assigning blame? The focus must be on estimating how bad it is and the likely way to improve.

If LB is saying its bout the next 3 years, then why panic?

LB only has these kids for 40 somptin games. Thats it. YOu fire a coach if he has an established team and loses their ears. What has any of these players done besides Malik Rose?

Larry knows what it takes to win, and he has yet to find it in this roster.

Now we either trade for it, or cultivate it.

misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/10/2006  9:34 AM
>Now we either trade for it, or cultivate it.

Thank you Nalod

Larry and Isiah are taling on a daily basis on how to fix things and that is a good thing.

The amateur GMs that run amuck with RealGM have no clue what goes on behind the scenes or what it takes to build a franchise from the ground up.

I've waited this long. I can wait some more.
once a knick always a knick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/10/2006  9:44 AM
Get out the oxen, irrigate the fields, and prepare for the long haul.

Funny, the very thing that makes us suck, and dread is the same thing impatient fans desire more of.

Steve Francis with Marbury is a disaster. Firing Larry means we would hire Herb. Not an upgrade. If one could undo the Eddie trade, there is no better player in college (big man) than Eddy. Even with his faults. WE just don't know the faults, or limitations of the bigs coming out in the draft. I have seen eddie do some stuff that blows my mind! Just not on a daily basis.

Playing the rookies into the ground will not help them as much as some think.

Im not saying Playing Malik helps either, but we don't have the answers any more than Larry and his 5 coach's do. IM sure we have less.

It sucks. Im starting to not like watching the games so I am tuning it out a bit more. I fast forward thru games as Its not worth it to see them lose, and the clown Nate laugh it up.

Im disgusted, and its just entertainment for fans.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/10/2006  9:46 AM
Posted by BasketballJones:

Don't blame Brown. Blame it on the rain.
[IMG_block] http://rangerecords.com/MILLI_VANILLI_2X2.jpg [/IMG_block]

good one
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
DarkKnicks
Member: #882
Spain
2/10/2006  9:48 AM
Posted by Nalod:

Why the premium for assigning blame? The focus must be on estimating how bad it is and the likely way to improve.

If LB is saying its bout the next 3 years, then why panic?

LB only has these kids for 40 somptin games. Thats it. YOu fire a coach if he has an established team and loses their ears. What has any of these players done besides Malik Rose?

Larry knows what it takes to win, and he has yet to find it in this roster.

Now we either trade for it, or cultivate it.
I'm not saying "fire Larry", I'm just saying its mainly his fault that we suck right now, not Isiah's.

"If LB is saying its bout the next 3 years, then why panic?"
If we trade Frye for Kenyon Martin this is gonna get ugly... but even if this is true that doesn't change the fact that Larry is not doing well so far.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
2/10/2006  10:47 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Isiah Thomas has gone through 3+ coaches[probably more GMs get 5 years for] and 20 +players in two years. It was executive mis-management from Day i, starting with the starphuck of Marbury yadyada and ending with the star fck hiring of Larry brown--why did this club need a 10mm a year 65YO coach anyway?--You know why, because we star-phucked--

this is ALL isiah's mess and it trickles up to Mills and Dolan. Larry Brown should have never been here in the first place. If they didnt think they were headed for the playoffs[year right] they couldve signed a normal guy for 1.5-2mm a year for 2-3 years. In fact, what is wrong with Don Chaney? his credentials were fine

I don't blame Larry. I blame you!
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
jdub003
Member: #965
2/10/2006  10:50 AM
Good coaches get players to play to their potential whatever that is, great coaches get teams to play beyond thier potential. I dont think larry has done either. The guy is getting older. Maybe he's not the brightest crayon in the box anymore. Detroit is winning without him, and he cant seem to put together a game plan to stop the knicks from getting blown out by the ass cheeze of the NBA.
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

2/10/2006  11:20 AM
Posted by Knight:

As Parcells once said, if you want me to be the cook at least allow me to shop for the groceries. Every good coach knows the kind of players needed to put together a good team.

Brown is too impulsive to let him shop for his own players. One day he loves a player, the next day he hates him. If it were soley up to brown, Billups wouldn't be in detroit right now, Iverson wouldn't be in Philly, and Miller would have been traded from Indy.
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
Swishfm3
Member: #392
2/10/2006  11:58 AM
This is a good thread with some good points.

Nalod's last post was on point.

my 2 complaints are that L.Brown knew what the roster and situation was before he signed. besides the rookies, he has seen all these players play in the past and should know what their capable of. weakness and strength....why all the line-up changes and confusion is beyond me.

my other complaint is with I.Thomas......I believe he had DID have a plan for this team. and that was to be a running athletic team a la Phoenix. The mistake he made was hiring Brown knowing that thats not the kind of style that brown is used to playing.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/10/2006  12:37 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Get out the oxen, irrigate the fields, and prepare for the long haul.

Funny, the very thing that makes us suck, and dread is the same thing impatient fans desire more of.

Steve Francis with Marbury is a disaster. Firing Larry means we would hire Herb. Not an upgrade. If one could undo the Eddie trade, there is no better player in college (big man) than Eddy. Even with his faults. WE just don't know the faults, or limitations of the bigs coming out in the draft. I have seen eddie do some stuff that blows my mind! Just not on a daily basis.

Playing the rookies into the ground will not help them as much as some think.

Im not saying Playing Malik helps either, but we don't have the answers any more than Larry and his 5 coach's do. IM sure we have less.

It sucks. Im starting to not like watching the games so I am tuning it out a bit more. I fast forward thru games as Its not worth it to see them lose, and the clown Nate laugh it up.

Im disgusted, and its just entertainment for fans.

Im not of the believe that Steve Francis would be a disaster. I don't think Jalen Rose is a disaster[he might be our franchise player right now] but the incredible professional talent upgrade from whatever is manning the 2 guard now to Steve Francis is miles and miles part. You start throwing jalen rose's with Steve Francis along with Marbury--yoour pro talent level goes way up. start adding a shot blocker here, a lenghty athletic guard there, perhaps a rough PF and improvements from frye curry lee and we can start talking.
RIP Crushalot😞
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
2/10/2006  12:54 PM
If we had Marbs, Stevie, Jalen, and Curry all starting on our team then nobody would have to worry about losing a lottery pick next year because we would be making the playoffs.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
2/10/2006  8:52 PM
all i know if this was chaney, lenny or herb that was coaching producing the same lousy winning results 90% of the fans on this forum would be calling for their job. instead larry brown gets a free ride because his "halo"

larry brown is probably countimg on smart knick fans such as you for such support
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
holfresh

2/10/2006  8:58 PM
Where is Curry and Mo Taylor the this game...They played well so Larry benched them
holfresh

2/10/2006  9:00 PM
Curry returns to the game with 3 mins left in the second quater
holfresh

2/10/2006  9:08 PM
How does Malik Rose get so much burn...some one please tell me
rojasmas
Member: #639
2/10/2006  10:21 PM
No one has told me yet how many games LB has won us this year due to his "genius." I am sure you can count them on one hand.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
holfresh

2/10/2006  10:41 PM
Outcoached once again by Byron Scott.....If Larry is the great guru that everyone seems to think he is...Shouldn't he be able to coach a victory against a team like NO/OK missing it's best player??
Dont blame Larry Brown

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy