[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dont blame Larry Brown
Author Thread
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
2/9/2006  11:11 PM

It's like they were scripting plays out there.

"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
AUTOADVERT
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/9/2006  11:12 PM
I think Frye, and maybe Lee, would play better if they got regular minutes, thereby enabling them to know their roles.

It's hard not to think that Larry has affected Frye's confidence level. He should start him instead of Taylor, and let him play 30 to 35 minutes per game, no matter what.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/9/2006  11:26 PM
Posted by martin:

[quote]Posted by BRIGGS:

Mo taylor wa sitting on Houstons IR as a roleplayer he wasnt a guy that can be counted on-

you want to the know a weird thing? I was surfing over to ClutchCity.net, home of the biggest (and best) Houston Rockets website out there, and saw a thread about how Houston fans hated the MoT deal and wish they could undo it or at least get some value out of it. I think they thought that NY got the better of the deal.

of course, we gave them vin baker and moochie norris. But the bottom line is he is a 10mm $ role player at this point who can have some good game from time to time. all fans complain, thats there job. You wouldnt believe the Uconn website---21-1 and there are more negative threads. If we were 28-15, I think things would be quite different---the negativity here is very warranted.
RIP Crushalot😞
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

2/9/2006  11:39 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by martin:

[quote]Posted by BRIGGS:

Mo taylor wa sitting on Houstons IR as a roleplayer he wasnt a guy that can be counted on-

you want to the know a weird thing? I was surfing over to ClutchCity.net, home of the biggest (and best) Houston Rockets website out there, and saw a thread about how Houston fans hated the MoT deal and wish they could undo it or at least get some value out of it. I think they thought that NY got the better of the deal.

of course, we gave them vin baker and moochie norris. But the bottom line is he is a 10mm $ role player at this point who can have some good game from time to time. all fans complain, thats there job. You wouldnt believe the Uconn website---21-1 and there are more negative threads. If we were 28-15, I think things would be quite different---the negativity here is very warranted.

Well if Larry Brown cannot be held accountable for the Knicks record, then why are they paying this guy 10 mio per year......U could get the same production from Herb...If coaching doesn't matter in other words, then why is Larry Brown on board.....
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/9/2006  11:42 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by martin:

[quote]Posted by BRIGGS:

Well if Larry Brown cannot be held accountable for the Knicks record, then why are they paying this guy 10 mio per year......U could get the same production from Herb...If coaching doesn't matter in other words, then why is Larry Brown on board.....

er, coaching DOES matter, but the players are the ones who do play.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/9/2006  11:46 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by martin:

[quote]Posted by BRIGGS:

i have this feeling that we're going to start to see the fruits of this labor after the trading deadline...
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/9/2006  11:50 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by martin:

[quote]Posted by BRIGGS:

It ain't about now. Be happy we ain't at least panicking. yet.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/9/2006  11:52 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by martin:

[quote]Posted by BRIGGS:

Larry Brown's teams has been to the finals 3 out of the last 5 years. He's barely had a losing season in his career. I think he gets benefit of the doubt here? You are right, you can get the same production out of Herb. No one is winning with this team, the guy is a coach, hes not sent from the heavans. Coaches can help a team get over the top, but its the players who play the games.
RIP Crushalot😞
holfresh

2/9/2006  11:52 PM
These are the facts....He is not getting the most out of the players....That's his job...Not Isiah's...They played better as a team earlier in the season....He kept tinkering with the line-up...One night some guy plays well and next night he doesnt play at all....I guess that's Isiah's fault as well...Give Larry a free pass...Make yourself feel better...

We all agree that this team has more talent than in recent years...Isiah has done part of his job..He has improved the talent, the athleticism, and the age of the core players....IN JUST 2 YEARS....Ball is now in Larry's court....What Larry done since he has been here to earn him a free pass....Not only that, he always questions the intelegence of the players in the press..Saying Ariza didn't spend enough time in college and he is delusional. Saying Marbs
is not smart cause he spent one year in college...What school did he go to..G Tech... Then on Mike and Madd Dog, he said he was just joking...Are you kidding me????
holfresh

2/9/2006  11:56 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by martin:

[quote]Posted by BRIGGS:

Larry Brown's teams has been to the finals 3 out of the last 5 years. He's barely had a losing season in his career. I think he gets benefit of the doubt here? You are right, you can get the same production out of Herb. No one is winning with this team, the guy is a coach, hes not sent from the heavans. Coaches can help a team get over the top, but its the players who play the games.

He highjacked Carlisle's team.....Carlisle would have got there after Sheed joined that team no doubt...Give me a break....This guy is an opportunist...What kills me is that as New Yorkers you know this...He is a RAT.....Yet you are turning a blind eye to everything....
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
2/9/2006  11:58 PM
As Parcells once said, if you want me to be the cook at least allow me to shop for the groceries. Every good coach knows the kind of players needed to put together a good team.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
holfresh

2/10/2006  12:01 AM
You can't go into battle with this guy...He doesn't have your back....Always blaming the next guy...Stabs you in the back everytime....No doubt....all for self....And here you are defending this guy....Who would you rather have in a Foxhole Isiah or Larry Brown...Brown will sell you out everytime!!!
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
2/10/2006  12:02 AM
Posted by holfresh:

You can't go into battle with this guy...He doesn't have your back....Always blaming the next guy...Stabs you in the back everytime....No doubt....all for self....And here you are defending this guy....Who would you rather have in a Foxhole Isiah or Larry Brown...Brown will sell you out everytime!!!

But he's won championships in the college and professional ranks. NUff said!! what has Isaih done as coach/g.m/ pres??? NADA!!!
The Future. GO KNICKS!
holfresh

2/10/2006  12:09 AM
Posted by Knight:

As Parcells once said, if you want me to be the cook at least allow me to shop for the groceries. Every good coach knows the kind of players needed to put together a good team.

How many championships has he won since shopping for groceries...and how many times has he quit his team after gone shopping.....
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/10/2006  12:09 AM
Posted by Knight:

Yet Parcells's greatest success occurred when he didn't "shop for the groceies."
holfresh

2/10/2006  12:20 AM
Posted by WOODMANnYk:
Posted by holfresh:

But he's won championships in the college and professional ranks. NUff said!! what has Isaih done as coach/g.m/ pres??? NADA!!!

Nuff Said????.....The Knicks are 14-34...He's making 10 million usd per year....More talent than last year...Worse record than last yr ...Alot more can be said bro.....
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/10/2006  12:26 AM
More talent than last year???? I am sorry, but it's pretty hard to beat the talent of the combo of Billups, Rip, Prince, Weed, Dyess and even Big Ben and Arroyo. Arroyo was a starter on Utah at times putting up real nice #s and he was on the bench on Detroit not getting nearly as much time. That's how good Detroit is and was and has been.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
oohah
Member: #887
2/10/2006  12:28 AM
More talent than last year???? I am sorry, but it's pretty hard to beat the talent of the combo of Billups, Rip, Prince, Weed, Dyess and even Big Ben and Arroyo. Arroyo was a starter on Utah at times putting up real nice #s and he was on the bench on Detroit not getting nearly as much time. That's how good Detroit is and was and has been.

I think he means the Knicks have more talent this year than last year.

oohah

Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/10/2006  12:31 AM
If that's the case, then he's right then. But if he was referring to the Pistons, then you deserve to be made fun of by Nalod for a week or 2 or 3 or 494,394,394
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
2/10/2006  12:44 AM
Don't blame Brown. Blame it on the rain.
https:// It's not so hard.
Dont blame Larry Brown

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy