[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

jalen rose recap on SAS
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/9/2006  1:18 PM
- he's thrilled to be in ny.

- i think alot of times you play young guys, you don't know how to understand and give effort. how to double off the guy, or box out or whatever. they need to learn how to give effort and there's a fine line between winning and losing.

- what's going on in the lockerroom? first off, any team that's losing, the lockerroom will be a mess. but coming into this lockerroom there may be guys that like each other too much. the good teams needs guys that will criticize each other and are vocal on the court. they need to gain confidence in one another but this team needs to get confidence and learn how to win with the young guys.

- how do you salvage this season? you have to be a pro about it. you have to play everygame as if it's your last. you have improve everyday and bring effort on the floor. just b/c you're on a losing team, you don't give up. you gotta keep working and keep plugging.

- jalen thinks they have talented guys. he wants to help them realize their potential like to get jamal to play on both ends and for curry to play D on the boards and do the dirty work. they need some toughness in the lockerroom. whenever you're a losing team, nobody's untouchable so it's all about the dirty work and the little things, rebounding, toughness, brains on the court willing to give up a good shot to take a great shot.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/9/2006  1:22 PM
I agree with all of that. Jalen is a tough competitor. Good stop gap player for the next year and a half
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/9/2006  1:28 PM
I like Jalen. IMHO he is the only mentally tough guy who can will this team to a vitory here and there. Marbury can do it too, but I think his job as a PG without another primary scorer has limited his ability to control the whole team.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/9/2006  1:32 PM
He is a smart player, thats actually is highest atribute and can play 3 positions effectivly.

Nobody in the league or media is denying the fact that the knicks have talant, there just not right ( mentally) for a larry brown team.
ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/9/2006  1:54 PM
Yeah, Jaelen has an excellent track record of leading teams on and off the court. He reeks of stability.

His record in college and in the pro's is an example of leadership, refinement, and a staple in the community.

His nobel prize, MVP's and philithorpic track record is a shining example of the human sprit at its best!

Marbury will no doubt embrace our new "statesmen" as the new spritual leader of the Knicks and ressurect this once proud institution of athletic greatness back on its rightful place amung the great clubs not just in the NBA, but around the world!

Jalen, the one who shall lead us from darkness, from the abyss of mismanagement,and into the dawn of a new age!

All hail Jalen!

(are we so pathetic and scrapingly desporate that we actually see Jalen in a positive light? Things are bad in knickland, very bad indeed!)
efw
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1002

2/9/2006  1:58 PM
Posted by Nalod:

All hail Jalen!

(are we so pathetic and scrapingly desporate that we actually see Jalen in a positive light? Things are bad in knickland, very bad indeed!)

seriously, this is Jalen Rose. The queen bitch from those bitchy pacer teams. These Knick players are falling down my ladder of respectability.

Hey, maybe after we get Kenyon, we can trade for Alonzo and P.J. Brown too!!!
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/9/2006  2:00 PM
Hey, maybe after we get Kenyon, we can trade for Alonzo and P.J. Brown too!!!

if we can replace JJ & Malik w/those 2, i'm all for it.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
PhilinLA
Member: #696
2/9/2006  10:33 PM
When Starbury gets back and plays with Jalen we are gonna see sick ball movement.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
NYKniCksFan87
Member: #700
2/9/2006  10:49 PM
heres the audio link for you guys

http://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3IXBVYTIB50SX24PN3UJ8UF9HL

''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/9/2006  11:04 PM
Posted by PhilinLA:

When Starbury gets back and plays with Jalen we are gonna see sick ball movement.

I remember we were saying that same exact thing about Allan when Starbury got here and look what happened.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/10/2006  12:25 AM
Marbury and Jalen are both very durable players, though. Jalen's probably the best veteran Marbury's ever had on the Knicks. (He had Houston for very few games; so I'm not counting him.)

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 02-10-2006 12:26 AM]
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/10/2006  12:30 AM
Best vet. You're prolly right about that. Kurt Thomas being second maybe? I loved Kurt Thomas, as I am sure you know, but when he's the best vet you ever played with, that speaks magnitudes. With that being said, that healthy Suns team with Amare and Penny and Marion was still outstanding.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
jalen rose recap on SAS

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy