[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Pops and Dunlevy on Brown
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/8/2006  7:44 PM
"I'm not surprised. Do you think Larry Brown forgot how to coach between the championship and now? It's young players, new pieces, a new system, and I never felt he'd get it done this year. He'll make adjustments, get it started, but the fans won't understand. They're not gonna see the subtle changes, the sophistication. All the fans understand is wins and losses."

That one was by Dunlevy and this by Popovich:

Gregg Popovich, the Spurs' coach and one of Brown's closest friends, said Brown knew what he was getting into.

"He knew it would be a matter of time, it wasn't going to be an immediate fix," Popovich said. "A system would be established, roles would have to be established and that doesn't happen in 25 games."

Popovich called Brown "the perfect person" to fix the Knicks.

"It seems ironic, but he gets the joy out of knowing that something needs to be fixed," Popovich said. "He might seem like he's miserable. He's going to do that drone thing. He's happy as hell when he goes to practice and sees all the things he has to coach and putting in his system. That's the joy right there, that's what excites him more than anything."

"I love the young kids," Brown said in a phone interview two days before tonight's season opener against the Celtics at the TD Banknorth Garden. "When you take a look at this team, and all the kids, it's perfect for me."

Popovich agrees.

"For as long as I've known Larry, and it's been a while, he loves young, athletic guys, and to be able to mold them into the kind of player he wants," said the Spurs coach. "Larry loves challenges. He loves to teach. Practices are going to be more fun for him than the games. And to top it all off, he's doing it in New York. It's in his blood. He is in a great place."

What do you guys this on 2 coaches takes on Brown and the Knicks?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
2/8/2006  8:27 PM
Larry also knows if a player will fit his system. He wants defense and will get defense!

Marbury now fits LB's system. Unless LB is trying to trade Marbs, Marbury hasnt been bashed by LB since last year (2005).

LB loves Q1's toughness.

LB hates how Frye and Curry aren't tougher.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/8/2006  8:34 PM
I wouldn't expect friends to say anything else. It doesn't mean that Larry hasn't gotten frustrated and now wants a quick fix.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/8/2006  11:07 PM
Larry ain't whats wrong with this team.

Its no put together right. Lots of good pieces not mature with the wrong type coach for this type team.

Change the team.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/8/2006  11:17 PM

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
2/9/2006  8:21 AM
it sounds like those articles were earlier reports. ask larry now about how he thinks this team is.
Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
2/9/2006  8:36 AM
Posted by Nalod:

Larry ain't whats wrong with this team.

Its no put together right. Lots of good pieces not mature with the wrong type coach for this type team.

Exactly.

and thats where I fault I.Thomas. He had a vision for this team...and then he completely went away from it when he hired L.Brown.
Pops and Dunlevy on Brown

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy