[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

walt on frye and nate
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/8/2006  12:57 PM
THREES FOR ALL?

I watch and observe guys. Lately if you watch the warm-ups before games, everybody's shooting three-pointers and you want to say, "Hey man, why don't you practice what you're going to do in the game?"

Even Ben Wallace is shooting threes. He's not going to be doing that in the games.

One guy you really want to watch is Channing Frye. He only practices moves that he uses in the games, and that's why he's so adept with particular moves. He goes out at pregame and that's what he's working on. Whereas Nate Robinson is shooting long-court shots, dunks. He's doing a variety of things but working on his mid-range jumpers, getting consistent there and working on his ball-handling. So, you can learn a lot from guys just by observing them in the warm-ups.
AUTOADVERT
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

2/8/2006  1:01 PM
nate needs to perfect the steve nash foul line pull up if hes ever gunna be a player in the league
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
2/8/2006  1:11 PM
In toronto Ariza and Nate first started out shooting 3's then went on to shooting while sitting in the courtside seats. Nate then shot about 4 from the other hoops free throw line (3/4 court shots) hitting the last one before leaving.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/8/2006  1:15 PM
well, if we ever need a last second prayer toss from half court, we know who's # to call.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/8/2006  1:36 PM
I have noticed and wondered about this too. I always looked foward to seeing what certain guys do during warmups. When the Knicks were good, Sprewell was always hitting layups and working on his J. Allan would strictly make a couple moves then hit a midrange J. These guys rarely jacked up 3s during warmups.

Now, Channing, Mo T and Curry like to practice on their post moves a lot, and I noticed that Nate just jacks up 3s from waaaaaaaay far away during the game. He has to learn to stop that, and I'm sure he will. He's a rookie.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
2/8/2006  1:42 PM
I was at a Knicks / Kings game back in the day and Jason Williams spent the entire lay-up line portion of warm-ups trying to bank a lay-up off of the shot clock - total knucklehead. YOU COULDN'T USE THAT SHOT IN THE GAME IF YOU WANTED TO!!!
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/8/2006  1:48 PM
I can't explain why Ben Wallace would be shooting 3s. Maybe it's b/c he's bored and knows he wont be doing too much on offense so he just doesn't care. OK fine, but with the rookies and young guys, I think it's just a matter of them not knowing better. But then again, if the team is winning, who cares? We aren't, so Nate needs to do better practice.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
2/8/2006  3:26 PM
While we're on the topic of practice habits, guys, can I just say this.. I know this seems to be an under the table issue and.. well, no one's really brought it up... but with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter I saw Nate Robinson stroking Channing's hand. Thats right, I said stroking, as in steady gentle rubbing, soft groping... some would say borderline heavy petting. Of course, Channing, being the gentleman he is and all, pulled away - but Nate, the little rascal, wouldn't take no for an answer. Now I'm not talking about a hi-5 here or there or even a pat on the rump, I'm saying it looked like he was molesting Frye.

Now bear in mind, LB is going through the game plan ..no, SCREAMING out the game plan, while Nate's libido seems to be getting the best of him. I know losing causes frustration, but man, I really hope that when LB is roaring away in practice, Nate and Channing can keep from playing footsie in the back.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
2/9/2006  2:01 AM
i saw it too, he was basically clowning around while they were drawing up the next play...him and craw have issues.
all kool aid all the time.
BajanKnickFan
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #936
USA
2/9/2006  2:06 AM
Posted by codeunknown:

While we're on the topic of practice habits, guys, can I just say this.. I know this seems to be an under the table issue and.. well, no one's really brought it up... but with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter I saw Nate Robinson stroking Channing's hand. Thats right, I said stroking, as in steady gentle rubbing, soft groping... some would say borderline heavy petting. Of course, Channing, being the gentleman he is and all, pulled away - but Nate, the little rascal, wouldn't take no for an answer. Now I'm not talking about a hi-5 here or there or even a pat on the rump, I'm saying it looked like he was molesting Frye.

Now bear in mind, LB is going through the game plan ..no, SCREAMING out the game plan, while Nate's libido seems to be getting the best of him. I know losing causes frustration, but man, I really hope that when LB is roaring away in practice, Nate and Channing can keep from playing footsie in the back.
lol,i saw that to.i thought it was funny
walt on frye and nate

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy