[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We need guys who can play DEFENSE period
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
2/8/2006  9:44 AM
Why can't these knicks make any stops. I hate trading youth, but seriously, we NEED stops and players who can get those. Draft defensive players.

Everytime players miss a defensive play in practice, they should get an electric shock from LB. Pavlovian conditioning... Marv, you agree? How many times they going to make the same DUMB mistakes? Different game, same mistakes

"you dead when that green line go flat..."
AUTOADVERT
NotFrye
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #935
2/8/2006  10:43 AM
I agree 100%. We have the horses to take care of the offense, but we need 2 defensive stoppers and 1 solid rebounder in the SL to really put it together (draft a long, defensive wing or PF in the draft). An obvious generalization, but one salient to our situation is that Defensive players would completely change the rhythm of the game. Less easy buckets mean instead of trading baskets in crunch time, the knicks could build leads and avoid the problems associated with matador D. As for our current players becoming great defensive players, I just don't see it happening. Defensive awareness (someone described it here as quicker reflexes) doesn't seem to be greatly impacted (aside from giving greater effort) by coaching.
We need guys who can play DEFENSE period

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy