[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

JJ REDICK
Author Thread
purple012870
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #432
2/8/2006  9:14 AM
I didn't see Bill Bradley, Pistol Pete when they were in college. The best college players (talking pure college, not pro potential) I've seen have been Chris Mullin (SJU), Jason Williams (Duke), Chris Jackson (LSU), Ray Allen (UConn), Danny Manning (KU) & David Robinson (Navy). I will not include Magic & Bird b/c they had abbreviated college careers. Also not including Michael Jordan, whose greatness was still on the horizon when he was in college.

For my money, as a college player, JJ Redick trumps all those guys. I have never seen a guy just refuse to lose like that guy. Most mentally tough player I have seen.
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/8/2006  9:40 AM
i moved him into pick 2 in my own mock. I have Morrison #1 Redick 2 Gay 3 Aldridge 4 B Rush 5
RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/8/2006  9:42 AM

Your forgetting Phil Ford at UNC, and Bobby Hurley. The point for 3 final four teams that one two of them. L8n was alson on that team. If winning is important that is.

Bill Walton belongs on that list. Back in the day they played JV before varsity team, and I think Bill won 3 straight titles.

Walter Berry was incredible on St. Johns. He was the man on that team!

David Thompson, Darrell Griffith were two high flyers in college and unstoppable.

JJ is a special College player!

Earl the pearl (black jesus)Monroe at Winston Salem State I have read had quite the following back in the day.
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

2/8/2006  9:52 AM
Posted by purple012870:

I didn't see Bill Bradley, Pistol Pete when they were in college. The best college players (talking pure college, not pro potential) I've seen have been Chris Mullin (SJU), Jason Williams (Duke), Chris Jackson (LSU), Ray Allen (UConn), Danny Manning (KU) & David Robinson (Navy). I will not include Magic & Bird b/c they had abbreviated college careers. Also not including Michael Jordan, whose greatness was still on the horizon when he was in college.

For my money, as a college player, JJ Redick trumps all those guys. I have never seen a guy just refuse to lose like that guy. Most mentally tough player I have seen.

If you had said Redick is a better shooter than those guys, you wouldn't have gotten too much of an arguement out of me. But to say he was a better PLAYER than the guys your mentioned is way off base.

Danny Manning carried a team of mid-major talent and a cuople of football players to the championship.

Chris Mullin and Chris Jackson were every bit the shooter that Redick is and David Robinson is a center. Can't compare.
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
BRIGGS
2/8/2006  9:59 AM
I'll tell you a guy who was just an unbelievable college player--chris jackson. he was actually on the same team as shaq his first year and went pro after 2 and changed his name to Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf.

I admit Im scared when JJ has the ball, he hits from any angle, from 35 feet in, he has the agility strength and quickness to get any shot off--his IQ is off the charts--his heart is off the charts. I rank Morrison only slightly better because of his size--but both of these guys are truly incredible incredible prospects. If Rudy Gay had the heart of these guys and stayed one more year--he would be on hat level because he simply destroys both of them NBA superior athletiscm and length. he can physically do more, but he needs to still put in that extra year--
RIP Crushalot😞
purple012870
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #432
2/8/2006  10:29 AM
I know their are doubters re: Redick/Morrison & pro potential, partly b/c they are merely average athletically & perhaps due to being Caucasian.

Would the following be fair comparisons/projections?

Morrison - upside > Paul Pierce (though I don't believe he'll be that good) downside > Wally Szcerbiak

Redick - Rip Hamilton with more range
BRIGGS
2/8/2006  1:58 PM
Posted by purple012870:

I know their are doubters re: Redick/Morrison & pro potential, partly b/c they are merely average athletically & perhaps due to being Caucasian.

Would the following be fair comparisons/projections?

Morrison - upside > Paul Pierce (though I don't believe he'll be that good) downside > Wally Szcerbiak

Redick - Rip Hamilton with more range

Morrison--version of Rip Hamilton and Larry bird combo
Rudy Gay--Grant Hill
JJ Redick-version of Jeff Hornacek
Branden Rush--Paul Pierce 2
Lamarcus Aldridge--now I think he has the most two-way upside. If Hilton Armstrong had Alridge's skill sets with his body, he would go number 1. LA might go number 1 even with his body and toughness a tad soft. That being said I will say a longer version of Abdur Rahim . A little soft, but very long. I think Sheldan Williams will be a better defensive big from the 4 spot.
RIP Crushalot😞
JJ REDICK

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy