[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Stop Larry the GM now or lose our future
Author Thread
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

2/8/2006  3:51 AM
Larry Brown has never hid the fact that he wanted veteran players on his team. Larry has no time or patience for rookies..Larry will only be here a few years and wants to win now and has no interest in rebuilding with young players. Isiah wants to go young and Larry wants veterans...I'm with Isiah....

The knicks have a nice young core that needs time to develope..Coach gives a majority of the time to veteran players instead of the rooks..Don't give me they have hit the wall story...How is it that Chris Paul looks fresh as a daisy?..

Now we are talking abt Kenyon who has bad knees, we have Jalen Rose because Larry wanted him...We are trying to get Ratliff who has to be approaching 50 by now...

Listen I think this guy is a great coach but he is now weilding too much power...

Power given to him by the New York press because Larry in untouchable in their eyes..

I WANT BROWN GONE RIGHT NOW FROM THIS TIME FORTH......ENOUGH OF THIS MADNESS...
AUTOADVERT
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
2/8/2006  4:07 AM
well, we still have all our youth so thats ok. if we actually do trade frye or lee, i will be upset, but it depends on who we get. Chris Paul is a star, roy, its tough to compare our guys to him, he is in another league. i will be upset if we get kenyon, i have no problem with getting rose. as for ratliff, nash came out and said there will be no trade since the knicks are reluctant to put lee in the deal. i still want to see a healthy marbs with jalen out there. the team should definately win more games and the negativity should subside as well.
holfresh

2/8/2006  4:23 AM
Well what I have gathered from an article in the NYT...Davis alluded to the fact that Larry and Isiah may be in a power struggle...

"Larry and Isiah, they need to get on the same page," Davis said of Coach Larry Brown and Isiah Thomas, the Knicks' president. "Is the team going younger or older? What are they doing? Where's the team going?"
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/8/2006  4:37 AM
Posted by holfresh:

Well what I have gathered from an article in the NYT...Davis alluded to the fact that Larry and Isiah may be in a power struggle...

"Larry and Isiah, they need to get on the same page," Davis said of Coach Larry Brown and Isiah Thomas, the Knicks' president. "Is the team going younger or older? What are they doing? Where's the team going?"

It's not even about trades....it's about what is already here. Isiah did a terrible job by hiring Brown.....he waited for the best and he wound up with his worst enemy. They think differently. Now Isiah has to rethink everything just to get Brown the players he wants. "Rose is a player Larry wanted". It's a no win situation.

Knicks need to fire Brown and get a coach willing to work with what he has.....

Woods came off the bench and he is clearly the best small fwd the Knicks have..........Rose doesn't rebound enough and he is more effective handling the rock. Rose is a shooting guard.

Lee might as well had a DNP with the 1 minute he had last night. Frye still isn't starting or getting automatic starters minutes?

Malik Rose still travels with the team let alone plays 29 minutes?

Bad decision Isiah hiring Brown......check the track record.

[Edited by - enyspree on 02-08-2006 04:38 AM]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

2/8/2006  4:43 AM
Malik (Rose) did as good a job as you could on him(Brand).

Larry said that. It's subtle but it just shows how he thinks....he played Malik cuz he thought he would play better defense on Brand than anyone else on the team.

This is why I say fire Brown......the Knicks are not playing to win.....they are playing to try and stop the other team from winning.....there is a difference. Fcuk Larry Brown and his 100 year old mama.

[Edited by - enyspree on 02-08-2006 04:44 AM]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/8/2006  4:45 AM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by holfresh:

It's not even about trades....it's about what is already here. Isiah did a terrible job by hiring Brown.....he waited for the best and he wound up with his worst enemy. They think differently. Now Isiah has to rethink everything just to get Brown the players he wants. "Rose is a player Larry wanted". It's a no win situation.

Woods came off the bench and he is clearly the best small fwd the Knicks have..........Rose doesn't rebound enough and he is more effective handling the rock. Rose is a shooting guard.

Lee might as well had a DNP with the 1 minute he had last night. Frye still isn't starting or getting automatic starters minutes?

Can Isiah fire Larry after the Lenny debacle? Can a GM sign 2 HOF coaches to $50 M contracts, then decide that they're no good and fire them? Isiah's already on his way to being known as the King GM of funny money and perhaps one of the biggest sports executive busts ever - this would secure his place in a hurry, don't you think?
EnySpree

2/8/2006  4:51 AM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by holfresh:

Can Isiah fire Larry after the Lenny debacle? Can a GM sign 2 HOF coaches to $50 M contracts, then decide that they're no good and fire them? Isiah's already on his way to being known as the King GM of funny money and perhaps one of the biggest sports executive busts ever - this would secure his place in a hurry, don't you think?

Yeah....anyway you look at it Isiah gets screwed. It's not fair but thats the way it is.

I just wish Brown would go back to starting Woods and bench Q-Rich. Stop playing Malik all together and get at least get Channings minutes up and get him some open shots.

I just wish for once the Knicks would attack teams and not look to make "the extra pass" on every play.....too much thinking not enough attacking.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/8/2006  5:05 AM
Posted by EnySpree:

Yeah....anyway you look at it Isiah gets screwed. It's not fair but thats the way it is.

I just wish Brown would go back to starting Woods and bench Q-Rich. Stop playing Malik all together and get at least get Channings minutes up and get him some open shots.

I just wish for once the Knicks would attack teams and not look to make "the extra pass" on every play.....too much thinking not enough attacking.

We did play our best ball when Quentin was out injured. But if you're Larry, can you have all your high-priced veterans sitting there and not playing?

The situation is so screwed up it's almost comical. Right now Larry and Isiah may be trying to screw each over. Isiah's waiting for either Larry's insides to pop or for the players to have a total revolt over him. Larry's waiting for Anuchagate to blow up or Dolan to finally freak out about the money to wins ratio.
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/8/2006  8:27 AM
YES on Qyntel Woods at the three or two

>>I just wish Brown would go back to starting Woods and bench Q-Rich. Stop playing Malik all together and get at least get Channings minutes up and get him some open shots.

Yes to pushing the ball

>>I just wish for once the Knicks would attack teams and not look to make "the extra pass" on every play.....too much thinking not enough attacking.

Yes EnySpree
once a knick always a knick
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/8/2006  9:01 AM
Larry threw Craw and Frye under the bus after the game for not running the final play right, yet the Clipper players said that they knew what play Larry was going to run.

Get Larry out of here now.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/8/2006  9:06 AM
Why did the other brown thread get locked? I thought it was big enough to deserve its own thread when Brown makes derogatory comments toward the team's best player who's been a warrior playing through injury.
And I don't care what "tone" he made the comments in. It's a classless thing to say in any tone.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/8/2006  9:33 AM
some of us are starting to agree with Peter Vescey with his hatred of Larry Brown.

I for one never wanted Brown- I thought he was the wrong fit for what we had going here- i.e., a team needed to develop.

Its isiah's fault. But, if Larry Brown is calling people, then Isiah should be saying- LB- stop it, that's my job. You have input ,i.e., I want this kind of player, but that's it.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/8/2006  9:36 AM
Posted by franco12:

some of us are starting to agree with Peter Vescey with his hatred of Larry Brown.

I for one never wanted Brown- I thought he was the wrong fit for what we had going here- i.e., a team needed to develop.

Its isiah's fault. But, if Larry Brown is calling people, then Isiah should be saying- LB- stop it, that's my job. You have input ,i.e., I want this kind of player, but that's it.

Coaches often call around the league, Brown is just more open about it.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/8/2006  9:49 AM
Maybe we have TOO much youth? Maybe we don't have enough Blue chip youth?

Nate and Reezy are lacking much fundamentals.

We did pick up QDog!

Nate is not a good fit. Nor is Crawford. If we lose them, and Reezy, its not gonna kill us. We still have two picks, and Butler-Eddie-frye-Lee-QDog-Qrich-all 25 or younger.

We need to keep DLee! Strong fundamentally and has the hops! Good passer!

Isiah goes way before Larry goes.

Chaney, Lenny, Herb, and now dump Larry?
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
2/8/2006  9:51 AM
Personally I like Larry because I like the style of play he promotes...the problem is we have talented players that are the opposite of what Larry likes...it was said before that Zeke put together a team more suited to challenge the And 1 mix tape team instead of the NBA.

It is VERY bad when 2 of your 3 rookies are the players with the Highest basketball IQ on your team (Frye, Lee)
~You can't run from who you are.~
Rich
Member: #511
USA
2/8/2006  9:51 AM
If we trade youth for healthy youth, fine. I'm skeptical that those types of trades will happen.
Swishfm3
Member: #392
2/8/2006  10:05 AM
Detroit is playing 10x better now that Larry Brown is gone..
tkf
Member: #87
2/8/2006  10:34 AM
Posted by Swishfm3:

Detroit won a championship under larry and went back to the finals the very next year, I don't know how much better than that you can get, nevermind 10X better..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
holfresh

2/8/2006  2:12 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by Swishfm3:

Detroit won a championship under larry and went back to the finals the very next year, I don't know how much better than that you can get, nevermind 10X better..

People are giving Larry so much credit for Detroit. Don't forget the Pistons were a back to back 50 win team before Larry got there and this is without Rasheed. Rasheed put them over the top. Larry is a good coach no doubt...But Brown was opportunist when he took that job from Carlisle....He knew Detroit was knocking on the door when he took the job...
EnySpree

2/8/2006  2:41 PM
Posted by Rich:

Larry threw Craw and Frye under the bus after the game for not running the final play right, yet the Clipper players said that they knew what play Larry was going to run.

Get Larry out of here now.

I'm telling you....Larry is not playing to win....he is just playing not to let the other team win. I saw 3 Clippers say they knew what play they were gonna run. They were giddy about it. It's embarrassing. Larry keeps putting it on th eplayers but this is Larrys baby too.
Stop Larry the GM now or lose our future

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy