zeke should've never brought q to new york......q needs to be traded asap

trade: q + frye = j-rich candy coat with second round draft pick if needed

knicks look like

star
j-rich
jalen rose
easy mo t
and the eddie curry fantasy
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
2/7/2006  9:12 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by martin:

Q wants out but until he plays better you can't trade him.

yeah, I give him a lot of credit for playing hurt, but with his contract and uninsurable back, he's pretty much untradeable. he's been through a lot this year, I feel for him.
we'd have to take someone worse back (no pub intended) - how about trading him to the Blazers for Patterson?
simrud
Member: #474
USA
2/7/2006  9:33 PM
If you are too heart don't fing play. He blows. He is not even an NBA player anymore. Fk him.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

2/7/2006  10:42 PM
i'd be glad to ahve him gone
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
2/7/2006  10:44 PM
For all his flaws, Larry still feels he's better than most of the other guys. He had 37 minutes agains the Clippers.
https:// It's not so hard.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
2/7/2006  11:08 PM
I liked QRich before he got to the Knicks and I'm going to like him when he leaves the Knicks but when the hell are players going to hold themselves accountable. Q is not just missing shots, he's missing WIDE-OPEN 3's, this coming from a guy who is supposed to be a top-notch 3point shooter. I counted 3 times tonite that he was WIDE-OPEN and missed the shot, and I mean WIDE-OPEN. Hold yourself accountable Q.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
2/8/2006  1:07 AM
I'm "EXTREMELY UNHAPPY" Richardson is on the Knicks. Maybe he can just move to his hometown and workout and not play for the Knicks again. They'd never let him do that though...wait a second they're letting Penny do that and collect $15 mil.
#Knickstaps
LBeast
Member: #994

2/8/2006  2:25 AM
Fuck Q. You can gripe once you start shooting better than 30% from the floor you waste of space.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/8/2006  7:19 AM
If there is a LB purge I think Q surives. His D is getting better and better and he roundings. He's a big physical guy to put on the big 2s of the league. He's been banged up and his offensive game makes him look like a total hack, but if his back can get healthy I can see him being a good player for LB
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/8/2006  9:51 AM
Posted by fishmike:

If there is a LB purge I think Q surives. His D is getting better and better and he roundings. He's a big physical guy to put on the big 2s of the league. He's been banged up and his offensive game makes him look like a total hack, but if his back can get healthy I can see him being a good player for LB

wow, how much pride did you have to swallow to type that out?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/8/2006  9:51 AM
Posted by fishmike:

He's become Larry Johnson for us- a player not nearly as good as he once was who does something well that he was never known for.

Its easy to criticize him for not being able to shoot because no one else on the team can shoot and he was supposed to fill that void for us.

His defense has been good- which begs the question, if his back/injuries are affecting his shot, why aren't they affecting his D?
bigbeast
Member: #1060

2/8/2006  10:01 AM
Posted by franco12:
Posted by fishmike:

He's become Larry Johnson for us- a player not nearly as good as he once was who does something well that he was never known for.

Its easy to criticize him for not being able to shoot because no one else on the team can shoot and he was supposed to fill that void for us.

His defense has been good- which begs the question, if his back/injuries are affecting his shot, why aren't they affecting his D?

You said its easy to criticize him for not being able to shoot- well of course. He's a SHOOTING gaurd. He doesn't play the REBOUNDING gaurd position. You need your SHOOTING guard to shoot and make baskets. He's playing more like an undersized scrappy PF. Thats not what we need from his position. Whats the sense of Curry passing out of double teams if he's gonna continue to brick jumpers.
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
fishmike
USA
2/8/2006  10:09 AM
Posted by martin:
Posted by fishmike:

Like Marsellus Wallace said.. f-ck pride.
Hey.. I LOVE to be wrong especially when its regarding a Knick playing beyond expectations. I still think if Q is damaged good as he appears that was a bad deal for us. Even if he's lost some explosiveness he can still be a very effective defender and rebounder. He's strong as an ox and has some good quickness. His shooting % is vomitous but his effort on defense and the boards is admirable, especially considering the environment he's playing in. To me this speaks of a mentally tough player, something I didnt think he was. If I'm right (this time) and I hope I am he will be usefull cog for us.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/8/2006  10:15 AM
i think q1 is being showcased. i think him, lb, and isiah came to a mutual agreement that q1 would get playing time to drive up his value so they can trade him. that's why he's been playing through those injuries. he wants out. they want him out. so they're trying to market him for another team to take him. nobody is going to trade for q1 if he's riding the pine or inactive...
Caseloads
2/8/2006  10:15 AM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by martin:
Posted by fishmike:

Hey.. I LOVE to be wrong especially when its regarding a Knick playing beyond expectations. I still think if Q is damaged good as he appears that was a bad deal for us. Even if he's lost some explosiveness he can still be a very effective defender and rebounder. He's strong as an ox and has some good quickness. His shooting % is vomitous but his effort on defense and the boards is admirable, especially considering the environment he's playing in. To me this speaks of a mentally tough player, something I didnt think he was. If I'm right (this time) and I hope I am he will be usefull cog for us.

he, like the rest of the team need to "get right" like J. Lo says - mentally and physically.
Caseloads
2/8/2006  10:16 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

i think q1 is being showcased. i think him, lb, and isiah came to a mutual agreement that q1 would get playing time to drive up his value so they can trade him. that's why he's been playing through those injuries. he wants out. they want him out. so they're trying to market him for another team to take him. nobody is going to trade for q1 if he's riding the pine or inactive...
or if he keeps shooting 1 for 10. every damn game.
fishmike
USA
2/8/2006  10:25 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

definatly could be that also...

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/8/2006  10:30 AM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by martin:
Posted by fishmike:

fish,I have no problem with Q, he is a mentally tough kid, who understands the game, put him on detroit with like talent and he would fit right in.. I guarantee..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
2/8/2006  10:31 AM
I can live with Q being a LJ player type for us, I mean damn....look if he can be a Bruce Bowen who can score and can be a strong leader by leading by example.
~You can't run from who you are.~
JesseDark
Member: #467
2/8/2006  10:33 AM

It looks like he can't get any lift when he is shooting. I guess that would come from the back as well as all the other little injuries.
Bring back dee-fense
Quentin Richardson is EXTREMELY UNHAPPY in NYC

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy