Author Thread
BajanKnickFan
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #936
USA
2/7/2006  10:21 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by BajanKnickFan:

tomorrow on SAS,Stephen A. Smith is going to go CRAZY about what happen tonite.

No he won't, I guarantee he won't.
OK,listen tomorrow

AUTOADVERT
JonsTintedTails
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #852
USA
2/7/2006  10:21 PM
Just gotta take the positives out of this game. They played with some pride, gave alot of effort did not give up. Curry is starting to recognize the double teams which led to some great passing and ball movement which *wow* leads to open shots. We were not as bad in the turnover department either. I agree we should not be discussing or thinking of the record anymore this season. let's just improve, win some games so we don't give Chicago the #1 overall pick. Hey if we start winning some games then we can start checking our record.
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
2/7/2006  10:22 PM
Posted by BajanKnickFan:
Posted by Knight:
Posted by BajanKnickFan:

OK,listen tomorrow

I will. His partner BT is dishing out alot of positives right now and usually those two are on the same page as far as their frustration with the team.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
BajanKnickFan
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #936
USA
2/7/2006  10:23 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by BajanKnickFan:
Posted by Knight:
Posted by BajanKnickFan:

OK,listen tomorrow

I will. His partner BT is dishing out alot of positives right now and usually those two are on the same page as far as their frustration with the team.
yea i know im listening right now.
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
2/7/2006  10:23 PM
Jalen is seriously helping this team. Did he make a bad decision at the end of the game? Maybe, but what was that play all about anyway? Who was suppossed to get the ball? Frye in the post? Q-1 ran to the top of the key (or whoever ran that route) and could have gotten the ball easily, but the play obviously wasn't for him.

I know Rose has been a great passer thusfar, and we've had trouble inbounding the ball before, but NO ONE was open either and he must have known we had no timeouts. Clyde said he could have thrown the ball off of another player, which he could have done, but there was so little time left on the clock that that's a major risk at the end of the game, unless it's one of those obvious Larry Bird off Isiah Thomas plays.

Also, Rose JUST joined the team. How is he suppossed to learn the inbounds plays in 3 days.

Could he have done better? I guess so, but we blew the lead, and that wasn't Jalen's fault.
Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
MinsHeartsReezy
Member: #872
USA
2/7/2006  10:24 PM
Posted by BajanKnickFan:

more than 20 mins later i still dont believe what happen tonite.

I can't blame you.. a lot of things were going right for us.
The majority of calls went our way which got us roughly twice as many free throws as them. Our turnovers were down(12) compared to causing 20 TOs for them. The ball movement was great. We passed out of the post.
One thing that stood out to me was that we took 17 threes. Imagine if we had only attempted half of those three's and took two pointers for the other half. It would have made a great difference.
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

2/7/2006  10:47 PM
He tried to call Timeout with no timeouts left... Must be a Fab 5 thing

he sitll gets a pass he played great i chalk it up to nerves being the new guy ect
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
2/7/2006  10:49 PM
Welcome to the Knicks Jalen - your Basketball IQ just went down!
https:// It's not so hard.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/7/2006  10:54 PM
even if they imbounded the ball what was going to happen? The play was for Jamal since Frye couldn't get open. Jamal would've chucked up a brick and we would've lost anyway. I don't understand why the play wasn't for Jalen
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/7/2006  11:09 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

even if they imbounded the ball what was going to happen? The play was for Jamal since Frye couldn't get open. Jamal would've chucked up a brick and we would've lost anyway. I don't understand why the play wasn't for Jalen

I totally agree. Who were the Clips going to put on Rose? Singleton? Maybe Brown didn't want Rose to miss two game deciding shots in his first two games here? oh well. Team Torture rolls on. We're not going to win before the all-star break without Marbury. With a healthy Marbury after the break, things will be easier to watch. I hope Zeke doesn't make any panic moves before then.
¿ △ ?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/7/2006  11:10 PM
Lenny had an inbounding play that was an alley oop for Nazr, it worked several times in late game situations. You're telling me we can't do one of those for Curry? there's like a 90% chance he'd be fouled.

edit: wow, 4444 posts. I think I need to go on a sabbatical.

[Edited by - crzymdups on 02-07-2006 11:11 PM]
¿ △ ?
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
2/8/2006  7:58 AM
The play call was awful!

As for the game...The D is improving, i think. Is it me, or is the O flowing more smoothly now with Rose playing the point? The guys do seem to like eachother out there and show more comradery than with Steph out there.

Steph has played well of late and there is doubting his skills. I think with Steph and Rose this team will be pretty decent on the O side. The question with Steph is this and has always bee this: Do his teammmates hate him so much that they just dont play as hard when he is there? I know it is unprofessional an maybe not even a conscience thing but it sure seems that way!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/8/2006  9:36 AM
Posted by GoNyGoNyGo:

The play call was awful!

As for the game...The D is improving, i think. Is it me, or is the O flowing more smoothly now with Rose playing the point? The guys do seem to like eachother out there and show more comradery than with Steph out there.

Steph has played well of late and there is doubting his skills. I think with Steph and Rose this team will be pretty decent on the O side. The question with Steph is this and has always bee this: Do his teammmates hate him so much that they just dont play as hard when he is there? I know it is unprofessional an maybe not even a conscience thing but it sure seems that way!

it seemed to me that the D was good for about 3 quarters last night. And boy, what a difference Rose makes!

I don't know if it is a Steph thing or not, but at the beginning of the game especially it was evident that the Knicks were playing energized D.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
2/8/2006  3:12 PM
Posted by BajanKnickFan:
Posted by Knight:
Posted by BajanKnickFan:

OK,listen tomorrow

Good call.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/8/2006  3:56 PM
This Nate Robinson autograph was clearly the most exciting part of the game.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Thread the Needle: Passing On Brand Names, Rose Sews A Knicks Win

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy