[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

anyone think that we are going to be in the lotto
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
8/1/2002  3:31 PM
any chance of us being in the lotto this year? a mcdyess knee injury away if you ask me.

i think with mcdyess we are only a 5th seed at best.

with huge holes at the pg spot - we all know charlie's knees are busted, frank is injured, eisley can't run the offense

and the center spot - doleac or kt just don't cut it,

and spree being out of position at the 3,

houston playing no D at the 2,

our team is primed for alot of ping pong balls come next may.

too bad we don't have a shot at lebron james.

AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
8/1/2002  3:44 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

any chance of us being in the lotto this year? a mcdyess knee injury away if you ask me.

i think with mcdyess we are only a 5th seed at best.

with huge holes at the pg spot - we all know charlie's knees are busted, frank is injured, eisley can't run the offense

and the center spot - doleac or kt just don't cut it,

and spree being out of position at the 3,

houston playing no D at the 2,

our team is primed for alot of ping pong balls come next may.

too bad we don't have a shot at lebron james.

I think the Knicks have a chance at the lotto, if McDyess goes down, operation tank the season has to commence.
ClydeDaGlide
Member: #275
USA
8/1/2002  4:04 PM
LOL, it's sad, but I think the best thing for this team may be to land a spot there again this year...
I came here to drink beer and kick some ass, and we're almost out of beer...
Fordy74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #51
USA
8/1/2002  4:09 PM
I think our seaon will be much more enjoyable and a return to the playoffs will feel nice. But if Dyess does go down with an injury we will definitly be a lottery team and probably better off being able to get a nice young talent unless we trade the lottery pick away again.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/1/2002  5:13 PM
You guys are hitting my points of the last two days. IF something happens to Mcdyess or for that matter any of the two guards---this will be a lottery team maybe the lowest seed in the East. Why I started a thread about Knick fans being PEOD is the fact that we could've utilized this draft for young talent. Scott Layden was supposed to be some kind of evaluating genius--but realistically he has been nothing short of brutal. I remember watching Amare Stoudamire in the MCDs game and he put on the best performance of a mCD-better than Kobe Webber McGrady and I called WFAN three seperate times somehow trying to get the message acrosss that this kid loked like not only would he be available[according to the mock drafts] but that the kid might just be the number 1 talent. Remember Kobe Mcgrady KG were not 1-3 picks and i think Kobe was 13. And lo and behold two days ago jerry west calls him the second best talent in the draft. What people fail to realize is we couldve started the process of overhauling while staying competitive--without worrying if someone's knee was going to hold up. It automatically gives M Camby a limited role where he could save himslef playing 24 mts a night. And if worse comes to worse and we dont make the playoffs we put some more young talent on the team. Look what it has done for New Jersey--it got them to the finals and now they might swing KG. If we got a KG I wouldve loved the trade but there is just to much risk associted with this maneuver at this pick. If it wer a 10 pick and down all right but the talent at 7 was way to high and people will poo po givinbg up Camby but the guy is still a good player and may have thrived in a smaller role. we dont even have the high quality role players other than Harrington that you see on a winning team. We should've began the process of bringing in young cornerstone talent while we are still competitive. Real Knick fans would realize that we could still perhaps make a run while restocking for the future and hey if we dont make it we add more pieces especially at low$$$$$. I think we have to much talent to be a 1-3 seed unless we got lucky in the lottery but 6-10 gives you a nice player if you draft well. That is what we needed desperately a talent evaluator and a shrwed business man. We got neither and I hate when I here layden say he picked guys for Van gundys style---that is not what a general manager is all about. GMs should be the boss or atleast get a HUGe say in final decisions.

Well atleast there is hope that Antonio is better based on some of his comments but i also heard that from grant hill the last three summers.
RIP Crushalot😞
nwny
Member: #284
8/1/2002  8:28 PM
And if worse comes to worse and we dont make the playoffs we put some more young talent on the team. Look what it has done for New Jersey
Van Horn got ingurred, so NJ lost enough games to get back into the lottery. Van Horn gets hurt, they suck, they draft Martin, Van Horn comes back, and they have a deadly inside-outside combo. The same thing happend to the Spurs. D-Rob gets hurt, they suck, they draft Duncan, D-Rob comes back and they have the twin towers. This is not a plan, this is luck.
anyone think that we are going to be in the lotto

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy