[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Our moves last summer sucked | Future flavor
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
8/1/2002  12:18 PM
the moves we made last summer sucked.

signing weatherspoon, anderson and eisley was dumb.

this summer i guess was addition by subtraction.

we got rid of dead weight mark jackson, and always injured camby.

we need to trade thomas and ward/eisley (preferably) for vanX.

it'd be great if dyess is healthy and we can trade him and houston to portland at the trade deadline for rasheed wallace and bonzi.

i wish we'd trade houston and anderson right now straight up for Kemp. Kemp could play center in the east. even trading houston and spoon for pippen would be awesome, as pippen's contract ends after this season. get houston off the cap, spree's contract expires soon (in 3 years).

we could sign someone like jimmyjax to a 2 year deal if we deal houston for kemp. or if we get pippen, hopefully postell will learn to play some Defense, and move into the rotation. if he can't or refuses to play defense, we should dump him. no sense holding onto someone that isn't going to mature into anything.
AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
8/1/2002  1:35 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

it'd be great if dyess is healthy and we can trade him and houston to portland at the trade deadline for rasheed wallace and bonzi.

i wish we'd trade houston and anderson right now straight up for Kemp. Kemp could play center in the east. even trading houston and spoon for pippen would be awesome, as pippen's contract ends after this season. get houston off the cap, spree's contract expires soon (in 3 years).

we could sign someone like jimmyjax to a 2 year deal if we deal houston for kemp. or if we get pippen, hopefully postell will learn to play some Defense, and move into the rotation. if he can't or refuses to play defense, we should dump him. no sense holding onto someone that isn't going to mature into anything.

Kemp, I can't believe you would give up Houston for Kemp. I would rather pay houston than get that overweight junkie with 100 kids.
lrluis
Member: #306
8/1/2002  3:02 PM
Yes, they suck. Consider this:

3 undersized centers (Camby 220 lbs, Thomas 6'9", Harrington 6'6")
3 undersized power forwards (Thomas 6'9", Harrington 6'6", Spoon 6'5")
3 huge-contract swingmen (Houston 12M+, Sprewell 11M+, 6M+)
3 backup-quality point guards (Jackon no-defense, Ward no-penetration, Eisley 5M+)

They also had an interim (is it intern?) coach who insisted he needed training camp when they had all the practice time in the world, and some say, a quack medical staff (nobody comes back from injury---remember LJ, Camby, Luc Longley, Bernard King, Patrick Ewing, Kenny Walker, Roland Blackman, etc.).

Caseloads
8/1/2002  3:06 PM
Posted by Vmart:
Posted by Caseloads:

Kemp, I can't believe you would give up Houston for Kemp. I would rather pay houston than get that overweight junkie with 100 kids.
that overweight junkie would come off our cap in less than 2 seasons and help us get into the running for some free agents - which we won't ever be in if we have houston signed for 5 more seasons.
LJ2
Member: #239
USA
8/1/2002  3:21 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by Vmart:
Posted by Caseloads:

that overweight junkie would come off our cap in less than 2 seasons and help us get into the running for some free agents - which we won't ever be in if we have houston signed for 5 more seasons.

The Knicks will never be under the cap. As long as there is a cap, the Knicks will never be able to sign marquee free agents outright. Thats just how its gonna be. Get used to the sign and trade.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
8/1/2002  3:23 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by Vmart:
Posted by Caseloads:

There is to much concern over the cap. I understand that you want to get under the cap. But the Knick mangement doesn't give a rats you know what about the cap situation. You have to ask your self at what cost do you want to get under the cap. I wouldn't take on Kemp not for anything he is out of his prime and hasn't clue about getting back in playing shape. My theory with the cap is stay pat you have LJ, Longley, Ward and Knight coming of the cap with McDyess coming off in two years.

Besides the next couple of years is New York's only chance at getting to the finals. In two or three years the Bulls are going to be the dominant team in the east for years to come. Lord help the east if they get the number one this coming year because it is going to be lights out for every team in the NBA that may include the Lakers too. We are going to be watch Bulls-Lakers finals. Which would be similar to watching Majic-Bird but it will be Kobe-LeBron.
nwny
Member: #284
8/1/2002  8:15 PM
I can't believe what you said, “trade Houston and Anderson for Kemp”. And then you said "Kemp can play center in the East". My friend, Kemp can't play center in my backyard, against my 2 year old. You, me, or Mugsey Bouggs could play center in the East before Kemp does. That guy is done. Trading Houston and Anderson for Kemp is the equivalent of benching them for 2 years. In other words they don’t play, and we get nothing in return.
Caseloads
8/1/2002  8:27 PM
Posted by nwny:

I can't believe what you said, “trade Houston and Anderson for Kemp”. And then you said "Kemp can play center in the East". My friend, Kemp can't play center in my backyard, against my 2 year old. You, me, or Mugsey Bouggs could play center in the East before Kemp does. That guy is done. Trading Houston and Anderson for Kemp is the equivalent of benching them for 2 years. In other words they don’t play, and we get nothing in return.
i don't know if you're just speculating, but Kemp wasn't half bad last season, not half good, but not half bad either. the guy is still better than vin baker, and his contract is up soon, and kemp is still better than doleac or knight at center.
nwny
Member: #284
8/1/2002  8:46 PM
the guy is still better than vin baker
Baker last season 14 ppg 48 % from the field
Kemp last season 6.1 ppg 43% from the field
Dan1078
Member: #283
8/2/2002  10:32 AM
Caseloads, you're being ridiculous. Shawn Kemp? The guy is a fat joke. He is the biggest has-been.
ClydeDaGlide
Member: #275
USA
8/2/2002  10:39 AM
Posted by Dan1078:

Caseloads, you're being ridiculous. Shawn Kemp? The guy is a fat joke. He is the biggest has-been.

Too true...Kemp has been out of the game for years now...he should just quit while he still has some sort of legacy left...well, at least in Cleveland...
I came here to drink beer and kick some ass, and we're almost out of beer...
Our moves last summer sucked | Future flavor

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy