Extension of ESPN Insider rumor - NY/PDX
Author Thread
nykinoz
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #205
Australia
7/31/2002  9:36 PM
New York trades to Portland
SG Allan Houston (20.4 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 2.5 apg in 37.8 minutes)
PG Charlie Ward (5.2 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 3.2 apg in 16.8 minutes)
PF Othella Harrington (7.7 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 0.5 apg in 20.3 minutes)

Portland trades to New York
PG Damon Stoudamire (13.6 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 6.5 apg in 37.3 minutes)
PF Dale Davis (9.5 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 1.2 apg in 31.4 minutes)

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to New York and Portland being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. New York and Portland had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement
-----------------

Ward has a 3mil buy-out after this season, Harrington is dirt cheap at about 3mil per, and Houston is a 20ppg scorer who will flourish with a low post presence (Wallace in PDX, McDyess in NY)

PDX
---
McInnis
Houston
Wells
Wallace
Sabonis

NY get a PG to push the offence in a much more uptempo fashion, and Davis is a perfect complemnt to McDyess.

Mouse
Spree
Anderson
McDyess
Davis

What do you guys think?
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/31/2002  10:11 PM
one of the better trades I have seen. Especially is the Blazers arent going to resign Bonzi. One problem....Mouse has that little thing about a pound of dope being at his house still hanging over his head. Otherwise I like it. I love to get Bonzi though....even more than Mouse
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TonyMontana
Member: #302
8/1/2002  1:02 AM
that would be sweet if we can sign donyell marshall with the exception too

pg Stoudamire
sg Spree
sf Marshall
pf Mcdyess
c Davis
nykinoz
Member: #205
Australia
8/1/2002  1:45 AM
Posted by TonyMontana:

that would be sweet if we can sign donyell marshall with the exception too

pg Stoudamire
sg Spree
sf Marshall
pf Mcdyess
c Davis

Marshall would be the perfect compliment to that line-up. I would even settle for Lee Nailon, but Marshall would be off the hook!
quicksandnyc
Member: #29
8/1/2002  10:23 AM
it's unlikely that a spree/marshall reunion could happen. spree is still ticked at marshall from the gstate choking on pj. marshall didn't back spree to the press and i've heard numerous times that there is bad blood there. if spree has the front office ear and it is houston that goes i don't think marshall will be the one who gets the call from spree to fill the vacant 3 spot.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
8/1/2002  10:30 AM
What about Rodney Rogers? That would be a good addition to that lineup as wel, he can play the 3 and 4 and a little center as well a la KT (abeit heavily undersized with his 6'7" physique then but he can draw a center out of the paint on offense).
Dan1078
Member: #283
8/1/2002  10:49 AM
Two replies to your ridiculousness

#1 The finding of weed in Stoudamire's house wasnt a big deal.
Just like Oak said, alot of the guys in the league smoke. That wouldnt be a detractor.

#2 Spree and Donyell's disagreements in GS wouldnt keep him off tehteam
Offedge
Member: #280
8/1/2002  11:02 AM
Thats a bad trade, why would we want Damon Stoudamire? He's not even a good PG, he's an undersized SG.
He couldn't lead his team in portand , why do you think he could lead this less talented team.
I dont see how this trade makes us better.
quicksandnyc
Member: #29
8/1/2002  11:06 AM
Posted by Dan1078:

Just like Oak said, alot of the guys in the league smoke. That wouldnt be a detractor.

#2 Spree and Donyell's disagreements in GS wouldnt keep him off tehteam

dan you are absolutely right. off the court issues and team chemistry have nothing to do with building a basketball team. especially in the terms of millions of dollars.
Caseloads
Member: #41
8/1/2002  11:30 AM
Posted by Dan1078:

#2 Spree and Donyell's disagreements in GS wouldnt keep him off the team
to address #1, stoudy is in felony waters...
ClydeDaGlide
Member: #275
USA
8/1/2002  11:37 AM
Any chance we could get the blazers to throw in Woods?
I came here to drink beer and kick some ass, and we're almost out of beer...
Caseloads
8/1/2002  11:56 AM
Posted by ClydeDaGlide:

probably not.

i don't know why we aren't talking with GS about weatherspoon (who would be a veteran leader and willing PF backup) for fortson (who would be a young pf, willing to back up mcdyess).

then we could trade thomas and ward/eisley for van X.

ClydeDaGlide
USA
8/1/2002  11:59 AM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by ClydeDaGlide:

probably not.

i don't know why we aren't talking with GS about weatherspoon (who would be a veteran leader and willing PF backup) for fortson (who would be a young pf, willing to back up mcdyess).

Didn't the Warriors trade Spood away? Or was he let go...either way, why would Golden State want him back...especially at the price of Fortson...
Caseloads
8/1/2002  12:26 PM
Posted by ClydeDaGlide:
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by ClydeDaGlide:

probably not.

Didn't the Warriors trade Spood away? Or was he let go...either way, why would Golden State want him back...especially at the price of Fortson...
gs needs veterans & leadership. plus fortson is very unhappy in GS. he refuses to backup jamison at the 4.

i can't believe othella harrington used to be a starter in this league and now he's a has been basically. plus - i can't believe maurice taylor used to be an up and coming player and is now junk. (i know he was injured but he's still an afterthought)

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
8/1/2002  1:44 PM
Posted by nykinoz:

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to New York and Portland being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. New York and Portland had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement
-----------------

Ward has a 3mil buy-out after this season, Harrington is dirt cheap at about 3mil per, and Houston is a 20ppg scorer who will flourish with a low post presence (Wallace in PDX, McDyess in NY)

PDX
---
McInnis
Houston
Wells
Wallace
Sabonis

NY get a PG to push the offence in a much more uptempo fashion, and Davis is a perfect complemnt to McDyess.

Mouse
Spree
Anderson
McDyess
Davis

What do you guys think?

I would do the deal if Wells is included instead of Stoudamire. That way Thomas is expendable and they can try a make a move for NVE who I like more than Stoud.

This way the Knicks have:
Wells sf
Dice pf
Davis c
Spree sg
NVE g.

This team either win the east or explodes.
Caseloads
8/1/2002  3:08 PM
Posted by Vmart:
Posted by nykinoz:

TRADE ACCEPTED

-----------------

PDX
---
McInnis
Houston
Wells
Wallace
Sabonis

Mouse
Spree
Anderson
McDyess
Davis

What do you guys think?

I would do the deal if Wells is included instead of Stoudamire. That way Thomas is expendable and they can try a make a move for NVE who I like more than Stoud.

This way the Knicks have:
Wells sf
Dice pf
Davis c
Spree sg
NVE g.

This team either win the east or explodes.
totally true. portland would do it, especially since they are on the verge supposedly of resigning sabonis.
ClydeDaGlide
USA
8/1/2002  3:10 PM
Case:
You're right, I think if there is any possiblity of landing Fortson...especially when you talk about obtaining him for a player like Spoon...you have to investigate that option. Obviously, it's a no brainer, you do it if you can. He would provide a lot of help under the boards, he's a monster rebounder. I wouldn't say Mo Taylor has been forgotten...his stock has dropped, but I know he's still on my radar screen...
Extension of ESPN Insider rumor - NY/PDX

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy