[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Of the players 'left' available....
Author Thread
necrom33
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #234
USA
7/31/2002  12:42 PM
I just don't see anyone that can be signed that will significantly impact this team, and I don't necessarily mean Championship caliber impact.

At this point, maybe LayDUMB should grab his chips and take a break from the table. It's a gamble, granted, but let these Knicks run AS IS. I'd take the gamble and try to pull something off by the trade deadline instead. Right now teams KNOW how desperate NY is to unload somebody, ANYBODY, for a PG and C, and they are out to fleece LayDUMB with a passion.

Add to that the fact that supposedly LayDUMB leaked out rumors that he rejected a possible trade between Atlanta and NY, just to pump up Spree's value (as heard on WFAN) and the man is getting NO breaks.

I'm just worried that he will make a trade for the sake of making a trade. There IS some cap relief coming NY's way in the next couple of years (LJ and Longley, for example), and the FA crops will be a LOT better than this year's.

If it's a trade that helps, do it(like the Insider's KVH for Houston, IMO). But don't go and trade for a Stoudamaire(?).

Lastly, I read somewhere today, think it was the News, that LayDUMB's offer to Doleac is 7.5MM??? What' that about?
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
7/31/2002  1:15 PM
Posted by necrom33:

I just don't see anyone that can be signed that will significantly impact this team, and I don't necessarily mean Championship caliber impact.

At this point, maybe LayDUMB should grab his chips and take a break from the table. It's a gamble, granted, but let these Knicks run AS IS. I'd take the gamble and try to pull something off by the trade deadline instead. Right now teams KNOW how desperate NY is to unload somebody, ANYBODY, for a PG and C, and they are out to fleece LayDUMB with a passion.

Add to that the fact that supposedly LayDUMB leaked out rumors that he rejected a possible trade between Atlanta and NY, just to pump up Spree's value (as heard on WFAN) and the man is getting NO breaks.

I'm just worried that he will make a trade for the sake of making a trade. There IS some cap relief coming NY's way in the next couple of years (LJ and Longley, for example), and the FA crops will be a LOT better than this year's.

If it's a trade that helps, do it(like the Insider's KVH for Houston, IMO). But don't go and trade for a Stoudamaire(?).

Lastly, I read somewhere today, think it was the News, that LayDUMB's offer to Doleac is 7.5MM??? What' that about?
yeah i saw that 7.5 mil - nyk's are again, bidding against themselves. doleac has career avgs of 4 and 4 in 18 minutes. please!
Of the players 'left' available....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy