[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

ny/dallas
Author Thread
dmeesq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #124
7/30/2002  5:26 PM
Now that both Davis and Miller are unavailable, would anyone else do this deal, bearing in mind that NY gives up players with contracts expiring earlier than the players they would acquire?

NY-trades Ward, Spoon and Knight to Dallas
Dallas-trades Van Exel and Bradley to NY.

Trade works based on 2002-2003 salaries. Does it help us?
AUTOADVERT
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
7/30/2002  6:07 PM
Posted by dmeesq:

Now that both Davis and Miller are unavailable, would anyone else do this deal, bearing in mind that NY gives up players with contracts expiring earlier than the players they would acquire?

Trade works based on 2002-2003 salaries. Does it help us?

I'd do that deal, no question about it (if Dallas goes for it)....
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
7/30/2002  6:34 PM
I wouldn't, Bradley is awful and signed for a long time. This would leave the Knicks tied to Howard Eisley, Shandon Anderson and Shawn Bradley for years and years to come.

Maybe substituting ward for Eisley (yup, return to sender)

and/or

Knight for Anderson would make me consider it.

Ward is practically in the last year of his contract due to a buyout clause coupled with his player option (does anybody know the specifics of this BTW) and Knight is signed for two dreadful remaining seasons.

Shawn Bradley is signed untill 2007-2008 season... 6 frikking years of this stiff is too much to think about.

NVE is quite a good player though but not worth that misery named Bradley, and is signed himself untill 2005-2006 season but I wouldn't mind that.
nwny
Member: #284
7/31/2002  8:45 PM
No deal, the only person Dallas is interested in is Kurt Thomas. Layden has to decide if giving up Kurt is worth getting Nick. I think he’s waiting until he “fixes” the center situation before he goes after Nick, or any other point guard. Then Kurt will be more expendable than he currently is. BTW I just found out that Nick makes 10 mil per. Is he worth it? If we deal Kurt, we have to send them Eisley. We get a PG (who’s backing up Nash) making 10 mil, then we have to send them some “baggage”.
Example: “We get your explosive, but overpaid backup PG; you take our overpaid backup PG, and get some size (KT).” This is the only way this deal works. If we give them Ward, I think we get shafted in this deal.
Caseloads
Member: #41
7/31/2002  9:58 PM
Posted by nwny:
No deal, the only person Dallas is interested in is Kurt Thomas. Layden has to decide if giving up Kurt is worth getting Nick. I think he’s waiting until he “fixes” the center situation before he goes after Nick, or any other point guard. Then Kurt will be more expendable than he currently is. BTW I just found out that Nick makes 10 mil per. Is he worth it? If we deal Kurt, we have to send them Eisley. We get a PG (who’s backing up Nash) making 10 mil, then we have to send them some “baggage”.
Example: “We get your explosive, but overpaid backup PG; you take our overpaid backup PG, and get some size (KT).” This is the only way this deal works. If we give them Ward, I think we get shafted in this deal.
dallas sent us eisley to begin with!
nwny
Member: #284
8/1/2002  2:08 AM
dallas sent us eisley to begin with!
I know. But trades are about win, win. They need help us out a litte more. We're trading for a guy they are using a backup who makes 10 million per year??? This is going to help them big time. We need some help in return. For the same 10 mil they get the PF they need and they still get a backup PG. Everybody's happy.
ny/dallas

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy