USA
8/20/2001  9:16 PM
I think this is the roster:

Guards: 6 - Jackson, Ward, Eisley, Houston, Spree, Anderson
Forwards: 4 - LJ, Spoon, Othella, Thomas
Centers: 2 - Camby, Travis
Rookies: 2 – Wright, Chenowith
IR: 1 - Luc

Even with a trade that moves a point guard and maybe a forward for a backup center, the Knicks still have 12 players under contract (with Luc on the permanent IR). Chenowith is definitely gone and at best Wright is on the IR for the duration.

Postel doesn't even look like he could get garbage minutes. Does he even make the team this year? It would be sad to lose this prospect.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
8/20/2001  9:39 PM
I'd love to keep Postell on the roster, but if there isn't a spot for him we should sign-and-trade him to get a draft pick or something. He won't be picky and will agree to go anywhere he can see some minutes. A lot of teams will be interested in him because of his style of play. I don't want to deal him, but we might have to. We should just do first things first(trade ward) and see what opportunities pop up for Postell along the way. Trading ward could create space for him on our team, but if not we can deal with that later.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
8/20/2001  11:53 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

I'd love to keep Postell on the roster, but if there isn't a spot for him we should sign-and-trade him to get a draft pick or something.

A lot of teams will be interested in him because of his style of play.

I think you are over valuing Postel. Yes he could be an NBA player, a starter even, but we haven't seen enough of him to really tell. At most trading him would garner a 2nd round pick.

I do believe a while back the Knicks offered him the maximum they needed to keep him on the team. Expect him to start the year with the team....I doub't Chenowith will be there, possibly Wright but who knows.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
mtessler
Member: #34
USA
8/21/2001  2:06 AM
I'd rather have postel than chenowith or wright. He's got potential... the other two should prepare for a nice career over-seas
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/21/2001  10:08 AM
Micheal Wright has been compared to Anthony Mason without the attitude so it may be too early to say he doesn't have potential. I think we should keep him at least on the IR for this year unless we can get something for him in either sign-and-trade or he makes a good throw-in for another trade.
vysions
Member: #39
USA
8/21/2001  11:50 AM
Postel does have some talent. We should try and keep him whatever way we can. Remember LJ "says" he is healthy. Lets be real here. LJ once the season or even the camp starts could be back on IR in a flash.
Lets not consider LJ as a real part of the team until we know his true
health status. Greed makes someone feel very healthy when it comes to that many millions. Lets see when he starts to really play again. I have my doubts. So LJ and LUC are IR's in my roster.

PG Mark Jackson / Howard Eisley /(Ward hopefully traded)rookie here
SG Allan Houston / Shandon Anderson / Postel
SF Latrell Spreewell / Shandon / Othella Harrington
PF Kurt Thomas / Clarence Weatherspoon / Michael Wright
C Marcus Camby / Travis Knight (hopefully gone for real center)

IR LUC and LJ most of year

Chenowith has no place unless they get rid of Knight...
Not sure who is better in that deal either...but one has to go.

RemBee76
Member: #89
USA
8/21/2001  12:36 PM
Call me crazy, but I think Wright is more valuable to this team than Postell.

Guys like Wight are just more rare. He is a tough as nails, physical banger inside, who loves doing the games dirty work. He plays with great intensity and makes his presence felt under the boards. There have been comparisons between him and Charles Oakley and Anthony Mason. How many guys like that are around the league? Every team needs a guy who makes the contributions that don't always show up in the stats. Wright will be great at that imo.

Postell, meanwhile, will never be a star in the league. He will be a solid player with time, yes, perhaps a starter, but really never more than a role-player. Guys like that you can trade for at any time (We got one this off-season in Anderson).

Its like a groupie website, or bitter ex-wives club. -Sebstar
mtessler
USA
8/21/2001  4:45 PM
Did anyone here watch the summer league games? Wright stunk it up on most occasions. He is an undersized PF, the last thing the knicks need. I have no idea why we even drafted him when loren woods was still available.
mtessler
USA
8/21/2001  4:48 PM
And another thing... sure he grabbed a few boards in the summer league games but i doubt he could do the same in a real nba game. I love his intesity but his size is too much of a problem. And we already have thomas who can do the dirty work as well as anyone else in the league.
Caseloads
Member: #41
8/21/2001  8:03 PM
Posted by mtessler:

And another thing... sure he grabbed a few boards in the summer league games but i doubt he could do the same in a real nba game. I love his intesity but his size is too much of a problem. And we already have thomas who can do the dirty work as well as anyone else in the league.
yeah
RemBee76
Member: #89
USA
8/21/2001  8:42 PM
I totally disagree. I am not knocking Thomas, but he does not do the dirty work as well as anyone else in the league. Were you watching the playoffs last season? Thomas had a nice series, but the Knicks were getting out-hustled and out-muscled inside. Thomas made JYD look good. Thomas brings other things to the floor, but you are kidding yourself if you think the Knicks lost nothing when we lost Oakley. Thomas just does not replace what Oak brought.

Now, I am not saying that Wright can, just that he has the potential. And what he has the potential to bring to the floor is more valuable than what Postell can bring.

p.s. I'm with you on the Loren Woods debacle.
Its like a groupie website, or bitter ex-wives club. -Sebstar
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
8/22/2001  12:12 AM
Posted by RemBee76:

I'm with you on the Loren Woods debacle.

Did anyone hear the rumor that the GM's around the league let Woods slip to the Wolves so that they would get something of a first round quality pick? I don't know why other teams would do that, but it seems weird that every team in the league passed on a player with size, something almost ever team is looking for.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
VG
Member: #68
Australia
8/22/2001  1:41 AM
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by RemBee76:

I'm with you on the Loren Woods debacle.

Did anyone hear the rumor that the GM's around the league let Woods slip to the Wolves so that they would get something of a first round quality pick? I don't know why other teams would do that, but it seems weird that every team in the league passed on a player with size, something almost ever team is looking for.

I heard that rumour but I think the reason he went so late is because he has an attitute problem or something like that.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
8/22/2001  7:39 AM
Don't throw in Wright with a trade.

Chenowith will do.

Weis would be perfect for a throw in.
Whither Postel?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy