First Semester report card
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/27/2006  9:03 AM
Its that time of the year.

Isisah: Incomplete. Incompletes suck by the way. Does not play well with others. Needs to get a backup point.

Larry: B-.

Props in a couple of areas. 1. Not much was expected so record not shocking. Worse than expected! But Marbury is playing latley at allstar levels running the team and producing. 2. He is developing rookies, a very un-knick trait. with an eye toward the future, he is fundamentally doing the right things. Second half will really tell the story.
I would fail him if team was established prior to him being here, had a say in the construction of roster, was not playing rookies, and if just based on record.

Marbs: B+ and rising.

By george he is getting it. Up and down first half of season, but he is running the team and was key in the win streak. He is showing flashes of brilliance and might be the first sign of hope! Also leadership traits might be apparent!

Craw: C-:

Has shown some glimpse of being the player he can be in the larry system but woefully inconsistant. When time to step up for Steph he looked awful.

Nate: B-,

any rookie in the rotation gets a "B" grade. He is the class clown. IQ still questioned, but an athletic freak. He hit a game winner, and is eager.

David Lee: B+, learned a new postition and significant minutes. A rebounding machine and shooting accuracy is great. Passing is excellent. A bit of a tweener but a keeper!

Channing: A-, Top 3 ROY candidate and a our future hope! Needs to work on defense and rebounding. ONce done he is allstar material if he can progress in 3 years.

Reezy: C. Still young, and trying. Larry has asked him to do more ball handling and work on the perimeter. This is different than last year when he was always attacking the basket away from the ball. Sure he has fallen back in that aspect, but he working on fundamentals and I give him some rookie status as he is still young. He has become a bit of a defensive stopper covering shooting guards and doing a good job there. The grade is for defense!

QDog: C. Still new in the system but not not living up to his offensive prowess cred and still suspect Defense. "C" grade is more of an incomplete as he has much more to show us.

Eddy: C. He has reasons/excuses for his lackluster start. Would not take much to get his grade higher. Stay healthy, stay on the floor, raise rebounding numbers.

James: F. Need I explain.

Malik Rose: C-. Kinda hard to grade him, but he is not the leader I had hoped, and not a bad player, just no reason to play him.

AD: B. He has been solid on and off the court. Running in the stands was stupid, but not a team thing. I might have given him a "+" if not for that. His defense is important for us.

Penny: F. Does not even show up for class.

Jackie Blue: C. The kid can play, just not getting any burn.

Team C-. My expectaions were low. So much youth it would have been unrealistic to expect much more. We had a nice winning streak and many games have been close. James and Curry's slow starts really held things back and lineup changes not helping. But in fairness, no lineup has demonstrated itself to warrant going with it. Larry is using a roster he is not comfortable using. Isiah did not have larry in mind in the off season. 5 wins the other way and its not so bad. Time is running out. My grade is generous but there are circumstances. Duplicate the next 41 games and they get an F. I want to see progress demonstrated with wins!
AUTOADVERT
First Semester report card

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy