OngBok
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #894
Thailand
1/26/2006  5:52 PM

Qyntel Woods
Birthdate:
NBA Position: SG/SF
College: Northeast Mississippi CC (in Booneville MS)
Class: Sophomore
Ht: 6-9
Wt: 230
Hometown: Memphis, TN
High School: Carver
2001 Stats

Athleticism: 9 Size: 10
Defense: 9 Strength: 8
Quickness: 9 Leadership: 8
Jump Shot: 10 NBA Ready: 8
Passing: 9 Potential: 10
Ball Handling: 10 Intangibles: 8

Overall: 108

NBA Comparison: Tracy McGrady

Strengths: (Based on hearsay) Possibly the most talented prospect in the entire 2002 NBA Draft if he declares. Has skills that are unteachable. Part of the new breed of NBA players, of the Tracy McGrady, multi-skilled, ultra athletic types. A do it all player. One NBA insider I spoke to said he will be a top 3 pick and may end up the best player in the entire draft class.Comparing him to McGrady, he probably isn't the run jump athlete but his handle and shot are better. More importantly, "He's a good kid. I've met him and talked with his family, and he may not have taken the usual course to the NBA, but he's a good kid." Very versatile, extremely skilled wing player, with great size and quickness. Can handle the basketball extremely well at 6-9, scores with a variety of moves to the basket, and has a nice shooting stroke. Explosive player with very good scoring ability.

Weaknesses: The Juco stigma. Kedrick Brown paved the way, jumping from a Juco player to being a lottery pick. However, he has had a slow start in Boston struggling for minutes. There will be no shortage of NBA scouts following Woods development this season.

Recruiting analyst Bob Gibbons says that some pro scouts are calling him another Tracy McGrady.

Here's what Gibbons had to say about Woods:
A team that may surprise a lot of people is Memphis. They've got the best juco player in the country in this Qyntel Woods (6-8, NE Mississippi JC). Talking to NBA scouts that have been to see him, they think he's Tracy McGrady. He can play point guard, second guard, small forward. I've talked to three NBA scouts that have been down there and they say if he comes out he would be taken among the top two or three picks. Of course, for (John) Calipari -- who's already lost Amare Stoudemire (6-10, Orlando), who will definitely go pro -- the challenge is to keep Woods by saying, "I can get you better prepared to go to NBA."

Slam Magazine - PAID DUES
USA Today - Making the big leap of faith
Signee has promising future, but are the Tigers in it?
Woods's mother atop his concerns for their future
Recruiting roundtable: Help on the way at Carolina
Qyntel Woods signs with Tigers

Stats
Darius Miles
Birthdate:
NBA Position: Small Forward
College: St. John's
Class: HS Sr.
Ht: 6-9
Wt: 200
Hometown: East St. Louis, IL
High School: Lincoln
Basketball Phenoms Profile
Fox Sports Profile

Athleticism: 10 Size: 10
Defense: 8 Strength: 7
Quickness: 10 Leadership: 7
Jump Shot: 6 NBA Ready: 5
Passing: 8 Potential: 10
Ball Handling: 8 Intangibles: 9

Overall: 98
NBA Comparison: Tracy McGrady

Strengths: A freak athletically. Super quickness. Very fast running the floor. Future wing player. Upside is tremendous. Has developed a nice crossover and like his idol KG, likes to play away from the basket and take players off the drizzy.

Weaknesses: Underdeveloped body. Needs to get alot stronger. Very raw skills. Jump shot has no range. Will take a while before he can contribute. Must learn on the fly.

I like Woods personally in this comparison. Just look at our last game, he had 14pts and 12rebs !! Plus he is already here and no big contract to swallow !!
Isiah Thomas will lead us back to the playoffs in 2006 !!!
AUTOADVERT
MaulingandAppalling
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #884
1/26/2006  5:58 PM
Q2 hands down.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
1/26/2006  6:03 PM
These are draft profiles?
Recruiting analyst Bob Gibbons says that some pro scouts are calling him another Tracy McGrady.
Kind of out dated. Anyone who thinks Woods is another TMac now better get their head examined.
Whether or not I want Darius here is one thing but I take him over Woods in a heartbeat.

[Edited by - MaTT4281 on 01-26-2006 6:04 PM]
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/26/2006  6:09 PM
He's a good kid, that kills dogs.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/26/2006  6:13 PM
Woods is more of a NY type of player. His attitude and court demeanor is something I love. He's strong too. Nice powerful body. His game is stream lined. Meaning he just does what he has to do. Nothing extra. He's shown a little ice water in his veins. Kind of a hint of a killer instinct.

Woods is turning out to be my favorite Knick. I hope he sticks.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

1/26/2006  6:15 PM
Posted by Panos:

He's a good kid, that kills dogs.

Come on man let it go already.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/26/2006  7:39 PM
Reading Qdogs bio I can't see any of it. Where is the skills? The shot? Etc?

Good kid? Tourtures dogs! Thats not a good kid, thats a kid detached from morality. Ok, dudes make mistakes, but that report on his charactor and skill set is wrong.

He our boy, and I hope he becomes T-Mac. Bad back and all!
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/26/2006  8:05 PM
Darius is better, but Q Wodos is showing signs of being a solid player.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/26/2006  8:37 PM
what about Harold Minor? he had a nice scouting report on him too... Bring back Baby Jordan!
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
1/26/2006  8:40 PM
Not even close. Q Woods had one good game. Miles had steadily improved to the point where he was AVERAGING 18 and 6, 1.5 blocks (Woods will never do that), 1.3 stls. If they were both FAs right now, Darius would get about 40 times as much as Woods. (Maybe 40 mil vs. 1 mil.)
EnySpree

1/26/2006  9:47 PM
I guess no one is willing to actually like a player until they get the stats.

So Woods sucks cuz his value right now is maybe 1 mil compared to 40 mil with Miles? If Woods finishes the season scoring double figures and producing he will get his share of contract offers.

All I gotta say is I'm glad that Portland and Miami gave up on him. Their loss and hopefully the Knicks gain. The guy looks great.
OngBok
Member: #894
Thailand
1/26/2006  11:10 PM
^^^^^^^^^
Exactly !!!!!!!!!!!
Isiah Thomas will lead us back to the playoffs in 2006 !!!
SlimPack
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1009
USA
1/26/2006  11:21 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

So Woods sucks cuz his value right now is maybe 1 mil compared to 40 mil with Miles? If Woods finishes the season scoring double figures and producing he will get his share of contract offers.

All I gotta say is I'm glad that Portland and Miami gave up on him. Their loss and hopefully the Knicks gain. The guy looks great.

yeah but why would you value a player for what he might do over a player that already does it? qwoods had a good game the other night but until he proves that he can put up similar numbers on an at least semi consistent basis it means about as much as malik roses 13pt 9reb game that he had against the sixers. although in actuality I would prefer not to go after miles becuase he is another low iq non-LB type player but I actually kinda hope this trade happens becuase ultimately I think it will lead to isiah getting fired faster.
EnySpree

1/27/2006  1:07 AM
Posted by SlimPack:
Posted by EnySpree:

yeah but why would you value a player for what he might do over a player that already does it? qwoods had a good game the other night but until he proves that he can put up similar numbers on an at least semi consistent basis it means about as much as malik roses 13pt 9reb game that he had against the sixers. although in actuality I would prefer not to go after miles becuase he is another low iq non-LB type player but I actually kinda hope this trade happens becuase ultimately I think it will lead to isiah getting fired faster.

So make the trade to fire Isiah?.....about Miles low IQ....yeah he has a low IQ. I actually wanted him early on but with Woods here why bother with Miles?

If Woods can continue to play well then we got a steal....a huge steal. Why can't you say that? If the guy can continue to score and rebound while getting better on defense than this kid is the diamond in the rough the Knicks need.....and the answer at the 3 for the next few years.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/27/2006  9:08 AM
Posted by EnySpree:

We about due for a good "break"!

joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
1/27/2006  9:18 AM
I agree with Eny, I like Woods ALOT and Miles would prolly be redundant, but i would rather have Miles than Patterson. Maybe we can use AD to get Ratliff and some filler and draft picks
~You can't run from who you are.~
Qyntel Woods vs. Darius Miles

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy