[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
JBClax18
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #866
USA
1/25/2006  6:30 PM
ok this guys got great talent but i dont think we should have taken him 19 yrs old after 1 year at ucla. i dont think its the best resume for us to take on.
somedays i love the guys most of the days i hate the guy
he has so much energy on the floor and knows the ways to get the Garden Crowd back into the game. The bad thing is his turnover problem. He steals the ball and shoots terribly but most of all he truns the ball over
HE also takes the worst shot selection possible
he tries to do the marbury where you get fouled and throw up the ball and it goes in except he doesnt get fouled and either misses the shot or he travels...

thanx trevor
good luck in the development league
Fighting Illini
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/25/2006  6:33 PM
what do you expect from the 43rd overall pick in the draft. It's a miracle he's even playing! I agree though, he really needs to go to the D-league and work on everything

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 01-25-2006 6:37 PM]
JBClax18
USA
1/25/2006  6:34 PM
dude cmon he wasnt worth it
Fighting Illini
JBClax18
USA
1/25/2006  6:35 PM
i actually got a good idea for the knicks
have them hire 5 more assistant coaches kinda like that other team with 8 asistant coaches
then youbg players liek ariza, nate, and lee will develope
Fighting Illini
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
1/25/2006  6:37 PM
- the Knicks have the most assistant coaches in the league. believe the number is 6.
- 43rd pick. Someone please look up the 43rd picks of previous years.
- Buy low, sell high. When would you rather have picked ariza up? If or when he blossoms into a star, or an athletic guy who also has a nice jumpshot?
http://allknicks.com
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
1/25/2006  7:00 PM
I agree about Trevor, I just don't like the fact that people are saying that you shouldn't expect so much from a 43'rd pick. Not long ago everyone was saying how Trevor was a budding star in the NBA.. you can't have it both ways.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/25/2006  7:09 PM
people are saying he's still only 21 and blaming the fact that he doesn't know how to play basketball on his age, as if he was a lottery pick talent, when in rality he was the 43rd pick and it's a miracle he's even playing.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 01-25-2006 7:10 PM]
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/25/2006  11:10 PM
Posted by JBClax18:

dude cmon he wasnt worth it
Who would you have picked 43rd? Who did we pass on who was worth it?

JBClax18
USA
1/26/2006  9:52 AM
could someone find me a link where it shows ariza being drafted 43 in 2002
i cant find it anywhere
Fighting Illini
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/26/2006  9:55 AM
Posted by JBClax18:

could someone find me a link where it shows ariza being drafted 43 in 2002
i cant find it anywhere

wow dude, you have some catching up to do:
http://www.nbadraft.net/index.asp
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
JBClax18
USA
1/26/2006  9:58 AM
my bad welll actually nba.com bad check this out
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/trevor_ariza/index.html

says he was drafted in 2002 when he really was in 2004
Fighting Illini
JBClax18
USA
1/26/2006  10:05 AM
what do you expect from the 43rd overall pick in the draft. It's a miracle he's even playing! I agree though, he really needs to go to the D-league and work on everything- said gunsnewing

well what can you expect from the 43 overall pick
huh lets see i did a little research and how about michael redd drafted 43 from the milwauke bucks in 2000.
and how bout some guys drafted later than 43 lets see in 2003 mo williams was drafted 47 by utah
Fighting Illini
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/26/2006  10:06 AM
yeah, the Knicks part of the NBA.com site sucks.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/26/2006  10:22 AM
And how could we have passed on such players as Bernard Robinson & Pape Sow- they look like the only two players out of 16 taken after Ariza that still are associated with the NBA- looks like Sow is in D League and Robinson averaging 5pts for the bobcats.

Ariza has taken a step back with Brown- and given that Brown has bemoaned having to play rookies, didn't have Frye active for the first game, played him with 2 30pt games and a slew of 20 pt efforts, then plays him hardly any minutes- buried Lee for the first part of the season, watches him put up some incredible numbers, effort and play, then doesn't play him last night-

Given all this, I don't think Ariza is bad- I think what we saw last year- an energetic athletic player with a nose for the ball- is what he is. And, if he can improve his shot, handle and passing- he will do well and we will be lucky to have had him...
Bippity10
Member: #574
1/26/2006  11:10 AM
franco12: Did you watch the last couple games when Frye, Robinson and Lee were given a chance to play without threat from the vets. I don't think they really took advantage of the situation. If they had, they would have gotten more minutes last night. You have to earn your minutes. You can't quit for 5 games, get blown out and then expect your job to be safe the next week. Until we have consistent players, we will not have a consistent rotation.
I just hope that people will like me
MS
Member: #724
1/26/2006  11:22 AM
He was 43rd and it was a good pick at the time, but the guy is terrible he improved nothing from last year, his strength his shooting and his ballhandling are all terrible, and he does is get a tip dunk every now and again, he belongs out of the rotation and I would try to trade him for a late first or an early second.....

I would much rather sign a guy like Diaw in his place in the offseason
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/26/2006  11:27 AM
Posted by Bippity10:

franco12: Did you watch the last couple games when Frye, Robinson and Lee were given a chance to play without threat from the vets. I don't think they really took advantage of the situation. If they had, they would have gotten more minutes last night. You have to earn your minutes. You can't quit for 5 games, get blown out and then expect your job to be safe the next week. Until we have consistent players, we will not have a consistent rotation.

You know I haven't been watching too much of the games lately- its hard to find time to watch bad basketball.

I'm firmly in the fire larry brown & isiah camp at this point. There have been times that out of time outs, we run a set play for malik rose and the result is aweful.

when frye sucks- he has an excuse- he's young. when malik sucks, he has an excuse- he has no gas left & is not talented.
JBClax18
USA
1/26/2006  11:34 AM
i have no problem with the knicks after the loss last night
when steph plays with the rotation hes been playing with for the last 10 games the team is looking like an above 500 team
Fighting Illini
Bippity10
Member: #574
1/26/2006  11:39 AM
Posted by franco12:
Posted by Bippity10:

You know I haven't been watching too much of the games lately- its hard to find time to watch bad basketball.

I'm firmly in the fire larry brown & isiah camp at this point. There have been times that out of time outs, we run a set play for malik rose and the result is aweful.

when frye sucks- he has an excuse- he's young. when malik sucks, he has an excuse- he has no gas left & is not talented.

But that's the thing about rebuilding, you can't coach for this year. Rebuilding teams make the same mistakes over and over again. They hand their young guys minutes and these guys never develop. Everyone looks at Lebron and Kobe and thinks players will develop like that if they just got time. You may notice that the guys that develop into winners the quickest are the guys that have to earn their minutes on veteran teams(having a good team doesn't hurt).

Basketball is a game of habits. You must break players of bad habits and help them develop good ones. If a player has bad habits on the court you cannot cure them by sitting back and letting this continue just because the player is young. Instead you go back to the drawing board in practice and when that player starts to lose that habit he begins to earn his time back. This is how players develop. Fighting for minutes. You cannot play hard when you are fighting for minutes and then regress when you get those minutes and still expect to get time.

If you watch Jim Calhoun at all he coaches the same way. By tournament time this guy has a set 8-9 man unbending rotation. During this part of the season there is no rhyme or reason to his substitions. You make one mistake and you immediately come out, only to go back in when the next guy makes a mistake. Some games no one plays more than 3 minutes at a time. Why does he do this? He does it with number one teams and he does it with unranked teams. Why? Because he demands perfection early so that these guys are not making the same mistakes come tournament time. In the last 17 years how many times has Uconn played a poor game and gotten upset in the tournament? There is a reason why that answer is none.

We are in a rebuilding stage right now. It is time for our rookies to learn how to play the game right. They must scratch and claw for everything they have so that they understand how to win games. Getting blown out of games and showing no effort just because your captain misses a couple games is not winning basketball and should not be rewarded by being handed 35 minutes a night. We are trying to build a long-term winner. Firings and handing gusy minutes because of age is not the way to do that. Hate Malik all you want but the guy earned his time last night because he was the only person willing to defend.

[Edited by - bippity10 on 01-26-2006 11:41 AM]
I just hope that people will like me
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
1/27/2006  9:41 AM
Posted by MS:

He was 43rd and it was a good pick at the time, but the guy is terrible he improved nothing from last year, his strength his shooting and his ballhandling are all terrible, and he does is get a tip dunk every now and again, he belongs out of the rotation and I would try to trade him for a late first or an early second.....

I would much rather sign a guy like Diaw in his place in the offseason

MS, I actually sort of agree with you....trev has regressed alot in my view too, and I was giving him some MAJOR props this off season...

i would give Q2 some burn see where he is at...he honestly has the mOST potential of any of our wing players, IMO, and i want to see if lB can John Lucas him and get him to play the way he should be playing.
~You can't run from who you are.~

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy