[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

news is slow
Author Thread
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
7/29/2002  7:49 AM
Oh how I wish the office where I'm working had a decent AC.

anyways, two interesting bits. First a chat wrap with Jerry West where the last question is actually interesting.
Jim (Cincinnati): I've always wondered how do trade talks start? I mean do you call and say "Hey would you let this guy go or what do you think of so and so"? also how often are you actually talking to other teams about possible moves?

Jerry West: It happens at certain times during the season. Teams will call teams that have lots of talent at one position but weak at another. I think needs can be addressed better through trades than through the draft. You get talent in the draft, you address needs by trades. But the time of the year really dictates when trades are dicussed.

http://dynamic.espn.go.com/espn/chat/chatESPN?event_id=2086

Further is anypost article stating the obvious, Layden is going after Doleac and there's no smokescreen about it.
A player with perimeter presence, Doleac is a 6.2 career scorer. The Knicks sent their director of pro player personnel, Jay Hillock, to scout one of Doleac's workouts last week. The Knicks, one of the league's smallest teams last year, got even smaller when they moved oft-injured 7-0 Marcus Camby in the draft night deal for McDyess

http://www.nypost.com/sports/nets/46005.htm
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
7/29/2002  10:11 AM
If the Knicks can get a deal done with Doleac by the end of the week or the beginning of next week, they will be able to concentrate on trying to swing one more good trade by training camp. If they can't do that i still like how we look. It's great improvement from last season no question.
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
7/29/2002  10:46 AM
I'll be pleased if the NYK add some young size/talent that will bang.

Ruben Boumtje Boumtje, Obinna Ekezie or Mamadou N'diaye all come to mind. Cheap but young, raw and tall..-)
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
7/30/2002  4:22 AM
It looks like they'll get Doleac, and then they need to make a move for a PG. The news is indeed slow, but hopefully those things will get done before the season starts...
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
7/31/2002  7:16 AM
http://www.nypost.com/sports/nets/19914.htm

short article, CC rider just a signature away while Doleac isn't there quite yet.

However, contrary to the daily news article, which stated Doleac would sign the million dollar exception (1.4 mil) this article says
The Knicks and the 6-11 Doleac will unite; it just hasn't happened yet. An agreement is expected later this week, with Doleac accepting a three-year deal worth a reported $7.5 million.

This doesn't make me happy, see other post regarding Nesterovic or else think about Keon Clark, Rodney Rogers, Troy Hudson, Jeff McInnis..etc not having signed yet to a deal.
news is slow

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy