[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Keon for Bonzi?
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
8/20/2001  3:09 PM
Thats the rumor that is going around. Bonzi Wells would go to Toronto and Keon Clark plus a filler like Dell Curry would go back to Portland.

Speaking as Knicks fan, i am praying that this deal doesn't happen. Wells could be the 5th element to their success and with him, i'm not sure if New York would still be the better team. Lets just hope this trade falls threw. Thoughts?
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Member: #41
8/21/2001  1:31 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

Thats the rumor that is going around. Bonzi Wells would go to Toronto and Keon Clark plus a filler like Dell Curry would go back to Portland.

Speaking as Knicks fan, i am praying that this deal doesn't happen. Wells could be the 5th element to their success and with him, i'm not sure if New York would still be the better team. Lets just hope this trade falls threw. Thoughts?
Why would Keon for Bonzi actually happen (from Portland's perspective, as we know that the Raps would do this in an instant)?

Let's break this down -
Portland has 3 Starting Quality PF's
An all-star, first name Rasheed.
Double D, Dale Davis
S. Klump, Kemp

They have a Great rookie PF - Zach Randolph.

Now is Keon better than any of those guys? No. Can Keon Play Center better than any of those guys (or handle Shaq better than any of those guys?) No. Why trade Bonzi then?!? Unless Portland plans on trading away Dale Davis and Keon in a package for someone else (like Vlade Divac/Elden Campbell), but probably not.
Knixkik
USA
8/22/2001  12:15 PM
Keon may not have the strength to compete with Shaq, but he does have height and athletism and that why everyone likes a guy like him. You are right about one thing though; i can't see Portland doing it either, but it is still a possibility. My thought is we should make an offer for Clark either straight up or in a three-team deal. He is supposibly on the block because of Toronto being stacked with back-up centers. He would bring a lot of excitement to new york and we would just have another player to look forward to.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/22/2001  3:40 PM
I am not even sure this trade works from the Toronto point of view. They already have Childs, Alvin, Carter, Mo Perterson, Tracy Murray in the backcourt and only Hakeem and Davis as regulars in the tall positions. By doing the trade they give up a big man where they are thin and add a redundant player.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
USA
8/23/2001  10:20 AM
Right now they have 5 centers on the roster not including AD. They have about 3 power forward and 2 solid point guards so they're set there. Even though they have Murray and Curry backing up Peterson and Cater, they still aren't happy with either one of the two reserves and want to improve by adding another good swingman. I'm sure they would love to get Wells or anyone like him. They would also improve by trading clark for someone like Harrington and future picks.
Keon for Bonzi?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy