[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What will happen if we go 5-12 and end up being W18-L38 at the end of Feb?
Author Thread
OAK
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #957
Japan
1/22/2006  7:32 AM
If the loss keeps mounting and no progress is made by end of Feb, I think Isiah will be gone.

I mean what has he accomplished? It's one thing if the Curry trade didn't happen, and we still had the picks for this yr and next. Draft is Isiah's only strength, and it's looking highly likely that we seriously had the chance of drafting the likes of Aldridge, Morrison, Gay, etc. But that no longer in the picture. We don't have a lot of assets - just the youth, which Isiah publicly declared untouchable. The vets got no value on the market. We got no cap space to sign a good FA. We su*k real bad. I mean we stink. This is worse than the Eisley, Shandon, Knight era - at least we had Camby, Spree, Ward, H20, KT, etc then, and we played hard.

I think Isiah will try to make another desperation trade using the expiring contracts to save his ass, but he'll end up netting us the likes of Jalen Rose or Ratlif. He needs to go after Artest! That'll win the fans back, and make the team much better defensively and tough.

What do you think will happen if we see no progress for another month like having a record of 18-38 at the end of Feb?

[Edited by - OAK on 01-22-2006 07:34 AM]
AUTOADVERT
nykshaknbake
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #492
1/22/2006  10:03 AM
If that happens, Isiah is defeintly responsible but I dun want to see sweeping changes on top of the sweeping changes we already made the start of the season. Whenever, you make sweeping changes, teams will suck. You gotta give more than half a season to evaluate them..we overturned most of our orster this past season. If we do that again, I don't see how we'll ever get any stability. Esp w/ Brown's tendency to start poorly.
MaulingandAppalling
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #884
1/22/2006  8:22 PM
What could Isiah have done differently? He landed the consensus choice for best coach in basketball (I think LB is overrated, but within the league he is always called the "best" by gm's and players), he drafted amazingly as usual, he got the only available big man in Curry, he stole Qyntel for nothing. This entire season is LB's fault, not Isiah's. The only regrettable move Isiah made is signing Snacks, and that's not a fireable offense. Yes, he gave away our draft pick with the Curry trade, but he was and is obviously planning to squeeze a draft pick out of Penny's contract, so we'll have a first round pick AND Curry. Given the mess that Layden made, Isiah has worked miracles here. Why is it that Isiah receives so much criticism for making decent moves, while Layden was hardly ever criticized by the national media at all? I never once saw an expose of Layden's "deals" on ESPN.
OAK
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #957
Japan
2/28/2006  12:17 AM
Knicks this season:

OCT W3-L4
NOV W5-L9
DEC W2-L12
JAN W7-L9
FEB W1-L11

So far: W15 - L41

DOLAN+MILLS+ISIAH = BUSH+CHANEY+RAMSFELD

Anything but these fools...

Isiah needs to go. In fact, I want someone to kidnap Dolan/Isiah/Mills and take them to Guantanamo Bay. I want MSG to go bunkrupt so that they will have to sell the Knicks. That way, they will be forced to trade the overpaid crap we got for peanuts. I'm fine with that. Restructuring means dismantling what is not working. Get picks and start afresh. Build with youth.

With responsible management, Knicks will be able to rebuild in a few yrs time. NY teams have much bigger advantages compared to teams in places like Milwaukee or Utah. If you build something decent to start with, it'll be easy to build a real contender as players want to be part of NY groove.

We must refuse to accept the curent mess. Let the "FIRE ISIAH" chant explode in the garden and on the streets of NY. It's time NY fans to take action and bring back pride and respect in NY.
What will happen if we go 5-12 and end up being W18-L38 at the end of Feb?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy