[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

jalen rose has been on fire
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/21/2006  1:30 AM
to bad he couldnt have shown this 10 games into the season when we probably couldve had Rose and James for an ending contract
that wouldve gave us a 9 man set of

Curry
Davis
Rose
James
Marbury
Frye
Taylor
Lee
Crawford
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/21/2006  1:36 AM
is it worth the extra $32 mil next year?

my answer: no

only two ways i take back jalen:
1. we move marbury for jalen + 2 #1's
OR
2. we get bosh as a throw-in, you know, to make salaries match
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

1/21/2006  2:11 AM
Either the Knicks trade Marbs or they make a deal like this to try to save the season.....Jalen is a scorer, period.....if the dude had a chance to play all the time in NY he would prove that. The Knicks desparately need a guy to get points when it seems like no one else can....and has the skill to make plays if he gets doubled.....That's Jalen Rose......especially for a 1 1/2 year rental.

Penny for Rose.......either do it or trade Marbs....do something. It's about time to make a drastic move. The knicks have their hands in both baskets.......time to pick which road to travel.

[Edited by - enyspree on 01-21-2006 02:21 AM]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
1/21/2006  2:35 AM
The wind is blowing and Briggs opinions keep on a changing.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
1/21/2006  3:39 AM
Briggs, I remember precisely where you stated that the Knicks should not acquire Jalen Rose. Now you are saying too bad we didn't acquire him. But you have to know that he probably wouldn't have been "on fire" with the Knicks.

"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/21/2006  8:55 AM
[quote]
Posted by bigpimpin:

Briggs, I remember precisely where you stated that the Knicks should not acquire Jalen Rose. Now you are saying too bad we didn't acquire him. But you have to know that he probably wouldn't have been "on fire" with the Knicks.

Funny how blatant someone can turn your words around. I never said it was too bad we didnt acquire him, I said it was to bad he wasnt playing as well as he is now 10 games into the season. And yes I said dont touch him, who would at that point? The guy was shooting 35% averaging 8 points with a two year max contract. Now if he was playing like the last 7-8 games--its a no-brainer, I dont care what anyone says, if Jalen was playing 22-4-4 55% of course hes worth it. Is he worth it now that hes got things going? Only with Mike James and the Denver pick, but it wont happen.

RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/21/2006  11:57 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

to bad he couldnt have shown this 10 games into the season when we probably couldve had Rose and James for an ending contract
that wouldve gave us a 9 man set of

Curry
Davis
Rose
James
Marbury
Frye
Taylor
Lee
Crawford

So sad, so much regret, so much yearning for others, failed trades, draft picks gone by, a tear, a sigh, and the loney road we walk to another NBA game, and dreams of what could have been.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/21/2006  12:17 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

[quote]
Posted by bigpimpin:

Funny how blatant someone can turn your words around. I never said it was too bad we didnt acquire him, I said it was to bad he wasnt playing as well as he is now 10 games into the season. And yes I said dont touch him, who would at that point? The guy was shooting 35% averaging 8 points with a two year max contract. Now if he was playing like the last 7-8 games--its a no-brainer, I dont care what anyone says, if Jalen was playing 22-4-4 55% of course hes worth it. Is he worth it now that hes got things going? Only with Mike James and the Denver pick, but it wont happen.

So earlier in the year you didn't think Jalen was going to come out of his funk?

I figured he would- you don't get a year older and just loose all your skills- and I have a feeling that Jalen is like Sam Cassell- smooth and silky touch- doesn't matter if he ages, just keeps going and getting it down.

I would have taken him then if there was more included (pick?+)
I see three reasons why it might not have happened

Isiah doesn't like him or his game
Isiah can't add more salary, even with a pick
Toronto wouldn't pay up to save on the last year of his deal
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/21/2006  12:22 PM
Posted by franco12:

[quote]Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by bigpimpin:

So earlier in the year you didn't think Jalen was going to come out of his funk?

I figured he would- you don't get a year older and just loose all your skills- and I have a feeling that Jalen is like Sam Cassell- smooth and silky touch- doesn't matter if he ages, just keeps going and getting it down.

I would have taken him then if there was more included (pick?+)
I see three reasons why it might not have happened

Isiah doesn't like him or his game
Isiah can't add more salary, even with a pick
Toronto wouldn't pay up to save on the last year of his deal

His defense is suspect, and its more cap. Unless they want to really sweeten the pot and give us a no. 1 pick, it ain't happening.
jalen rose has been on fire

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy