Can People Stop Overreacting?
Author Thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/21/2006  5:54 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

TMS, you are right, but this team is also very frustrating. I love Crawford, but his defensive weaknesses are so glaring it's sad. Curry is frustrating too, and I like him a lot as well. You're 100% right, this is a work in progress and we have to be patient. But that doesn't mean we can't be frustrated. Not everything is peaches n' cream in Knicksland, and I know you know that.

venting frustration is fine by me... i do that too... but i don't start pointing out glaring weaknesses on this team after a 4 game losing stretch after being all gungho on the team during a 6 game winning streak either... i guess i just choose to follow a "don't get too high when they win, don't get too low when they lose" approach w/this team... that's just me.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/21/2006  6:22 PM
Well first off, I've been pointing out these glaring weaknesses the entire season, during wins and losses. Heck, I am very critical of my 2 favorite players, Frye and Crawford, even when they play great.

But a 6 game winning streak is a lot and it was one of our 2nd best streak in over a decade. I know this b/c from 98' and on, the Knicks always went on 4 game winning streaks, but NEVER more than that and they finally beat that in '01 with that 7 game streak they have. So when they win 6 games in a row, it is something to get at least semi excited about and it's something to get very upset about if they follow it up with a 4 game losing streak. Only the Knicks.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/21/2006  6:43 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by crzymdups:

People say Marbury isn't a great PG all the time. I think this stretch is proving how wrong that is. Marbury makes all his teammates better, is the only one on the team who knows how to run the offense and scores when we need it.

yes, marbury is our best player. that is undebateable. i mean, he's been playing pg for 40 mins a night for 10 years. of course it's going to look like he knows what he's doing but to say he's the only one who knows how to run the team, i would not agree with. steph was given 30 games to figure out what to do with us this year(7-20 up to the orlando game). so after two games, and one being against the best team in the league, is not a big enough body of work to say that nobody else (crawford in particular) can not run this team.
Its not just that he did a poor job, he looked horrendous. I mean really really bad. Especially on defense. why can' tthis guy play defense? When is he gonna hit the weights or something? And lets be real, Steph didn't need 30 games to figure this out, LB was playing musical chairs with the roster and the lineup. Steph has been solid throughout save for a few games here or there. ITs the other guys who we've had to worry about, and it starts with Crawford.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/21/2006  6:47 PM
No Killa, it doesn't START with Crawford. He has been very solid through the season. His defense, bad. But he's making strides. He's not a pure PG. If you look at him at what he really is, as opposed to what you think he should be, you'd be appreciative. He's a combo guard whos best asset is scoring. He's also a solid passer when he isn't asked to be the PG of the team. No, he's not better than Marbury. But if you look deep, you can appreciate him a little more.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/21/2006  7:04 PM
When is he gonna hit the weights or something?
Craw looks thin on TV, but when you see him up close in person (I had very good seats at the Toronto game), you realize that he is EXTREMELY thin. He might be the thinnest player in the league. He's built like a 6'5" Sean Bradley.
SlimPack
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1009
USA
1/21/2006  7:05 PM
Posted by fishmike:

crzy... I'm with you 100%

for moral reasons I will stick with my original prediction of 41 games, which will probably be enough to make the playoffs.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/21/2006  10:01 PM
is it time to start panicking when a rag tag team blows you out on your home floor after they went back to back on the road? Sorry, the team wont be good this year next year or any year with these players. That one breakaway dunk where no one hustled down and the hornets sat and figured out what kind of ally oop they would pull off was a great indicator of this team , absolutely NO guts, no heart a bunch of panzy losers.

sorry i thought th pistons loss was the worst game, i made a mistake this was twice as bad.
RIP Crushalot😞
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
1/21/2006  10:12 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

is it time to start panicking when a rag tag team blows you out on your home floor after they went back to back on the road? Sorry, the team wont be good this year next year or any year with these players. That one breakaway dunk where no one hustled down and the hornets sat and figured out what kind of ally oop they would pull off was a great indicator of this team , absolutely NO guts, no heart a bunch of panzy losers.

sorry i thought th pistons loss was the worst game, i made a mistake this was twice as bad.

hey briggs I have a question, did the knicks play with heart and effort for the majority of the game? I actually stopped watching at around mid 3rd quarter.

[Edited by - slimpack on 01-21-2006 10:33 PM]
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
1/22/2006  12:14 AM
Craw solid throughout the season? Which season was that? I'm sorry but behind James and QRich he's been the biggest disappointment of this team. No D, which is undisputed. He turns the ball over alot and it seems like most of his games are 'off' nights. I think during this stretch when Marbs has been out our guards in total have more TOs than assists. He has sucked at PG and has been very inconsistent at SG. So it really doesn't matter what he is b/c whatever you want that to be, he's not doing a good job.
Posted by Allanfan20:

No Killa, it doesn't START with Crawford. He has been very solid through the season. His defense, bad. But he's making strides. He's not a pure PG. If you look at him at what he really is, as opposed to what you think he should be, you'd be appreciative. He's a combo guard whos best asset is scoring. He's also a solid passer when he isn't asked to be the PG of the team. No, he's not better than Marbury. But if you look deep, you can appreciate him a little more.

[Edited by - nykshaknbake on 01-22-2006 12:25 AM]
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/22/2006  12:52 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

No. It's not time to start panicking. We are playing three rookies heavy minutes. That's a formula that works okay when Marbury and AD are telling them what to do and making plays to help them out and cover for them. Outside of AD and Marbury, who do we have on this team that is over 25 and leads or means anything in an NBA game? No one.

Honestly, that's why I am all for the Jalen trade. It's all well and good to have a lot of young players, but you need to have SOME vets to carry the kids through rough times. Jalen and a pick is a great trade for Penny.

I will panic if the team looks like this when Marbury is playing, but not before.

I will concede that one player who has been disappointing, even in the Chicago game, has been Crawford. He cannot play without Marbury on the floor. He cannot run the offense. He makes terrible decisions. I think he has progressed, but he has folded under the pressure of trying to replace Marbury.

But, guys, guys, guys, guys, let's not get carried away here. ESPN's bullsh!t about Marbury notwithstanding, let's get one thing straight, this guy is one of the top ten offensive weapons in the entire league. You want to say overall, he's got flaws on D so he's top 25 overall, whatever. the point is, at the point, there aren't many more guys who can DOMINATE a game's flow like Marbury. He was playing out of his head, 23ppg 10apg in 2006. He's the only veteran leader, outside of AD who is also gone, on the entire team.

You want to know why the Chicago game was close and Detroit and NOK were blowouts? AD showed up in Chicago and he played his heart out. Best game of the season with 16pts 9rebs. That's leadership. The kids have none of that right now. Hopefully the leadership comes back when the Kings come to town. Marbury plays we win, he doesn't it will be an ugly blowout loss.

The kids are talented, but they are not ready to play without their leader yet. the next time AD and Marbury play, watch Lee and Frye and Nate and Craw's reaction to them. They love these guys and they look up to them and they look to them when things are going bad. They don't have anything to weather the storm at this rate and it's showing. if things start going bad on a few possessions, it's gonna snowball.

¿ △ ?
Can People Stop Overreacting?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy