[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Can People Stop Overreacting?
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
1/20/2006  8:53 PM
No Marbury, No AD who was playing his best ball of the season and anchoring our D and rotation, 4th game in 5nights (3rd for which we were short-handed), and we were playing the best team in the entire league. The best team, which, by the way had a vested interest in blowing us out to show up Larry Brown.

It was the 4th game in 5nights, and the 10th they played from Jan 2nd to 19th. They've been exhausted since the Atlanta game. Not only that, but the night before was an overtime game, their first full game without Marbury ever and in a game in which one of their only veteran leaders lost his cool, ran into the stands and got suspended. Of course they were going to get blown out by a team that was 31-5 coming in.

Relax. It's one game. The only scary bad game in this stretch was Toronto. Are people overreacting because it was on National TV and Marv and Barkley made fun of us? Relax.

Deep breathes. We'll be fine when Marbury gets back. We have a game Saturday then a few games off. This team will still make a strong move to the playoffs.

Everyone take a deep breath.
¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
1/20/2006  9:40 PM
There is no evidence to suggest this team can make a strong push for the playoffs, even during the 6 game winning streak, we got alot lucky bounces.
crzymdups
USA
1/20/2006  9:43 PM
Posted by SlimPack:

There is no evidence to suggest this team can make a strong push for the playoffs, even during the 6 game winning streak, we got alot lucky bounces.

This is ridiculous.
¿ △ ?
SlimPack
USA
1/20/2006  10:01 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by SlimPack:

This is ridiculous.

as ridiculous as that reply? ha ha nah Im just kidding but anyway dont get me wrong, I think the team has improved in some ways recently but you cant expect the suns to shoot 29.5% from 3, or guys like ridnour to miss two free throws, or dirk to miss two possible game winning shots over 5-9 nate every night, I know that luck is a part of the game but Im just saying that even during the win streak, it was pretty apparent that we still had alot things to work on, and those things are even more highlighted during the 4 game losing streak.

[Edited by - slimpack on 01-20-2006 10:05 PM]
tomverve
Member: #878
1/21/2006  2:18 AM
You're too good for this board, crzy. You're supposed to completely ignore cause and effect reasoning (that's called "making excuses") and you're supposed to draw sweeping conclusions from a few games. Shame on you.
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/21/2006  7:02 AM
Tom I'm so glad you hang around just enough to make sweeping conclusions about the quality of content people post around here. If it irks you so avoid clicking the blue underlined word that says "forums" when you visit UK.

crzy... I think most people saw that beat down coming miles away. You just hope to see your team show some fight and some better fundamentals.

What your seeing now is frustrations just seeping out. This roster has been turned over at least twice and we are 13-25 and Sam Mitchell coached Toronto has a better record than we do. Its not like we have a roster with a bunch of kids either.

Its just tough to watch... people gotta vent
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TemujinKnick
Member: #1022

1/21/2006  9:20 AM
Posted by SlimPack:

During even more of our loses throughout this season we have had a lot of unlucky bounces. That's the way things are. Can't count it against us when we are lucky if you don't count it for us when we are unlucky.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/21/2006  11:47 AM
Posted by crzymdups:

No Marbury, No AD who was playing his best ball of the season and anchoring our D and rotation, 4th game in 5nights (3rd for which we were short-handed), and we were playing the best team in the entire league. The best team, which, by the way had a vested interest in blowing us out to show up Larry Brown.

It was the 4th game in 5nights, and the 10th they played from Jan 2nd to 19th. They've been exhausted since the Atlanta game. Not only that, but the night before was an overtime game, their first full game without Marbury ever and in a game in which one of their only veteran leaders lost his cool, ran into the stands and got suspended. Of course they were going to get blown out by a team that was 31-5 coming in.

Relax. It's one game. The only scary bad game in this stretch was Toronto. Are people overreacting because it was on National TV and Marv and Barkley made fun of us? Relax.

Deep breathes. We'll be fine when Marbury gets back. We have a game Saturday then a few games off. This team will still make a strong move to the playoffs.

Everyone take a deep breath.

Bellweather panic indicater is when Briggy starts "how about" trade threads.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
1/21/2006  12:21 PM
I think most have over reacted to the way we started the month- six games and there were some good games- but our record is what it is.

Sorry, if this team is going to make a push for the playoffs, we can't have a six game winning streak followed by a 4-5 game loosing streak.
crzymdups
USA
1/21/2006  12:27 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Tom I'm so glad you hang around just enough to make sweeping conclusions about the quality of content people post around here. If it irks you so avoid clicking the blue underlined word that says "forums" when you visit UK.

crzy... I think most people saw that beat down coming miles away. You just hope to see your team show some fight and some better fundamentals.

What your seeing now is frustrations just seeping out. This roster has been turned over at least twice and we are 13-25 and Sam Mitchell coached Toronto has a better record than we do. Its not like we have a roster with a bunch of kids either.

Its just tough to watch... people gotta vent

i understand. it's just disappointing that the attitude turned sour in a five day span. when we didn't have Marbury for 3 and a half of those days.

it's just insane because last year after the trades for MoT and Rose, which most people hated, the team won 3 in a row and there was a large contingent of the board preaching a playoff run, even Briggs said he thought they could make the playoffs. that team was awful and won 3 games at home and people flipped their wigs. This team has a chance to make a solid run at the playoffs if everyone is healthy. We had just come off our best 7 game stretch of the season (counting the Mil loss), have a horrible game at TOR, then Marbury gets injured in a close game that we lose, then we lose a close game that is one of the weirdest games of the season again without our best player, then we get blown out by the best team in the league, this time without our best player and another starter. Like or hate AD, he was playing his best ball and his loss screwed up the rotation yet again, a rotation that had just settled.

There's no way in the world this team is worse than last year's team. This team is making the playoffs, or very close to it and with the ammount of young players playing big minutes on this team and the ammount of new players, making the playoffs means something.
¿ △ ?
tomverve
Member: #878
1/21/2006  12:28 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Tom I'm so glad you hang around just enough to make sweeping conclusions about the quality of content people post around here.

lol i'm not here to think, your all wrong. i'm just here to call it how i see it. dont even try to talk sense to me
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
crzymdups
USA
1/21/2006  12:28 PM
Posted by franco12:

I think most have over reacted to the way we started the month- six games and there were some good games- but our record is what it is.

Sorry, if this team is going to make a push for the playoffs, we can't have a six game winning streak followed by a 4-5 game loosing streak.

do you really think we would have lost in Chicago with a healthy Marbury?
¿ △ ?
fishmike
USA
1/21/2006  12:46 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by franco12:

I dont... I actually picked us to win that game and forgot to change it on the gp when I realized he wasnt going to play.

do you really think we would have lost in Chicago with a healthy Marbury?

crzymdups
USA
1/21/2006  1:07 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I dont... I actually picked us to win that game and forgot to change it on the gp when I realized he wasnt going to play.

Yeah, I did the same. This team is a bunch of talented rookies and young guys who don't really know how to win yet (I'm including Crawford and Curry in there). Marbury, starting with the Milwaukee game really, has taken on the responsibility of being their leader. It's little things like cheering them on from the bench, bigger things like being more positive on the court and getting guys like Lee and Crawford fired up, and huge things like averaging 23ppg and 10apg during the winning streak. I think Marbury, after his protest game in Orlando, has opened his eyes a little and realized the type of effort he has to give to win here. He is this team's leader. How did he injured? Fighting through a screen. Marbury of last season would not have been injured, because he would not have been fighting through the screen.

I give Marbury a lot of credit and it stinkes that he had to go down during his best stretch as a Knick.
¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
1/21/2006  1:13 PM
Also, I don't want to hammer a dead horse here, but the Knicks with the rotation they are playing have basically two veteran leaders: Marbury and AD. without those two guys we are playing a bunch of kids and a bunch of overpaid underachievers (Mo T, JJ, QRich). Playing against the BEST team in the league, a team that was two minutes away from winning back to back trophies, I mean, come on.

You think Detroit was ugly, tonight against a mediocre team of spare parts and a good point guard, watch how hard the game looks without Marbury and AD.

People say Marbury isn't a great PG all the time. I think this stretch is proving how wrong that is. Marbury makes all his teammates better, is the only one on the team who knows how to run the offense and scores when we need it.
¿ △ ?
SlimPack
USA
1/21/2006  2:52 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

I give Marbury a lot of credit and it stinkes that he had to go down during his best stretch as a Knick.

we got blown out by toronto with marbury, and remeber we were on the verge of losing to the wolves with marbury as well, when he went out of the game we had to go on a run just to make it close. I suppose you could make the claim that we beat the bulls with marbury, but I still dont see how you can be so confident that we make the playoffs this season.
fishmike
USA
1/21/2006  3:21 PM
crzy... I'm with you 100%
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/21/2006  4:40 PM
i think the team's progressing... yeah, they got their asses handed to them on a silver platter the other night by the best team in the NBA... that's gonna happen during this time of rebuilding... i never expected a championship contender this year... the team looked great during that 6 game winning streak & they easily could have won 2 of the 4 games they lost during this 4 game losing stretch... i'm not jumping ship... this team can be good in a couple years... what more does anyone realistically expect?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/21/2006  5:31 PM
TMS, you are right, but this team is also very frustrating. I love Crawford, but his defensive weaknesses are so glaring it's sad. Curry is frustrating too, and I like him a lot as well. You're 100% right, this is a work in progress and we have to be patient. But that doesn't mean we can't be frustrated. Not everything is peaches n' cream in Knicksland, and I know you know that.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/21/2006  5:32 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

People say Marbury isn't a great PG all the time. I think this stretch is proving how wrong that is. Marbury makes all his teammates better, is the only one on the team who knows how to run the offense and scores when we need it.

yes, marbury is our best player. that is undebateable. i mean, he's been playing pg for 40 mins a night for 10 years. of course it's going to look like he knows what he's doing but to say he's the only one who knows how to run the team, i would not agree with. steph was given 30 games to figure out what to do with us this year(7-20 up to the orlando game). so after two games, and one being against the best team in the league, is not a big enough body of work to say that nobody else (crawford in particular) can not run this team.
Can People Stop Overreacting?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy