[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Craw may be one of the leagues worst defenders
Author Thread
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/20/2006  1:53 PM
I was thinking about it and he every well may be one of the leagues worst defenders. Rip either bumped him and muscled him out of the way, or just went by him as if he wasn't there on many occasions. I don't know what his stats are, but from watching the games, I'd have to say he is one of the worst defenders I have ever seen. Keep in mind I watched pretty much 90% of the games Allan Houston played as a knick. His D is absurd. Forget his highs and lows on offense, we would need David Robinson and Hakeem in the frontcourt, to stop the soul train line that is Crawford on defense.

Who is worse than him on the wing at defense?
AUTOADVERT
JayNYC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #682
USA
1/20/2006  2:22 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:

I was thinking about it and he every well may be one of the leagues worst defenders. Rip either bumped him and muscled him out of the way, or just went by him as if he wasn't there on many occasions. I don't know what his stats are, but from watching the games, I'd have to say he is one of the worst defenders I have ever seen. Keep in mind I watched pretty much 90% of the games Allan Houston played as a knick. His D is absurd. Forget his highs and lows on offense, we would need David Robinson and Hakeem in the frontcourt, to stop the soul train line that is Crawford on defense.

Who is worse than him on the wing at defense?

Killa, Rip Hamilton is a tough guard for anybody in this league.. The kid just runs you in and out of screens all game. (This ain't the game to evaluate Craw's D on- IMO) In truth, I think Jamal Crawford has improved on the defensive end.. he just ain't the stopper that we think he should be. I know that he has trouble staying in front of his man, but again he has improved alot in this area. He's making an effort to get back in the play when beat by his man on the Defensive end.

His biggest issue is he's dumb small, he needs some strength and body to play in this league, or Major help through team rotations when he gets burned. Most might be quick to point out Rip Hamilton's D, BUT let's not get it twisted individually Rip ain't the Kobe Stopper either ya dig!!!

I think if Jamal Crawford's b-ball IQ was high enough, and he new how to truly play the game, he could be a real impact player on most nights at the point guard position. Think about it, he has it all offensively, his problem is he aint that craft to play that position. He would be able to bother the smaller points in the league, and he's quick enough.. Thats what Larry Brown need's to do.. Groom him to commit to D, and learn how to be a true point guard!
Inhale deep like the words of my breath/ I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death-- Circa 1994 Nasty Nas: NY State of Mind
Craw may be one of the leagues worst defenders

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy