[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Going to get killed for this one
Author Thread
King1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #998
USA
1/20/2006  11:08 AM
I think the Knicks should trade Nate Robinson. His trade value is the highest it will ever be and he isnt LB type of player. He dribbles too much, and he is a 5-9 2 guard. He doesnt make great decisions with the ball, and Brown could get him his type of point guard. Brown ran Larry Hughes out of Philly because he wasnt he type of player. Package Nate and Trevor and you can get a mid pick or a point guard
AUTOADVERT
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

1/20/2006  11:10 AM
Love his HEART, HATE his game.
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/20/2006  11:18 AM
the problem is, we dont have anything else to trade. If we consider Crawford our sixth man--nate is expendable. Id rather get rid of Q and put Nate back to 4th guard--10 minute spots--putting him in for 35 minutes right now --nope.

RIP Crushalot😞
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
1/20/2006  11:21 AM
I agree King. Theres alot to love about Nate Robinson but there is also to hate about Nate Robinson. The fact that the guy gives 100% every single second while he's on the court is something you RARELY see from any player in the NBA. The bad thing with Nate is that he is probably one of the worst decision makers I've ever seen and we all know that doesn't mix well with Larry Brown. If a trade came along that got the Knicks a nice SG or SF and they asked for Nate in return as part of a package, I would gladly make that trade.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
1/20/2006  11:26 AM
The part you're going to get killed for is saying that his trade value is at its highest right now. I guarantee, nobody in the league thinks that highly of Nate where his trade value is higher today than it will be anytime soon. He's a sparkplug bench player now, despite having a starting role on this team, and that isn't likely to change much.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
1/20/2006  11:28 AM
On a team that seems to give an inconsistent effort on too many nights, it's hard to justify trading a player with Nate's heart.

How many rookies who are learning the point "make great decisions with the ball"?

Not many.

I would rather trade Craw and Ariza.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/20/2006  11:30 AM
if we had a couple expiring contracts (cough cough Vin Baker Moochie) to package with him I think there would be a good market. Nate should go to the Clippers or Sonics where his market value will have the most appeal. I think if Maggette's foot healed the Clippers would be open to a Nate/expiring deal/cash for Maggette. But we only have ginormous contracts to offer.

But Mo T is having a renaissance. LOL
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/20/2006  11:43 AM
it's tough man...real tough.

i never bought into the nate hype persay (i.e. dunks) but i'm a huge fan of his. why? b/c he's tough, plays physical, and is fearless. doesn't change the fact that he is just not a good decision maker. and at times, doesn't even look like he can pass the ball. i keep defending him to a friend of mine to no end b/c i know he's a rookie and has a long way to go. this is what i asked for. i asked for youth and i asked for rebuild. if we were truly rebuilding, we have to live with the mistakes along the way. and nate is making a ton of them. he was inserted into the starting lineup b/c q1 gave us nothing. and nate, when playing the off guard, has produced for us. just 30 games into his rookie season, and has produced for us as the off guard. but all his flaws and problems come up when you ask him to make decisions with the ball (i.e. run the point). he is nowhere close to ready to do that.

so the question becomes, do you want to use him as a scoring guard off the bench or a pg of the bench. if the answer is scoring guard, then he can have a role for us for a bunch of years. but if lb wants to use him as a pg, his flaws will be highlighted and we hope he can learn under lb.

it's a tough proposition with him as you have to live with the both the good and the bad and the bigger question really is what we're trying to do as an organization to whether or not we keep him.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 01-20-2006 11:44 AM]
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
1/20/2006  11:45 AM
I like Nate a lot also, and I'm not looking to trade him, rather just put the best team together I can. That takes into consideration the type of players LB likes.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

1/20/2006  12:17 PM
i want to keep him just for his antics
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
1/20/2006  12:33 PM
He's still young. You can't teach the kind of heart he has, you can always try to change him into a different player. Worse comes to worse, he doesn't adapt in a year and you see what you can get for him
efw
Member: #1002

1/20/2006  12:37 PM
can you guys let a baller play for a whole season without wanting to trade him? holy crap, i mean come on.

The guys is a rookie, shows more heart than anyone on the team, is willing to do anything to win, and has shown an effort to change his game and become more of a point guard.

Did i mention he was a rookie?

Yes he's a bench player, but the way I see it, he could be a potential perennial sixth man of the year after a couple of years of LB tutoring.
attaboy2005
Member: #992

1/20/2006  12:42 PM
Posted by efw:

can you guys let a baller play for a whole season without wanting to trade him? holy crap, i mean come on.

The guys is a rookie, shows more heart than anyone on the team, is willing to do anything to win, and has shown an effort to change his game and become more of a point guard.

Did i mention he was a rookie?

Yes he's a bench player, but the way I see it, he could be a potential perennial sixth man of the year after a couple of years of LB tutoring.

I second that motion, Nate is just trying real hard to fit it, he does make some nice passes when he dribble penetrates to teh basket and he is jump shot has improved alot, sure he makes mistakes, but this team is making alot as whole, so why hold it against Nate, or Frye for that matter. Let the kids play is what everyone was saying, now they are and alot of people aren't happy with how they are playing, make up your minds!.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/20/2006  12:44 PM
Posted by King1:

I think the Knicks should trade Nate Robinson. His trade value is the highest it will ever be and he isnt LB type of player. He dribbles too much, and he is a 5-9 2 guard. He doesnt make great decisions with the ball, and Brown could get him his type of point guard. Brown ran Larry Hughes out of Philly because he wasnt he type of player. Package Nate and Trevor and you can get a mid pick or a point guard

Here is one arguement to the contrary: Just like Lee, Nate is being forced to change positions (SG to PG, right?) and we should give him some time to adjust.

Everyone knows that at his size Nate can't be a starter because of his size. He is a good spark plug off the bench, and because I am in a sarcastic mode, I will say that he can be a good 2-way player off the bench. Good teams need low $ players like him, and off the bench at 15-20 minutes a game he is perfect. 3rd or 4th guard with 2 solid starter and Nate is perfect. Starting, he is OK next to Marbury cause Marb always guards the bigger player and attracts attention. Starting at PG or SG next to Crawford is awful.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
1/20/2006  12:46 PM
I agree with king1, trading him makes the most sense, either that or fire larry brown for another coach that doesnt care as much about defense, the former may be more practical. he is an asset and we should use him to get the type of player we want.
OngBok
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #894
Thailand
1/20/2006  1:04 PM
Could he turn into a player like Vinny " The Microwave " Johnson ?? I think it maybe possibble !!
Isiah Thomas will lead us back to the playoffs in 2006 !!!
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
1/20/2006  1:19 PM
Nate is very frustrating. At this point in his career he takes too many bad shots, turns it over too much, gets too many shot blocked. But he also brings great energy, good 3 pt shooting, and rebounding from the guard spot. I'm not super high on his long term potential, so I'd consider dealing him. He's a good role player though.
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/20/2006  1:24 PM
Posted by King1:

i'd rather keep nate, just in a different role. he is a very good 3pt shooter, and thats what i would use him as.
Swishfm3
Member: #392
1/20/2006  2:09 PM
Posted by VDesai:

Nate is very frustrating. At this point in his career he takes too many bad shots, turns it over too much, gets too many shot blocked. But he also brings great energy, good 3 pt shooting, and rebounding from the guard spot. I'm not super high on his long term potential, so I'd consider dealing him. He's a good role player though.

at this point of his career, he's still a rookie

JayNYC
Member: #682
USA
1/20/2006  2:25 PM
If I had my way, I'm sending Nate away in a package w/ somebody for Ray Allen.
Inhale deep like the words of my breath/ I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death-- Circa 1994 Nasty Nas: NY State of Mind
Going to get killed for this one

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy