[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Marbury wants Garnett in NY
Author Thread
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
1/20/2006  5:54 PM
Even if we got KG, we would still need a shooter - so who would we get at the 2? Crawford is not the answer on a championship team. A good 6th man for sure but not a starter on a contender - even with Curry, Marbs, and Garnett.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/21/2006  4:41 PM
Veshon Lenard can be easily obtained in a package... or you could easily sign a shooter w/the MLE in the offseason.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/21/2006  6:48 PM
Posted by OasisBU:

Even if we got KG, we would still need a shooter - so who would we get at the 2? Crawford is not the answer on a championship team. A good 6th man for sure but not a starter on a contender - even with Curry, Marbs, and Garnett.

Wally would probably come with KG, if they wanted to rebuild they are throwing all of their overpaid gusy at us.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/21/2006  7:04 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by OasisBU:

Wally would probably come with KG, if they wanted to rebuild they are throwing all of their overpaid gusy at us.

I was going to mention that too. It would also include Troy Hudson I'd assume.
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
1/21/2006  7:04 PM
As much as I love Frye, I think if you can get KG, you do it.

I love all the young guys that we have, but you can't go deep into the playoffs or win it all with role players no matter how good they are. You need top tier players like Steph and KG to have a shot at a title. If you get a chance to re-unite KG and Steph, I don't see how you cannot take that risk. If it doesn't work out, fine, you still have a young center in Curry who still has potential to be a franchise center.

"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/21/2006  7:31 PM
Posted by s3231:

As much as I love Frye, I think if you can get KG, you do it.

I love all the young guys that we have, but you can't go deep into the playoffs or win it all with role players no matter how good they are. You need top tier players like Steph and KG to have a shot at a title. If you get a chance to re-unite KG and Steph, I don't see how you cannot take that risk. If it doesn't work out, fine, you still have a young center in Curry who still has potential to be a franchise center.
I'd do a Penny, AD, Frye, and Lee or Nate for KG, Wally, Troy Hud deal and I don't think the T-Wolves can get much more if they want to blow it up and rebuild.

rojasmas
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #639
1/21/2006  8:43 PM
We still wouldn't get to the Finals with KG. We would probably win 50 games though so we would have to go for it. Trade whoever you must Isiah.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

1/22/2006  3:09 AM
I'd be happy with a trade for Artest, a trade of Penny/Ariza or Penny/Butler for Jalen Rose and the Raptors 2nd #1, or any trade where we either move up in the draft or acquire another pick in this upcoming draft by the trade deadline.
Marbury wants Garnett in NY

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy