[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Marbury wants Garnett in NY
Author Thread
lovespree
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #53
USA
1/20/2006  11:02 AM
Can someone post this report from the Insider.
NY KNICKS 4 EVER! Will we ever find players like Anthony Mason, Xavier McDaniels, Patrick Ewing again? I hope so.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/20/2006  11:07 AM
just a blurb...

Marbury Wants K.G. In The Big Apple
Jan 20 - According to the Newark Star-Ledger, when told that Kevin Garnett said in an interview with the Minneapolis Star-Tribune that he would love to reunite with Stephon Marbury in Minnesota, Marbury said he'd like to see it happen, too -- only in New York. "For him to come here," Marbury told the newspaper, "that would be beautiful. That would be the best thing ever."
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
1/20/2006  11:14 AM
Interesting. Can't wait to see how it all turns out.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/20/2006  11:21 AM
probably not with Garnett coming here.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
1/20/2006  11:28 AM
Good luck with that.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/20/2006  11:56 AM
I have a feeling, our lineup really isn't going to change by the trading deadline. I have a hunch they feel they can really improve from within', despite last nights game.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
EWING33BXNY
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #625
USA
1/20/2006  12:23 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

I have a feeling, our lineup really isn't going to change by the trading deadline. I have a hunch they feel they can really improve from within', despite last nights game.

I agree with you one that one. If we can get everyone healthy (QRich, Marbs, Curry), trade for a back PG. Then Larry can do something. He's a little SENILE, but I still think he can coach a bit.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/20/2006  1:36 PM
Posted by fishmike:

"For him to come here," Marbury told the newspaper, "that would be beautiful. That would be the best thing ever."
Couldn't have said it better myself.
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
1/20/2006  2:19 PM
"I'm not New York, man," he told the paper. "I'm a Timberwolf at heart, man. But to have Steph back in 'Sota, that would be some crazy. That would be hot. That would revive the city."

Doesn't sound like he wants to come to NY. Afterall, "Sota" is a much better city. Har Har
JayNYC
Member: #682
USA
1/20/2006  2:28 PM
It doesn't matter anyway, we don't have picks.. They would want a combination of Frye and something. I don't know if its worth it at this point. With playoffs being a question right now, why would we consider anything other than developing our Young Bigs (Curry, Frye and Lee) That right there is my neucleus... KG would be nice, but we are too far away from Titletown ya dig-- IMO.
Inhale deep like the words of my breath/ I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death-- Circa 1994 Nasty Nas: NY State of Mind
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
1/20/2006  3:37 PM
Hypothetically speaking - if we did trade Frye + others to get Garnett....could this team make a title run with the linup of:

Curry/James
KG/AD
Q
Craw
Steph

And who knows who we would have left on the bench outside of AD and James.

I think if KG could help pull the group together - do it. What is Frye going to do for us in the next 10 years if he has no team around him?

Unfortunately I dont think this team is ready to compete at that level so the trade ultimately would not be worth it.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/20/2006  3:46 PM
of course it's worth it... KG is a once in a generation type player... i'd easily trade Frye & any of the other young kids to get him on the Knicks... KG & Curry in the frontcourt w/Marbury dishing dimes to them? that's scary... just add in a perimeter shooter like a Veshon Lenard or Eddie House, & you're looking at a legitimate challenger in the Eastern Conference... but i'm not holding my breathe for that to ever happen.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/20/2006  3:48 PM
I was reluctant at first but I would offer Frye for KG.

Would you be willing to offer Frye AND Curry for KG? I think that's too much for us to give up.
TMS
USA
1/20/2006  3:50 PM
not both... i'd offer Frye, Lee, Ariza & Nate if i had to.

the whole point is to have a frontcourt of KG & Curry w/Stephon playing off those 2... that's a nice formula for success imho.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/20/2006  3:51 PM
the whole point is to have a frontcourt of KG & Curry w/Stephon playing off those 2... that's a nice formula for success imho.
I agree; I think that could work out wonderfully
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/20/2006  4:09 PM
Posted by TMS:

it's a very "sexy" lineup and one that would probably be a final 4 or 2 team in the east. winning it all takes some lucky breaks. if we don't get them, and we peak at the ECF's for 2-3 years in a row, would it still be worth it? b/c if they don't win a championship, then we are set back even further. it's an "ALL IN" type move. it's a tough proposition if a deal for kg is on the table. it's a tough choice. what would you do?
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/20/2006  4:12 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by TMS:

it's a very "sexy" lineup and one that would probably be a final 4 or 2 team in the east. winning it all takes some lucky breaks. if we don't get them, and we peak at the ECF's for 2-3 years in a row, would it still be worth it? b/c if they don't win a championship, then we are set back even further. it's an "ALL IN" type move. it's a tough proposition if a deal for kg is on the table. it's a tough choice. what would you do?

well, we'd give the team until the 09/10 season to bring a championship. in that year, wally, garnett, and steph all come off the books.

[Edited by - jaydh on 01-20-2006 4:12 PM]
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/20/2006  4:15 PM
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by TMS:

well, we'd give the team until the 09/10 season to bring a championship. in that year, wally, garnett, and steph all come off the books.

to play devil's advocate, let's say frye and curry develop and we add another piece via trade or MLE to the frontcourt. along with lee, craw, nate. and we add another high caliber FA b/c we'd be under the cap in 07.

that's now a team built for 8 years. will it ever be as good as a team with marbury/kg? maybe, maybe not?

but which one would you do? a team that has a chance from 2007-2014 or a team that has a chance from 2006-2009?
TMS
USA
1/20/2006  4:18 PM
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by TMS:

exactly... it's a move you have to make if you want to challenge for a title anytime soon... otherwise, stay the course & let the young kids learn from the vets we have, unless some team out there offers a ton in terms of picks & expiring contracts for Marbury & some of the other vets (which isn't likely to happen), then you go the opposite route & go all in with youth.

i'm fine w/whatever, as long as i see improvement in the team & a brigher future... i don't want any more trades to bring in mediocre vets who won't significantly impact this team, now or in the future... that's the worst possible scenario in my eyes.
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/20/2006  4:19 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by TMS:

to play devil's advocate, let's say frye and curry develop and we add another piece via trade or MLE to the frontcourt. along with lee, craw, nate. and we add another high caliber FA b/c we'd be under the cap in 07.

that's now a team built for 8 years. will it ever be as good as a team with marbury/kg? maybe, maybe not?

but which one would you do? a team that has a chance from 2007-2014 or a team that has a chance from 2006-2009?

would we really be under the cap in 07/08?? i'm looking at our salaries, and in 07/08, if we just let all contracts expire and not sign any LLE or MLE along the way, we would be around 52-56mil. If we are under the cap, it'll only be by 4-5 mil at most. I'd go the garnett route if possible. Marbs/Garnett/Curry will be competetive until their contracts come off the books. And when they do come off, we are looking at 20+mil in capspace(if anyone we sign from now to then has a contract that runs out in 09/10). we would only be committed to JJ, JC, Curry, and Qrich(around 36mil).

[Edited by - jaydh on 01-20-2006 4:21 PM]
Marbury wants Garnett in NY

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy