[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

isiah complains about what he started with--how about Joe Dumars?
Author Thread
SlimPack
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1009
USA
1/20/2006  7:34 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by SlimPack:
Posted by holfresh:

No one is going to chicago...They had salary space this past year..no one took the bait....

who did they make a run for and fail to get? it seemed like they were focused on resigning their guys, anyway you still didnt answer may question.

AS stated in an earlier posting:It would have to be few sml contracts as Altanta has no interest offering Harrington any money...So maybe Lee,Robinson,maybe Taylor expiring contract after next year...Maybe Ariza before the deadline..Remember, they traded Rasheed to Detroit for nothing..

They made a run at Micheal Redd,Ray Allen and a few others that didn't immediately come to mind..

They had no interest...It's true that they have more money to play with...But I just can't see Harrington signing with Chicago with that team's makeup...They win games off hustle and hard play not talent....I just don't see why a free agent would want to sign into a pressing system with no real chance of going deep into the playoffs...It's difference if your already on the team like Allen and Redd...But newly signed free agent to Chicago....not sure about that..

yeah I guess your right, skiles hated TT and he was kinda like al. But I think we'll have to include a draft pick or two to even have a chance of getting him though, becuase they would have to pay taylor 9.1 mill next season as well, thats why I'm not hopeful .
AUTOADVERT
SlimPack
USA
1/20/2006  7:40 PM
I think It would have to be something like like taylor, david lee, and nate, for harington and tony delk, I suppose there is a small chance they would do that since they dont seem to mind being in an infinite rebuild, but I still dont think so.

[Edited by - slimpack on 01-20-2006 7:44 PM]
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
1/20/2006  7:42 PM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by Rich:

The point remains that without Rasheed, the job that Dumars has done doesn't look as good, and if Isiah had obtained him, the job he has done looks considerably better.
they were a 50 win team without Sheed. I fail to see your point. He was the "one player" away

My point is that without him, they would have still been "one player" away. Who could they have obtained to provide what Rasheed has at a similar cost?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/20/2006  8:41 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by SlimPack:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by SlimPack:
Posted by holfresh:

No one is going to chicago...They had salary space this past year..no one took the bait....

who did they make a run for and fail to get? it seemed like they were focused on resigning their guys, anyway you still didnt answer may question.

AS stated in an earlier posting:It would have to be few sml contracts as Altanta has no interest offering Harrington any money...So maybe Lee,Robinson,maybe Taylor expiring contract after next year...Maybe Ariza before the deadline..Remember, they traded Rasheed to Detroit for nothing..

here's the problem, taylor makes too much money, and lee/nate/ariza, make to little. If atlanta really is dead set against signing him and is afraid of losing him for nothing, then I think there is a better deal they could get besides our youngsters, even if their salaries did match.

[Edited by - slimpack on 01-20-2006 7:23 PM]

Taylor has one year after this left on his contract....His salary would would match the kind of money that Harrington would be seeking....U can toss in one of the young guys to make them happy...But Taylor's contract at the end of the year is very doable...
Atlanta's under the cap. The salaries don't have to match. You don't need to include Mo T's expiring contract in the deal. You can just do a Lee + Robinson for Al deal if you want to.

SlimPack
USA
1/20/2006  9:42 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Atlanta's under the cap. The salaries don't have to match. You don't need to include Mo T's expiring contract in the deal. You can just do a Lee + Robinson for Al deal if you want to.

yeah but atlanta won't want to.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/20/2006  10:33 PM
Why not? They'd love cheap productive rookies. Al Harrington's gonna cost around $50 mil; they can get six very inexpensive seasons out of Nate and Lee (3 each). I'm not even saying I'd do this trade, but for a combination of talent, productivity, and financial bargain, I don't think Atlanta could do much better.
Rich
Member: #511
USA
1/20/2006  10:54 PM
I wouldn't do that deal.
tkf
Member: #87
1/20/2006  11:16 PM
Posted by franco12:
- Layden didn't trade away any future #1 picks, Isiah has traded away 3 out of the next 4 years top pick including the Bulls swap in 07 and they're unprotected.

No- he only traded Camby and the rights to Nene for a broken down, former all star & Frank 'where am I today' Williams!

In a year in which the draft sported some real nice power forwards, Layden traded away a 27 year old camby who by the way is a big man, and the rights to nene, who turned out to be a player so far, for Dice, who was comming off major knee surgery..... How bad is that?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
Member: #87
1/20/2006  11:18 PM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by fishmike:

comparing Joe and Isiah is just wrong and might upset some people. You are only allowed to compare Isiah to Scott Layden or Ed Tapscott.

Since we only compare Black players with Black players and White with only White, can we do the same with GM's?

The only thing I am more tired than the losing, and I am sick of it, is the whining and laying of blame after every set back!

Look who started the thread.....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
holfresh
Member: #1081

1/20/2006  11:48 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by franco12:
- Layden didn't trade away any future #1 picks, Isiah has traded away 3 out of the next 4 years top pick including the Bulls swap in 07 and they're unprotected.

No- he only traded Camby and the rights to Nene for a broken down, former all star & Frank 'where am I today' Williams!
and don't forget we gave up a 2003 second round pick in that trade....we had the seventh pick ...Amare Stoufrmire went ninth...What could have been

In a year in which the draft sported some real nice power forwards, Layden traded away a 27 year old camby who by the way is a big man, and the rights to nene, who turned out to be a player so far, for Dice, who was comming off major knee surgery..... How bad is that?

isiah complains about what he started with--how about Joe Dumars?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy