[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

isiah complains about what he started with--how about Joe Dumars?
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/20/2006  9:56 AM
never had cap space, his roster was poor and Grant Hill forced his hand into a deal.

His use of the MLE

Chauncey Billups
Antonio Mcdyess
Mo Evans
trades
Rip
ben
weed

never took on a bad contract or gave away multiple unprotected picks

his drafting has been mediocre! although taking prince at 24 makes up for Rodney White and Darko to a great extent-- change the chemistry and the team may not be the same

If isiah goes through the Dumars school of nBA GMing, we'll be all right!

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
1/20/2006  10:05 AM
I still cant believe they took Darko over Melo - even though they had Prince...Melo would have been a tradeable asset. Is Darko officially a bust?
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/20/2006  10:13 AM
comparing Joe and Isiah is just wrong and might upset some people. You are only allowed to compare Isiah to Scott Layden or Ed Tapscott.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
1/20/2006  10:22 AM
Has any other GM in any other sport complained this much and this often about what he started with than Isiah?

If Isiah were fired today (a guy can dream can't he), his replacement would be inheriting a situation that was far worse than what Layden left Isiah.

- Layden's team was $20M over the cap, Isiah is $50M over.

- Layden didn't trade away any future #1 picks, Isiah has traded away 3 out of the next 4 years top pick including the Bulls swap in 07 and they're unprotected.

- Layden had a lot of bad contracts for underachieving players. Isiah has just as many and continues to collect more instead of ridding the team of them.

The only thing Isiah supporters can point to is Curry and the kids. That's fine but only if you buy into those players being the types you can build a championship franchise around as opposed to being supporting players. You'd have to down a few gallons of Kool-Aid to believe that.

People like to point to the Pistons as an example of how the whole can be greater than the sum of the parts. That's true but likening their players to ours as parts is like night and day. Their key players are all smart, hard working, highly skilled and have a great deal of desire. How many of our "foundation" players can you say the same about? But these are the players that Isiah has pinned the next 5-10 years of our franchise on. Or until a year or 2 from now when he switches up again (remember when we were building around Marbury) and says we're really building around some other players. Although where he plans on getting them I have no idea.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
islesfan
1/20/2006  10:27 AM
Posted by OasisBU:

I still cant believe they took Darko over Melo - even though they had Prince...Melo would have been a tradeable asset. Is Darko officially a bust?

I can't believe how awesome this team is and I don't know if they would still be the case if they had taken Melo. I think that would have drastically changed the dynamics of the team, especially the starting 5.

Bringing up Darko is like complaining about Cindy Crawford back in the day because you didn't like the mole.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
BRIGGS
1/20/2006  10:37 AM
I cant accept what i saw last night. I dont care how good the Pistons are, what the F is the excuse for having so many open 3 point shots and multiple unimpeded layups and dunks? Its not just this game--why is it EVERY single game teams get to shoot 6-7 wide open 3 point shots, where it seems the defender isnt even on the court? Even through the wins, these guys, the LARGE majority of guys dont know how to play defense, dont want to play defense dont care to play defense--and in sports no defense ===shtty teams. We have to many flashy potential scoring types except for david Lee. How are our players going to change--jamal crawford is going to be 26 years old--how is his d going to change after 6 years in the league? when will he be consistent--how do you win with players who are so wildly inconsistent and dont care about D.

that 6 game winning streak was a bad thing---the defense underneath was covered up--in OUR own best interests it wouldve been better to lose.
Even though we have gone through massive change it wont matter, these guys dont play D.
RIP Crushalot😞
franco12
Member: #599
USA
1/20/2006  11:00 AM
and in sports no defense ===shtty teams

Like the Phoenix Suns last year or this year?

Like Sacramento & Dallas in years past?

I'd take that.
franco12
Member: #599
USA
1/20/2006  11:01 AM
- Layden didn't trade away any future #1 picks, Isiah has traded away 3 out of the next 4 years top pick including the Bulls swap in 07 and they're unprotected.

No- he only traded Camby and the rights to Nene for a broken down, former all star & Frank 'where am I today' Williams!
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
1/20/2006  11:37 AM
The Pistons turned the corner when they acquired Rasheed, who only was traded to Detroit instead of New York because Danny Ainge agreed to have the Celtics become part of a three way trade because he didn't want to see the Knicks get Rasheed. If they had, the conversation might be very different.
islesfan
1/20/2006  12:21 PM
Rasheed was the final piece to their puzzle. It was the best place for him, a stable environment. Here he would have been seen as a cornerstone piece which he isn't. Plus with the chaos you know it would have been a bad fit just like it was in Portland.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
1/20/2006  12:27 PM
The point remains that without Rasheed, the job that Dumars has done doesn't look as good, and if Isiah had obtained him, the job he has done looks considerably better.
BRIGGS
1/20/2006  12:42 PM
Posted by Rich:

The point remains that without Rasheed, the job that Dumars has done doesn't look as good, and if Isiah had obtained him, the job he has done looks considerably better.

why is this even being discussed? he did get him and mike james, thats reality and he only gave up Rebraca and what became the 17th pick in 2004 and had full lottery protection until it was used.
RIP Crushalot😞
SlimPack
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1009
USA
1/20/2006  12:57 PM
did isiah actually ever complain? oh well I've recently joined the islesfan, fireisiah and mck1 way of thinking. isiah thomas just doesnt know what he is doing. he's not taking this team anywhere except maybe a first round exit, at the most.

[Edited by - slimpack on 01-20-2006 12:58 PM]
fishmike
USA
1/20/2006  12:59 PM
Posted by Rich:

they were a 50 win team without Sheed. I fail to see your point. He was the "one player" away
islesfan
1/20/2006  1:01 PM
Posted by SlimPack:

did isiah actually ever complain? oh well I've recently joined the islesfan, fireisiah and mck1 way of thinking. isiah thomas just doesnt know what he is doing. he's not taking this team anywhere except maybe a first round exit, at the most.

[Edited by - slimpack on 01-20-2006 12:58 PM]

He brings it up more times than he disappears for scouting trips when things are going bad.

And welcome.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/20/2006  1:11 PM
Posted by fishmike:

comparing Joe and Isiah is just wrong and might upset some people. You are only allowed to compare Isiah to Scott Layden or Ed Tapscott.

Since we only compare Black players with Black players and White with only White, can we do the same with GM's?

The only thing I am more tired than the losing, and I am sick of it, is the whining and laying of blame after every set back!

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/20/2006  1:14 PM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by fishmike:

Since we only compare Black players with Black players and White with only White, can we do the same with GM's?

The only thing I am more tired than the losing, and I am sick of it, is the whining and laying of blame after every set back!

We should all visit Alba and her sisters more often?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
USA
1/20/2006  1:21 PM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by fishmike:

I agree 100%. I could even be patient if I had any clue that we are actually building something here. Its more likely that we are just pumping up what commodities we have for another star phuck. Our roster has been turned over twice in 2 years with this GM. One day its rebuilding and our youngins are untouchable. The next we are giving 30 year old under achievers 5 year deals and trading 4 draft picks in one offseason. We got a HOF coach and paid him monster cash, and gave him a roster of players that are the opposite of what he asks for in his players.

After 6 years you just get tired of hoping the organization running your team will wake up. Still waiting.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/20/2006  1:31 PM

I really can live with this team the rest of the season.

The rookies are playing a lot, Eddie is still growing into his body head, and maybe Craw has pubic hair now and can start to get it more consistant. Nate I still think is a side show and I can live with him 15 min a game.

Rebuilding sucks, especially when your 27million more than the next highest payroll (Dallas Mavs).

This is it guys, Rebuilding NY style. Be patient, season is not even halfway over. And it ain't about this year.
fishmike
USA
1/20/2006  1:42 PM
I would agree but the offseason doesnt leave much to be excited about. Except paying more for my seasons for the Yanks
isiah complains about what he started with--how about Joe Dumars?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy