1/20/2006  11:03 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by TMS:
Posted by martin:
Posted by TMS:

typical copout response

[Edited by - TMS on 01-20-2006 09:45 AM]

typical internet pansy taunting.

oh i forgot, it's not allowed to call out BRIGGS on this forum... my bad.

& how is that internet pansy taunting? i gave you a good explanation on why i think BRIGGS is off on this one, & he comes back w/that garbage... hey martin, sorry if i offended your pretty boy poster, but let's call a spade a spade here shall we? all the flip flopping is getting old... i think even you can agree to that... unless you're just too far up BRIGGS' ass to notice.
Briggs gets special treatment for a reason and it has nothing to do with posting skills!

Still crying because Martin put you in your place? Get over it already.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/20/2006  11:05 AM
I was merely pointing out that EC is very young and has plenty of room to grow.

What place did Marting put me in?
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/20/2006  11:39 AM
Posted by martin:

so you think that Nate, MoT and David Lee are two-way players in this league?

personally, yes, i do think Nate can play on both ends of the floor... he's shown he can penetrate into the lane almost at will against tough defenders & score... he can shoot the 3... he's a very good rebounder for a G, he plays good 1 on 1 defense, & he's a sparkplug off the bench making hussle plays... maybe i'm the only one to see this... tell me where i'm wrong & maybe we can have a legitimate discussion... or wasn't that as well thought out a response as you were expecting?

as for Mo T, i've been impressed w/his improved play on the defensive end... i don't believe i ever said he was a 2 way player... that was YOUR lazy, nonsensical thought process at work there... i've always said he was a very good offensive player in the low post who's improved drastically on his defensive skills this year... he's obviously not going to win any defensive player awards anytime soon, but he's still better than some of the other bigmen we have guarding the lowpost.

David Lee i think has the most potential to be the best all around player on this team among the young kids, & i stand by that... he rebounds the ball like there's no tomorrow, he's always hustling, he's a good ballhandler & passer for a bigman, & he's just a heady player who makes smart decisions w/the ball... don't even try & pretend like you weren't impressed by his newfound jumper that he displayed during that winning stretch...

you wanna talk about brain cells moving, offer a legitimate counter response to mine instead of merely taking offense at my crack about you being up BRIGGS' ass... & get this straight, i don't taunt people... i asked for a response & all i got was a dismissive, smart ass reply... so in my case, it's pansy taunting, but not in BRIGGS' case in your eyes... thanks for the clarification... maybe you should let BRIGGS fight his own battles instead of holding his hand on every other thread whenever someone challenges his point of view? just a thought.

[Edited by - TMS on 01-20-2006 11:47 AM]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
NYKniCksFan87
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #700
1/20/2006  11:41 AM
still..our perimeterdefense = trash...

crawford played like last night he was going to die..no senseof urgency or nothing..his inconsistency kills the team
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/20/2006  12:24 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by martin:

so you think that Nate, MoT and David Lee are two-way players in this league?

personally, yes, i do think Nate can play on both ends of the floor... he's shown he can penetrate into the lane almost at will against tough defenders & score... he can shoot the 3... he's a very good rebounder for a G, he plays good 1 on 1 defense, & he's a sparkplug off the bench making hussle plays... maybe i'm the only one to see this... tell me where i'm wrong & maybe we can have a legitimate discussion... or wasn't that as well thought out a response as you were expecting?

Nate has hit his 3's, but discounting those types of shots he is shooting 39% from the field with most of that coming from his drives. His TO per assist numbers are high, and those 2 things in combination lead me to believe that although he is getting to the rim at will he can't finish or dish to the right guys in a way that create easy baskets. Does that make him a good offensive player in lieu of a two-way player? Nate can be bothersome against dribblers, but most other teams play HIM against the pick and roll because he can't stop the pick man. Nate hasn't shut anyone down his size either. Your definition of a 2-way player is a lot lower that most.
Posted by TMS:

as for Mo T, i've been impressed w/his improved play on the defensive end... i don't believe i ever said he was a 2 way player... that was YOUR lazy, nonsensical thought process at work there... i've always said he was a very good offensive player in the low post who's improved drastically on his defensive skills this year... he's obviously not going to win any defensive player awards anytime soon, but he's still better than some of the other bigmen we have guarding the lowpost.

Posted by TMS:

how are there no 2 way players? .... Nate's defensive skills & his ability to penetrate to the hole & score off his energy alone... Mo T's scoring off the bench was lauded just a few days ago & you all were praising him for his new penchant to draw charges on help defense... David Lee ...

You start your statement with the question how are there no 2-way players and then you follow with a list of Nate, MoT, and Lee. That's what I call saying here is my list of 2-way players.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
SlimPack
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1009
USA
1/20/2006  1:11 PM
nate is not a two way player, all you have to do is pull up for a jump shot or run a pick and roll, and your off scotch free with nate gaurding you, nate can badger his opponent to make them uncomfortable, but he doesnt do it enough, he's to short to guard most pgs from shooting and I havent really seen a commitment to d from him anyway, although its not is though anyone else has made one. mo taylor, I dont see how mo taylor has been gaurding the low post better lately, in fact he's been racking up fouls recently, his pick and roll defense is terrible, but he has been drawing some charges so I guess you can call him a semi two way player, but just barely even that. and the list ends there. I would say that david lee is no where near a two way player, but he has been improving on keeping his man in front of him, so maybe he has a chance. but he still isnt a two way player. As far as Im concerned we dont really have any two way players on our team, becuase no one plays D, consistently.

[Edited by - slimpack on 01-20-2006 1:13 PM]
#1 problem on this team

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy