[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

#1 problem on this team
Author Thread
NYKniCksFan87
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #700
1/19/2006  10:21 PM
Guarding the pick and roll/screen and roll....how many wide open 3's did the pistons attempt?
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
AUTOADVERT
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

1/19/2006  10:53 PM
also we dont know how to help.... either there is no help.. or EVERYONE helps and leaves the entire perimiter open
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
1/19/2006  10:55 PM
Well, this is what happens when their is a youth movement that is in place. By the time the team "masters" this, then you can take solace in knowing that on some fan on a Pistons messageboard will be posting the exact same thing.

The world doesn't go in a straight-line. It goes in a circle.

You can quote me.
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/19/2006  11:08 PM
#1 problem with this team right now is that its best player is injured. They would have easily won in Chicago and at least been competitive tonight with Marbury.
¿ △ ?
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/19/2006  11:47 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

#1 problem with this team right now is that its best player is injured. They would have easily won in Chicago and at least been competitive tonight with Marbury.

# problem is inconsistant play from our 2 wings, Q and Craw. Q has actually been consistantly bad, so I can't even say that. Craw has shown flashes of greatness, followed by sputtering. He's hot and cold. If he averaged a true 15 every night, and not 30 one night and 0 the next, we would have won many more games and we would be a much better team.
Travla
Member: #723
USA
1/20/2006  12:33 AM
This team plays too non-chalantly, they run a play, if they hit the shot it's all good, if they miss it.....oh well. When they cut the lead to 35 - 29, I knew they weren't going to pick up the "D". The Pistons had begun to play kinda ho - hum and the Knicks didn't take advantage of it so they get outscored 13 to 4 on a bunch of wide open 3's. Like a poster wrote in another thread, Piston players had time to catch, fumble, adjust their footing and still no Knicks were running out to them.....disgraceful!!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RPreston01/videos
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/20/2006  1:01 AM
worst problem on team? no two way players. isiah is going to have to realize we have poor balance. nate robinson is a 4th G crawford and Q cant be on the same team, we need a real 3 wait tayshaun prince with another wide open 3, we need a shot blcking big who can intimidate the lane.

this team has a lot of work to do--some of the guys isiah may have thought untouchable may have to be reconsidered for balance.

hidden in that 6 game win steak was porous D
RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/20/2006  1:05 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

worst problem on team? no two way players. isiah is going to have to realize we have poor balance. nate robinson is a 4th G crawford and Q cant be on the same team, we need a real 3 wait tayshaun prince with another wide open 3, we need a shot blcking big who can intimidate the lane.

this team has a lot of work to do--some of the guys isiah may have thought untouchable may have to be reconsidered for balance.

hidden in that 6 game win steak was porous D

Nate is a 4th guard? during the winning streak you were saying he was a mini-Wade.

seriously guys, this team will look a lot better when it is rested and Marbury is playing. Will it win a championship this year? no.

¿ △ ?
Stevo718
Member: #559
1/20/2006  4:07 AM
also we dont know how to help.... either there is no help.. or EVERYONE helps and leaves the entire perimiter open

... so true!

Other problems/needs:

1. Curry needs to transform himself from a "black hole" to a STAR. I wanna see his assists go up.

2. Curry and Taylor or Frye and Davis should seldom be on the floor together at the same time. Not that Frye's rebounding is that bad but I think that's the most important thing he should be working on right now and defense.

3. Q needs to get back to his semi-old self and play 30+minutes (all at SF)with Lee taking the rest. Our rebounding numbers are good at the SF position but our scoring is the lowest out of all the positions. If Q plays 30+ minutes we can still maintain our rebounding and add to our scoring at the same time. Q can post/shoot according to need.

4. Marbury, Crawford, Nate, Q and Lee need to get down rotating on defense like it's breathing.

5. Crawford needs to stay in FRONT of his man, that's the first thing I was taught when I started playing basketball. I don't understand why he can't do this.

6. They need to REALLY stick to a 9-man rotation... Curry, Davis, Frye, Taylor, Q, Lee, Crawford, Marbury and Nate.

On a side note... Ariza needs to get sent down to the NBDL and work on his PHYSICAL game and then come back and work on his MENTAL game with LB. He needs to go down there and play 30+ minutes a game. I love Ariza but I think he needs to do this and he is only 20.
McK1
Member: #964
1/20/2006  7:28 AM
Briggs is right; Nate is a fourth guard. Lucky for him LB likes to use 4 of them. Mike Jsmes & Lindsay Hunter both got 20 minutes a night off the pine playing for LB in Detroit.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/20/2006  9:04 AM
Nate's a 4th G? now there's a revelation... i thought he was a PF... how are there no 2 way players? a week ago you were raving about Nate's defensive skills & his ability to penetrate to the hole & score off his energy alone... his 3 pt. shooting has been more than adequate... Mo T's scoring off the bench was lauded just a few days ago & you all were praising him for his new penchant to draw charges on help defense... David Lee was supposed to be the "answer" at SF, defending & making smart decisions w/the ball on offense, all while knocking down that little jumper that was money during that little winning streak they just had... his jumper wasn't falling last night, so all of a sudden he's not a 2 way player anymore?

are we all jumping off the bandwagon because of last night's humiliation at the hands of the best team in the East w/our best player Marbury & best post defender AD not on the court? come on people... i hope none of you expected this team to be even close to being on the level of title contenders... this team is still young, they're getting better, & at times, they look great & are fun to watch... what more did you expect at this point? there are no miracles that will vault this team into the NBA Finals this year... a few less T/O's & they easily could have won the games against the T'Wolves & Bulls... then instead of a 4 game losing streak, we'd be talking about the Knicks having won 8 of their last 10 games.

in truth, we need Marbury to come back healthy & playing the way he had been playing before he got injured, protecting the ball & not making stupid boneheaded passes like the Knicks were doing all last night... we need the young kids to communicate on the floor on D, the way AD & Malik Rose do when they're playing... we need Channing Frye to stop being so gun shy & to start shooting the ball the way we all know he can... we need David Lee to start hitting those open jumpers again the way he had been doing all last week... & we need Nate to stop trying to do too much by himself on the floor when he's running the point & let the game come to him... now if they do all these things, are they going to be a title contender? of course not... but they'll be the team that we saw during that 6 game winning stretch, & for now, i'll be more than happy with that.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/20/2006  9:40 AM
and rip hamilton lays it up again!
RIP Crushalot😞
TMS
USA
1/20/2006  9:45 AM
typical copout response

[Edited by - TMS on 01-20-2006 09:45 AM]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/20/2006  9:57 AM
Posted by TMS:

typical copout response

typical internet pansy taunting.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TymeLessKnicks
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1050
Sweden
1/20/2006  10:13 AM
#1 problem on the team, i cant really say there's a problem that towers over another problem.

i think we are the only team in the league that not only starts 3 rookies but give them significant minutes. WE ARE BOUND TO HAVE PROBLEMS!!!
about the crawford comments: last night he displayed absolutely no desire to win. he had trouble getting the team into set plays.

maybe the horrible season is taking a toll on him, he almost seems depressed...
Had enough Melo?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/20/2006  10:40 AM
i think we are the only team in the league that not only starts 3 rookies but give them significant minutes. WE ARE BOUND TO HAVE PROBLEMS!!!
That's a great point. And the fourth starter (EC) is not a rookie but he's the age of a rookie who went to school for 4 years and has plenty of learning and growing left.
TMS
USA
1/20/2006  10:50 AM
Posted by martin:
Posted by TMS:

typical copout response

oh i forgot, it's not allowed to call out BRIGGS on this forum... my bad.

& how is that internet pansy taunting? i gave you a good explanation on why i think BRIGGS is off on this one, & he comes back w/that garbage... hey martin, sorry if i offended your pretty boy poster, but let's call a spade a spade here shall we? all the flip flopping is getting old... i think even you can agree to that... unless you're just too far up BRIGGS' ass to notice.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/20/2006  11:00 AM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by martin:
Posted by TMS:

typical copout response

& how is that internet pansy taunting? i gave you a good explanation on why i think BRIGGS is off on this one, & he comes back w/that garbage... hey martin, sorry if i offended your pretty boy poster, but let's call a spade a spade here shall we? all the flip flopping is getting old... i think even you can agree to that... unless you're just too far up BRIGGS' ass to notice.

so you think that Nate, MoT and David Lee are two-way players in this league? Cause I don't remember BRIGGS saying that? And you expect people to repond to your post and then your taunting? Put a real arguement/idea together and you'll see some thoughtful response.

If day one I say Nate is showing some defense and spark on offense DOES NOT mean I think he is a two-way player by any stretch of the means, and that's the conclusion YOU drew and why you haven't seen any reponse.

What kind of lazy, non-sensical thought process is this?

And let's get this straight. I have called out BRIGGS more than once and I don't really favor any post/poster over another. I do enjoy witnessing some brain cells move though.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/20/2006  11:01 AM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by martin:
Posted by TMS:

typical copout response

Briggs gets special treatment for a reason and it has nothing to do with posting skills!
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
1/20/2006  11:02 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
That's a great point. And the fourth starter (EC) is not a rookie but he's the age of a rookie who went to school for 4 years and has plenty of learning and growing left.

EC is a 5th year player and you want to make some comparison to a rookie because of his age??? You're taking rationalization to a whole new level.

And the fact that we're starting 3 rookies on a team with a $120M payroll is a bigger problem than the fact that we're starting them.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
#1 problem on this team

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy