[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
1/19/2006  12:19 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/38738/20060119/hornets_explicit_in_search_for_big_man/

And Maciej Lampe?

"Can we talk about something else?" Scott said when questioned about the inactive and oft-injured center. "I think he's got everyone around here disappointed. He comes back from one practice, gets hurt, and he's gone for a week or two. I'm not real high on him right now."
AUTOADVERT
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
1/19/2006  12:21 PM
He's no KVH.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
1/19/2006  12:25 PM
Rememeber "light the lampe" and all the other stuff that was said about this guy? Layden did nothing for this team.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
1/19/2006  12:29 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:

Rememeber "light the lampe" and all the other stuff that was said about this guy? Layden did nothing for this team.

I wish he did nothing. He set the team back several years.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/19/2006  12:32 PM
the best part was Chad Ford. And I quote... "In a couple of years this may very well be known as the Lampe trade, not the Marbury trade."

Right.... any of you insiders should ask him about that during the next chat.

I have a feeling his body isnt developed. He may not be able to play in this league until he's 24-25.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/19/2006  12:49 PM
i always thought of it as the kirk snyder trade...
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/19/2006  12:52 PM
Posted by fishmike:

the best part was Chad Ford. And I quote... "In a couple of years this may very well be known as the Lampe trade, not the Marbury trade."

I have a feeling his body isnt developed. He may not be able to play in this league until he's 24-25.

Hmmm . . . if there's a way of lending out insider status, I would be SO happy to ask . . .

Panos
Member: #520
1/19/2006  12:52 PM
don't forget Vujanic.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
1/19/2006  12:55 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

I always thought of it as the Dwight Howard, Omeka Okafor or Ben Gordon trade since we were headed for a much higher pick and possibly even moreso if Isiah had done the right thing and dismantled the team when he got here.

It's not about what type of player Lampe becomes, it's about his trade value when he was traded and it was much higher then.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
islesfan
1/19/2006  12:56 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by fishmike:

Hmmm . . . if there's a way of lending out insider status, I would be SO happy to ask . . .

If you want to use my insider just have Andrew or Martin forward me your email address and I'd be happy to give it to you.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
1/19/2006  12:59 PM
Posted by islesfan:

It's not about what type of player Lampe becomes, it's about his trade value when he was traded and it was much higher then.

right, so the magic are smart for trading wallace for grant hil since, at the time, grant hill's value was worth more.

Silverfuel
Member: #268
USA
1/19/2006  1:00 PM
Posted by islesfan:

Which is exactly what Chad Ford should have thought about too. He shouldnt have bothered with "in a couple of years" instead of right now.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/19/2006  1:04 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Marv:
Posted by fishmike:

If you want to use my insider just have Andrew or Martin forward me your email address and I'd be happy to give it to you.

Sweet. Andrew/Martin, please do.
Ira
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #91
1/19/2006  1:08 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

You mean the Penny Hardaway trade.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/19/2006  1:37 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I'm pretty sure the Suns' GM said that. Maybe Ford did also though.

islesfan
1/19/2006  1:53 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:

I'm pretty sure the Suns' GM said that. Maybe Ford did also though.

Actually I'm pretty sure the Suns GM said "Holy Sh*t! We actually found someone stupid enough to take Marbury's and Penny's contracts and now we have a shot at signing a top free agent like Steve Nash this winter!! And we got 2 #1 picks! out of the deal"
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/19/2006  2:18 PM
I Marbury as a player. I do... and I'm glad he's a Knick. But when you see the value of NBA economics its pretty clear we got hosed there. Try to find similar trades. Baron Davis was traded for nothing but salary relief. Same with Rasheed Wallace. Mike Finely who was Mr. Maverick was released because the Mavs would save $60mm. The Mavs still owe him crazy cash. It just doesnt add up and this is what I am talking about when I say Isiah overpays.

Marbury is a bigtime player, no doubt but we paid for him 3x what any other team would have. When you think about the cap relief we provided, the nasty contracts we took back and the picks and young players as throw ins you think we would have gotten Shaq or Duncan.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/19/2006  2:37 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I Marbury as a player. I do... and I'm glad he's a Knick. But when you see the value of NBA economics its pretty clear we got hosed there. Try to find similar trades. Baron Davis was traded for nothing but salary relief. Same with Rasheed Wallace. Mike Finely who was Mr. Maverick was released because the Mavs would save $60mm. The Mavs still owe him crazy cash. It just doesnt add up and this is what I am talking about when I say Isiah overpays.

Marbury is a bigtime player, no doubt but we paid for him 3x what any other team would have. When you think about the cap relief we provided, the nasty contracts we took back and the picks and young players as throw ins you think we would have gotten Shaq or Duncan.

your examples may not be the best. For all GS or any other team knew Baron could end up like Q and his back in a second, and then they would be in for $15-17 extra large per for the next 3 years. Wallace was traded for cap fodder by Atlanta and Portland cause both team GMs are dumb. I don't get the Mavs example.

PHO knew what VALUE Marb would have for the Knicks. It's not only player for player and pick for player we are talking here. Marb's financial value to the Knicks was MUCH higher than his value on a PHO team, or any other team for that matter. I think his jersey is like #3 top seller in the league, but only in NYC, otherwise it's probably not top 20 even. And that's why the lopsidedness.

Also, you can say that Dolan pushed Layden into the $100M contract with Houston... could we also not speculate that Dolan pushed Isiah into the Marb deal?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
1/19/2006  2:47 PM
The Knicks have had just the most awful luck with european players.
https:// It's not so hard.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/19/2006  2:49 PM
martin...if we can't make a deal without overpaying, we're better off not making a deal.

patience is not virtuous with isiah.

i'm telling you, we would STILL have at least 4 young players on board if we didn't make the steph deal (our 2004 #1 and 2, our 2005 #1 and 2). and with isiah's drafting skill, they would be 4 solid young players that would be part of the core of this team.

but that's all hindsight.

with that said, we have a lot of young pieces in here right now but i still think they are at AT LEAST 2 years away from really being solid everyday players. frye, curry, crawford - all two years away from being bonafied starters for winning teams. (not to mention nate and lee as backups). if that's the case, then why are we just jerking off with steph now when we know we can't ever blow our load?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy