[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

mediocrity
Author Thread
dmeesq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #124
7/25/2002  2:46 PM
Why for once won't the Knicks do the prudent thing? If I'm NY, I work out a swap for Derrick Coleman, who could play center better than anybody else the Knicks have targeted this offseason. And to make matters better, he's got only 1 year remaining and will play hard this season since he'll be looking for NY dollars the following year.

Since Philly pines for Rodney Rogers to play PF, maybe the Knicks do a sign and trade for Rogers at somewhat above the mid-level exception and thrown in cap filler with a short term contract ending this year or next, and then do the swap for DC. And if DC doesn't work out for NY this year, at least we've gotten rid of some salary for the following year.

I actually believe that DC will be OK on this veteran NY team, where he'll only be the 4th option; chemistry really won't be an issue.
AUTOADVERT
nwny
Member: #284
7/25/2002  4:40 PM
Many teams are in need of a good PF, even more are in need of a good Center. None of them Inquiring about DC! Go back to sleep!
LJ2
Member: #239
USA
7/25/2002  4:48 PM
Posted by dmeesq:

Why for once won't the Knicks do the prudent thing? If I'm NY, I work out a swap for Derrick Coleman, who could play center better than anybody else the Knicks have targeted this offseason. And to make matters better, he's got only 1 year remaining and will play hard this season since he'll be looking for NY dollars the following year.

Since Philly pines for Rodney Rogers to play PF, maybe the Knicks do a sign and trade for Rogers at somewhat above the mid-level exception and thrown in cap filler with a short term contract ending this year or next, and then do the swap for DC. And if DC doesn't work out for NY this year, at least we've gotten rid of some salary for the following year.

I actually believe that DC will be OK on this veteran NY team, where he'll only be the 4th option; chemistry really won't be an issue.

I do that trade. Maybe Ward/Eisley and Harrington for DC. He's a legit post-up option behind McDyess and KT. And true, he's working for a new contract unless he calls it quits after this year.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
7/25/2002  9:18 PM
Posted by dmeesq:

I'd rather take my chances on Doleac instead. We don't need any cancerous disease spreading on the team. This Coleman guy has done nothin for NJ,Charlotte or Philly but make trouble. Why would we want that on the knicks?????
The Future. GO KNICKS!
LJ2
Member: #239
USA
7/26/2002  11:38 AM
Posted by knicksbb10:

This Coleman guy has done nothin for NJ,Charlotte or Philly but make trouble.

I thought Coleman was just lazy. What kinds of trouble did he cause?
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
7/26/2002  4:00 PM
Just what the Knicks need, another overwieght underachiever. We already have Spoon and Spencer - Coleman wont help us one but. We need a guy who can RUN and has SIZE. The only way to beat the west is to run and gun, the East is weak - we might as well lose for a few seasons and get a team that can run, bang, and score - instead of limp, brick, and pray. We have 3 of the pieces, Van X is part of the equation but the big C spot isnt going to get filled this season with a winner, not even if we sign someone. Kandi would have been OK but we didnt get him and Doleac is what we are looking at now. We will have a good season though - just get a good PG and we will be fine.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Caseloads
Member: #41
7/26/2002  4:33 PM
we might as well pull the trigger on ward and kt for vanX

ward and kt aren't going to get us anywhere, and we aren't going anywhere without a pg that can drive and dish - plus - the window of opportunity for NY is closing, we need to be daring and we're not getting baron davis, or dre miller. we might as well just give up on that happenning and getting a pg that is solid and explosive instead of holding onto KT and ward who aren't going to take NY to the next level.

we'd have a big 4 if we added van X

line up

PG: vanX/eisley/frank williams
SG: houston/anderson/postell
SF: spree/weatherspoon
PF: McDyess/Harrington
C: Doleac/Knight
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
7/26/2002  7:32 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

we might as well pull the trigger on ward and kt for vanX

ward and kt aren't going to get us anywhere, and we aren't going anywhere without a pg that can drive and dish - plus - the window of opportunity for NY is closing, we need to be daring and we're not getting baron davis, or dre miller. we might as well just give up on that happenning and getting a pg that is solid and explosive instead of holding onto KT and ward who aren't going to take NY to the next level.

we'd have a big 4 if we added van X

line up

PG: vanX/eisley/frank williams
SG: houston/anderson/postell
SF: spree/weatherspoon
PF: McDyess/Harrington
C: Doleac/Knight

I would be pretty satisfied with that lineup.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
mediocrity

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy