no way davis should be suspended or fined
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/19/2006  10:29 AM
Posted by TMS:

i think he should be suspended, though no one can blame him for going into the stands to defend his family obviously... rules are rules... if Patrick Ewing can be suspended during the playoffs for stepping 1 foot onto the court during the Charlie Ward/PJ Brown fight, then AD can certainly be suspended for going 10 rows into the stands & potentially causing a volatile situation that could easily have escalated into something more similar to the Ron Artest/Detroit fiasco.

ugh don't get me started on Ewing. He had one foot on the court and was just watching. And we led the series 3-1 when it happened
AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/19/2006  10:29 AM
Hey what did you all think of Nate's reaction? I was a bit concerned that he was gonna get a T himself and we couldn't afford it at that point, but I also gotta admit I liked the way he confronted Duhon and jawed at him. He kepet it under control and seemed to stay aware of the ref, but meanwhile he was really locked in on Duhon and you could see Duhon was a little freaked out. Nate in football mode!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/19/2006  10:38 AM
so what was the deal the MoT and Duhon? I though MoT tripped and fell into Duhon but I guess there was more. MSG didn't really show a replay where I could see what caused the altercation.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/19/2006  10:43 AM
Duhon was running through the lane trying to guard Nate, Mo T was going to set a pick but he ended up running Duhon over... then Duhon got angry & went after Mo T & that's how it started.

i love how Nate stuck up for his teammate... Duhon didn't want any piece of lil Nate.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/19/2006  11:21 AM
id ask, where t F was NBA security? Obviously it was a siuation that was ongoing for a few moments, they know that its the players wife and kids--where is the responsibilty of the nBA to ensure his wife and kids safety? at what point does AD have to sit there and watch something unfold like that, until someone pops his wife or kids? or worse? nBA security was slow and lax and while rules are rules, go into court, judges circumvent law all the time because of extenuating circumstance. why doesnt anything land on the nba or chicago bulls secuirty, why did it take davis being forced into the stands. a rule is a rule, but if the nBA cant uphold iyts end of the bargain, then why penalize AD? if he does get in trouble, it should be a slap in the wrist+ a memo that goes out to nba teams that massive fines wil be levied if there is found to inadueqate security
RIP Crushalot😞
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
1/19/2006  11:31 AM
I will say this. Security at Madison Square Garden is BAD, really BAD and it's at the absolute minimum. When I go, I rarely see any security guards walking around. I remember a few years back, I actually got into one altercation with this one dude at Wrestlemania XX and security never showed up until AFTER he and the dude in the row before us got in a fist fight and knocked eachother down the stairs. It was clear as daylight how this guy was bringing attention to himself and he wasn't going to stop until he got a fight out of it from SOMEONE.

And the worse thing is that before you come into the building, they don't even make people go through metal detectors anymore. They check peoples bags and THAT'S IT. I will still continue to go to events like tonight, but I am starting to feel a little less and less safe an Dolan has to do something about it.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
LBeast
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #994

1/19/2006  12:11 PM
Knowing Stern's track record: Would anyone be suprised if AD was suspended for the season?
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
1/19/2006  12:12 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

I will say this. Security at Madison Square Garden is BAD, really BAD and it's at the absolute minimum. When I go, I rarely see any security guards walking around. I remember a few years back, I actually got into one altercation with this one dude at Wrestlemania XX and security never showed up until AFTER he and the dude in the row before us got in a fist fight and knocked eachother down the stairs. It was clear as daylight how this guy was bringing attention to himself and he wasn't going to stop until he got a fight out of it from SOMEONE.

And the worse thing is that before you come into the building, they don't even make people go through metal detectors anymore. They check peoples bags and THAT'S IT. I will still continue to go to events like tonight, but I am starting to feel a little less and less safe an Dolan has to do something about it.

The sad part is, anytime you try and get down to a better seat they'll find you and send you out. Great priorities these people have.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
1/19/2006  12:21 PM
Players' families need to sit in a separte section with security. If that's done, there will never be any justification for a player going into the stands.
MinsHeartsReezy
Member: #872
USA
1/19/2006  1:26 PM
Posted by Marv:

Hey what did you all think of Nate's reaction? I was a bit concerned that he was gonna get a T himself and we couldn't afford it at that point, but I also gotta admit I liked the way he confronted Duhon and jawed at him. He kepet it under control and seemed to stay aware of the ref, but meanwhile he was really locked in on Duhon and you could see Duhon was a little freaked out. Nate in football mode!

Awwee man when nate started going at Duhon I was wondering that the heck was going on. What does Nate have to do with that and hoping real hard he doesn't do anything stupid. But I can't help but love him for that lol...its pretty ironic that our littlest guy is the toughest. But whatever he was saying couldn't have been that bad even though his face & body language suggested a stronger reaction. The Ref was right there and he didn't look too concerned and Duhon was still lookin right past him.

Taylor gets into way to many little "scuffles"...has he always been like this?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/19/2006  1:39 PM
Antionio was going up to help the poor dude from getting a whooping by his wife!
oohah
Member: #887
1/19/2006  4:39 PM
Antionio was going up to help the poor dude from getting a whooping by his wife!

Maybe this is not too far off-base. As BRIGGS posted in another thread: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AkhDxhWZjzFllEPOw41qf1s5nYcB?slug=ap-knicks-playerinstands&prov=ap&type=lgns

The guy involved claims AD's wife came at him, and he is supposedly "connected". Those weren't the cheap seats so I wouldn't bet against it.

If what the guy in the stands claims is true what Kendra Davis "KD" did was inexcusable and maybe she should be suspended from the games herself. It does not sound impossible to me at all that she did go after him in some way.

After the way Kidd's wife was harrassed at Boston, I thought they should provide a group of seats with extra security, or perhaps the wives could sit in the super boxes. There should be no interaction between fans and wives because it is a recipe for disaster. In most cases it will be the fans going after the wives and their children with unkind commentary.

oohah

Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
jaydh
Member: #96
1/19/2006  4:44 PM
Posted by oohah:

If what the guy in the stands claims is true what Kendra Davis "KD" did was inexcusable and maybe she should be suspended from the games herself. It does not sound impossible to me at all that she did go after him in some way.

i agree, and i could see going down that way too.
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
1/19/2006  5:02 PM
In many ways last night was just weird.

I don't see why Mrs. Davis would get that worked up over a fan booing a call or whatever. Does she have a history of irrational behavior?

I'm sure there's more to the story than that. I wonder if anything was caught on camera.

https:// It's not so hard.
oohah
Member: #887
1/19/2006  5:39 PM
Wow! 5 games for Davis!

oohah

Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
jaydh
Member: #96
1/19/2006  6:49 PM
Posted by oohah:

Wow! 5 games for Davis!

oohah

i wonder if larry will start MoT over Frye
MX25
Member: #555
USA
1/20/2006  5:41 AM
ife is
Posted by BasketballJones:

In many ways last night was just weird.

I don't see why Mrs. Davis would get that worked up over a fan booing a call or whatever. Does she have a history of irrational behavior?

I'm sure there's more to the story than that. I wonder if anything was caught on camera.

From what i've read and heard Davis' Wife is a notorious loudmouth with an ego size of Texas. This isn't the first time she has gotten into it with fans. She's been doing it for years. So i hope something happens to her.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/20/2006  8:27 AM
Axelrod is a weasel. She got attitude.

It don't mix.
no way davis should be suspended or fined

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy