[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

no way davis should be suspended or fined
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
1/19/2006  12:05 AM
if the nba players really have blls, they will stand behind davis and refuse to play if he gets some kind of penalty. that was his family and the nbA should have been responsible for protecting them so an incident like this wouldnt occur
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
1/19/2006  12:08 AM
Ad is also head of the players union. I think there will be a major stink if he is suspended. Where was Bulls security?
¿ △ ?
Travla
Member: #723
USA
1/19/2006  12:19 AM
I know it's an auto ejection if a player goes into the seats. Probably a suspension also but the circumstances of him protecting his family should supercede the suspension. We'll see if the NBA powers that be have any BALLS!!

[Edited by - Travla on 01-18-2006 23:20]
https://www.youtube.com/user/RPreston01/videos
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/19/2006  12:25 AM
Jeez..Bill Wellington thinks AD should be suspended because rules are rules eventhough him and AD are friends. I think AD will get 1 game just to send a message. Anything more will be a disgrace in this case
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
1/19/2006  12:28 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Jeez..Bill Wellington thinks AD should be suspended because rules are rules eventhough him and AD are friends. I think AD will get 1 game just to send a message. Anything more will be a disgrace in this case

unfortunately I think so too, as understandable as what he did was, I think he will get penalized, but I dont think they will throw the book at him.

according to mo taylor AD saw his wife trying to keep some guy from getting up out of his chair and had seen his wife and that guy having an altercation earlier and went into the stands as soon as he had the chance.

[Edited by - slimpack on 01-19-2006 12:31 AM]
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/19/2006  12:28 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I think he'll probably get three games at first and appeal it and have it knocked down to one or two.
¿ △ ?
MinsHeartsReezy
Member: #872
USA
1/19/2006  12:33 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I agree guns. He should will some small punishment just to show that they are enforcing the rules but if u watch the video, he ran into the stands but his body language was not very threatening when he got there. He just went to his wife and kids to see if they were okay. It took some time for the security to get there and when its your family u have follow your insticts, and your first instinct is not to go find security while your wife is being pushed around. Security should have taken care of the issue since it had apparently been going on for a while.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
1/19/2006  12:44 AM
I think he will receive a nominal fine and no suspension.
tomverve
Member: #878
1/19/2006  12:58 AM
I dunno. Given the sensitivity surrounding this issue, I think the NBA may opt for a relatively heftier suspension. It will look bad to the general public if they don't.

Besides, the NBA crackdown team doesn't give a damn about benign intentions. Ewing got suspended from a critical playoff game for wandering out to halfcourt after Ward was body slammed by PJ Brown. AD broke the rule, so he'll be punished, bottom line. There is a very sensitive image issue tied to this whole thing as well, so the punishment will probably be more severe than it should be.
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
oohah
Member: #887
1/19/2006  4:20 AM
I think AD will get a short suspension. Even if AD was justified from a human standpoint going into the stands, he should still be suspended for 1 game because that is the rule. If the NBA doesn't, other guys will try to justify the going into the stands again and again.

I am not saying this is the case but consider this: Maybe the fan was razzing AD, and AD's wife started jawing back at him? Isn't that possible? Then whose fault is it?

If the fan just called out AD's wife and started on her, his season tickets (Or whoever owned the seats.) should be revoked.

oohah

Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
MinsHeartsReezy
USA
1/19/2006  5:10 AM
Posted by oohah:

I think AD will get a short suspension. Even if AD was justified from a human standpoint going into the stands, he should still be suspended for 1 game because that is the rule. If the NBA doesn't, other guys will try to justify the going into the stands again and again.

I am not saying this is the case but consider this: Maybe the fan was razzing AD, and AD's wife started jawing back at him? Isn't that possible? Then whose fault is it?

If the fan just called out AD's wife and started on her, his season tickets (Or whoever owned the seats.) should be revoked.

oohah

You bring up a good point about the arguement which occurred between the two. But talking is one thing. This situation appeared to have gotten physical and thats really where the line was crossed. I'm sure we'll get more information about the who/what/where/why & how very soon.
But AD will be dealt with accordingly like u said, with possibly a suspension & a fine. It'll be interesting to see what kind of punishment they issue and how severe.

AD is in a position where he has to set an example as well, not just Stern, so i'm hoping the situation is resolved fairly.
MinsHeartsReezy
USA
1/19/2006  5:29 AM
This is from the Daily News and it gives us a slight idea of what might have happened:

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/384083p-326032c.html

According to a fan seated near Davis' family, one fan complained that Davis' kids were obstructing his view by standing. The unidentified fan exchanged words with Kendra and physical contact was made, although no punches were thrown. Antonio Davis saw the scene unfold from the bench during a timeout with Chicago leading 100-97 and immediately reacted. "You go up there every time," Taylor said. "Just like you guys have families, if you're at the game and you turn around and see someone pushing your wife and getting into it with your wife, I don't think you're going to worry about what the score is."
gunsnewing
USA
1/19/2006  7:01 AM
I think he'll get 2 games
Travla
Member: #723
USA
1/19/2006  7:29 AM
I really don't think he should get suspended but I know they will do it. They are too worried about how it will look if they don't.....even though anybody should be able to understand the situation. No more than 3 games IMHO.
https://www.youtube.com/user/RPreston01/videos
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
1/19/2006  8:32 AM
the league will send a message, a subtle one though. he will get fined and suspended up to 2 games. anything more is unwarranted. but the message would be not to go in the stands under any circumstances because a situation like this could have easily turned ugly. what if the drunk man had a group of rowdy friends that just like wildin'? ad could be in serious danger as well as the fans. so i could see why the league would suspend him. but i would do the same thing if i was in his situation ( unlike the artest situation).
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
1/19/2006  8:37 AM
Posted by jazz74:

the league will send a message, a subtle one though. he will get fined and suspended up to 2 games. anything more is unwarranted. but the message would be not to go in the stands under any circumstances because a situation like this could have easily turned ugly. what if the drunk man had a group of rowdy friends that just like wildin'? ad could be in serious danger as well as the fans. so i could see why the league would suspend him. but i would do the same thing if i was in his situation ( unlike the artest situation).

You're right, cuz if ad gets in it with those guys you know the knicks are going up there to help him and then you got Detroit all over agian.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/19/2006  8:48 AM
Rules are rules. As president of the players association he understands. He was cool, he got up there, and got right out, and left with no further altercation, but we can't have players going up for any reason.

And I don't think he regrets going one bit to protect his family.

Just like I would kill to protect my family, but I might have to pay some consequences to do so.

It could have gotten real ugly, but it did not. He should get the minimum for going in the stands.

gunsnewing
USA
1/19/2006  9:58 AM
Taylor may be suspended too once Stern sees how he leveled Duhon
Caseloads
Member: #41
1/19/2006  10:09 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Taylor may be suspended too once Stern sees how he leveled Duhon

Why did no one level Gordon!?
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
1/19/2006  10:25 AM
i think he should be suspended, though no one can blame him for going into the stands to defend his family obviously... rules are rules... if Patrick Ewing can be suspended during the playoffs for stepping 1 foot onto the court during the Charlie Ward/PJ Brown fight, then AD can certainly be suspended for going 10 rows into the stands & potentially causing a volatile situation that could easily have escalated into something more similar to the Ron Artest/Detroit fiasco.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
no way davis should be suspended or fined

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy